Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 30: General feedback

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, admin said:

you dont fight player AI fleets in missions - i do not see how it is relevant to missions and ow ai.

so i guess i will take 1 indef in fleet with my t brig then swap over and kill anything with my double charged 42pd carronades. Besides you said "ai having double charged on the carronade stern doesent do much difference" maybe not directly said but in that manner, so.. yes it doesent make much difference so why not just fix it so players cant exploit it?

Edited by Wyy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We came to what from we left. PvP marks ---> ... ---> PvP medals. Geniusly! PvP/Combat marks and ordinary gold is the best ever system we had. With auto marks/gold transfer like it was.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got "Tips" when using "ESC" in port screen. Can we get access to "tips" when we are in ow too. Would like to read stuff while sailing. Gambling and praying are gone :(

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, z4ys said:

We got "Tips" when pressing "ESC" in port screen. Can we get access to "tips" when we are in ow too. Would like to read stuff while sailing. Gambling and praying are gone :(

We should be able to flip around and do Econ/Crafting in our various outposts while sailing.  The fact that we can't do that kind of thing is just silly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wraith said:

We should be able to flip around and do Econ/Crafting in our various outposts while sailing.  The fact that we can't do that kind of thing is just silly.

No game currently on the market allows this sort of non existence in their main worlds; no space game, no action game, none.  That would make the silly game not a game at all.  Why not just go play World of Warships.. oh wait they dont allow that either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thomas Boyle said:

We came to what from we left. PvP marks ---> ... ---> PvP medals. Geniusly! PvP/Combat marks and ordinary gold is the best ever system we had. With auto marks/gold transfer like it was.

Yes we now have Four (4) currencies in game.  But the good thing is you can play the game without having to get all the currencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angriff said:

No game currently on the market allows this sort of non existence in their main worlds; no space game, no action game, none.  That would make the silly game not a game at all.  Why not just go play World of Warships.. oh wait they dont allow that either 

Not true.

In SWTOR (another MMO) you can send your companions on crafting-economy missions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angriff said:

No game currently on the market allows this sort of non existence in their main worlds; no space game, no action game, none.  That would make the silly game not a game at all.  Why not just go play World of Warships.. oh wait they dont allow that either 

Heh, don't be ignorant. Plenty of other games have "agents" that are active doing econ and trading while other game activities are taking place.  Flipping through your outposts in a tabbed interface while at sea is no less realistic than magically "teleporting" around the Caribbean using doubloons just to check on a contract or something while you're in port.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rewards and the complexity of group killing missions are bad.


Yes, sometimes they were simple, but now they are just not worth the attention. To sink one battleship 1th rank with three 5th rank ships and so it was a task for good players (a mistake led to the loss of the ship), but now he has the support of two more ships of the 4th rank. + the award is received only by the person who took the mission, and not the whole group.  Silver chests are not at all an interesting reward for such missions. It makes no sense to even try - it's easier to complete the epic mission

Edited by Karl_de_Cori
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry. They know what they want. It will be an epic game for those that stays. All will be fine.

 Mantra rather 100 guys for the right game than 1000 for the wrong one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Karl_de_Cori said:

New rewards and the complexity of group killing missions are bad.


Yes, sometimes they were simple, but now they are just not worth the attention. To sink one battleship 1th rank with three 5th rank ships and so it was a task for good players (a mistake led to the loss of the ship), but now he has the support of two more ships of the 4th rank. + the award is received only by the person who took the mission, and not the whole group.  Silver chests are not at all an interesting reward for such missions. It makes no sense to even try - it's easier to complete the epic mission

Group mission was completed yesterday live with just 4 ships (one sank unfortunately)
We maintain that they should be hard, but of agree maybe not that hard as it is now. 

the mission entry should be made working first and rewards and complexity is still considered untuned properly - we will do it this week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, admin said:

Group mission was completed yesterday live with just 4 ships (one sank unfortunately)
We maintain that they should be hard, but of agree maybe not that hard as it is now. 

the mission entry should be made working first and rewards and complexity is still considered untuned properly - we will do it this week.

With 4 ships?  I thought you can only bring 3 in the group?  Who was the 4 long term vets?  If they lost a ship than casuals and new players will end up wiped out.

i haven’t tried one yet cause of the group entry bug, but we alll ready have hard epic missions so these shouldn’t be

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, with 4 ships its already 33% increase! It sounds like someone found the easiest mission on the market to accomplish that :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@admin Can you elaborate on "with 4 ships"? Did you test in on a testbed with more players or do you mean someone succeeded in a 6 people mission with 4 ships?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

With 4 ships?  I thought you can only bring 3 in the group?  Who was the 4 long term vets?  If they lost a ship than casuals and new players will end up wiped out.

i haven’t tried one yet cause of the group entry bug, but we alll ready have hard epic missions so these shouldn’t be

There are 6 man missions in Freeports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom Farseer said:

@admin Can you elaborate on "with 4 ships"? Did you test in on a testbed with more players or do you mean someone succeeded in a 6 people mission with 4 ships?

And how many tried to get in to start with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

With 4 ships?  I thought you can only bring 3 in the group?  Who was the 4 long term vets?  If they lost a ship than casuals and new players will end up wiped out.

i haven’t tried one yet cause of the group entry bug, but we alll ready have hard epic missions so these shouldn’t be

Think it was Reverse with friends. One told it to me on ts. Said it couldnt be right, since group is 3. But it was grp. But grp aperantly also is in sizes of 4. Do think he said 2 sunk and not 1.

Should be the link. Starts around 2.21

 

Edited by staun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

And how many tried to get in to start with?

yes. they wanted to do a 6th ship mission but due to bug only 4 got in. 
that's why we are switching them off today - to fix the entry and balance the enemies and enemy spawns.
THANKS for the feedback on group missions - we are listening)))

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best ships in every class will now require permits to craft them

4 minutes ago, admin said:

main post updated with todays hotfix information.

  • Permits can be acquired in the admiralty for Combat Medals
  • All permits will be attainable from Captain or Gold chests for free
  • Reason for this change is simple: the only way to make certain ships rare is to get them attainable only through certain activities important to the game. (this does not apply to Peace server as all ships are capturable there)

'Why not just take the final step and say all ships above 7 rate takes a permit. So either ppl do PvP/ RvR ore they will have a hard time to go on bigger ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, staun said:

Why not just take the final step and say all ships above 7 rate takes a permit. So either ppl do PvP/ RvR ore they will have a hard time to go on bigger ships?

because the problem with pvp has never been willingness, it that pvp only happens outside of a handful of ports other wise it takes hours to find a battle. RVR has no niche and is still just a single battle as apposed to a war or conquest. Timers reflect this, a RVR system that relies on such small time and numbers is flawed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to have wasa and christian craftable!! Now can we increase the hold size of both wasa and wapen? @admin

Also carro range needs to be shorten by half and dispersion increased, damage is fine.

looking forward to how eco will work following this wipe)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

because the problem with pvp has never been willingness, it that pvp only happens outside of a handful of ports other wise it takes hours to find a battle. RVR has no niche and is still just a single battle as apposed to a war or conquest. Timers reflect this, a RVR system that relies on such small time and numbers is flawed.

You're kidding right? If pvp had nothing to do with willingness people would not be hiding on the docks for 30 min waiting for a smaller ship to gank on the way to port. I watch people doing it all the time. I undock with a trinco. Bellona tags me. I dock up and get Bellona. This time I tag to get equal fight but the enemy Bellona docks up. People are willing to win but not willing to fight. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...