Game-Labs Forum

Petition to give all EA testers of NA a special skin for Pandora and a flag

I feel like testers getting Pandora for free is a nice gesture but not really a fitting or exclusive enough reward. That being said Pandora should be available to everyone, not only testers.

So I would like to see a special paint for Pandora that is exclusive to EA testers. A paint job with different tiers or several different ones would be even more sick, the more time someone spent playing / testing NA, the more details and colours on the skin. Or simply make it so someone does not qualify for the skin, if they don't have minimum 500 ( just a suggestion that seems fair ) hours of play time on the account.

There could also be a special flag for everyone that put more than 1k hours into the game pre release etc. ...

• Like 10

As I understood Pandora will be given out as DLC not as redeemable. So my question rather is if we can use the Pandora DLC the same way as the Hercules/Requin DLC.... 

Just now, Joernsson said:

So my question rather is if we can use the Pandora DLC the same way as the Hercules/Requin DLC

Yes, it is supposed to become 24h cd redeem like already existing DLC ships but free for EA testers. And I have to say the 10 bucks it would cost me after release is a rather meager reward compared to the hundreds of hours I spent playing / testing the game. Most games give special and exclusive decals, titles, flags, skins etc. for testers, sometimes with different tiers.

• Like 1

I like this idea. A redeemable cosmetic paint for this ship only, would be an awesome way to say "You're Special" and allow users to spot us veterans without providing too much of an advantage to EA testers. I personally would prefer they went down the route of just giving us a redeemable standard ship every 24hrs (like how yacht = cutter copy) instead of making yet another DLC ship, but I can't complain.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

As I understand ea tester get Pandora dlc for free. Everyone else has to buy her dlc in steamshop

Which means she's not longer special like all the sea trails guys have the yacht, not just about any joe blow can have one.  I mention the paint thing too so that way we had some way of saying, "Yah we stuck through it and tested."  Though honestly think they should be giving us something else if they plan to sale the Pandora.  This we can't DLC it without saleing it is BS cause how is the yacht set up than?

Actually even better give us a BP of the ship and than DLC that can be sold,  Since we h ave a BP we can craft them any time we want and how we want.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

I agree with you guys, in that the Pandora is nothing special, if you can buy it as DLC but I really don't want to see a ship with unique stats that is exclusive to testers. I'd rather see some reskin like Yacht for Cutter, that is only cosmetic and thus balanced.

21 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

I'd rather see some reskin like Yacht for Cutter, that is only cosmetic and thus balanced.

I may be mistaken, but according to this, the Yacht and the Cutter don't share the same sailing model/speed curve.

They seem to only share the same armament (like the Pickle btw). Moreover their 3d models are very different.

PS : Free Pandora DLC is a great gift for testers. No need of anything else.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah I felt our contributions are a bit bad compensated considering everything.

It was your choice to contribute to the development.... is everyone here really that greedy? This community used to be nice

• Like 4

Do you guys think we will ever reach a point where there are more players who bought after release than before? I’m doubtful. Almost everyone on the servers is going to have a Pandora. 

• Like 2

Not sure what the negative comments are about... how is it greedy or whiney to ask whether or not we can have something truely unique / exclusive and purely cosmetic as small gesture for our support of the game during EA ? Because let's face it, the Pandora itself won't be exlusive or unique at all ( and that is good because no ship with unique stats should ever be exclusive ). I didn't ask for a completely new ship exclusive to EA players, only for a paintjob and maybe a flag. Also I didn't demand or complain, it was a neutral request. Like come on guys, really?

I'd rather have Yacht and buy Pandora to support the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

Do you guys think we will ever reach a point where there are more players who bought after release than before? I’m doubtful. Almost everyone on the servers is going to have a Pandora. 

I would assume that the majority of players in the game aren't teenagers with only pocket money either, I doubt many would have a problem forking up 30-50$ or whatever the price will be...

20 hours ago, Christendom said:

are you saying a rare tester only gift that isn't going to be rare and tester only.....isn't compensation for 3+ years of EA funding and testing?

So, Christendom, is taht it i will be with you until the Last Day? Endless rant and  poising the NA Communtiy werever you can? Forums, Steam and ingame?  Trying to make everyone misrable? ruining it werever you can?

Edited by Meraun

13 minutes ago, Tac said:

If only I could bottle the emotional distress from this thread.

i demand compensation because reasons.

I agree somewhat but understand their frustration. The free Pandora is a nice gift but it is not like Yacht. Nothing that says "Thank you for supporting the game during EA". You got one dude that got Pandora for free, being an EA tester and another next to him who bought the ship, there is no difference in game. I wonder what seatrials testers will say when Yacht becomes available as DLC.