Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

7 minutes ago, Spikes said:

I thought commander XP (rank) was not going to get reset? Or will it get returned upon release?

There is no information on the final release wipe yet. But when this decision will be made based on what is going to make the game better on release. What is certain is that books and skill books will remain safe + pandora will be provided as free DLC for all early access testers.

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Spikes said:

I thought commander XP (rank) was not going to get reset?

The above comments are a bit vague, but in essence they cannot WIPE your XP that you've accrued per steam EULA.  What they can do is dilute that and create more ranks and make it so you are no longer max rank...etc etc.  I imagine they'll do something like   Rear Admiral, Admiral of the Blue, Admiral of White.......Sea Lord.   

Either way, RIP NA from now until release.  

12 minutes ago, admin said:

First wipe will happen next week. It will be an economy reset and will be related to resources, money and other not seaworthy assets.

NINJA edit

Edited by Christendom

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

The above comments are a bit vague, but in essence they cannot WIPE your XP that you've accrued per steam EULA. 

no. All steam developers can wipe everything with no consequences when in Early access. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, admin said:

no. All steam developers can wipe everything with no consequences when in Early access. 

you've said otherwise before in previous posts, just repeating what I read.  

I'll echo the sentiments of the posters in saying ship knowledge XP needs to not be touched.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

I'll echo the sentiments of the posters in saying ship knowledge XP needs to not be touched.

He literally just said they would remain

4 minutes ago, admin said:

. What is certain is that books and knowledges will remain + pandora will be provided as free DLC for all early access testers.

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

you've said otherwise before in previous posts, just repeating what I read.  

we never said so. Early access rules allow developers to start selling the game about dinosaurs but then change the course and end up with robots on the release. Early access developers are even allowed to never release the game. Of course we are not those developers and have 2 launches from early access (one of them selling 500k copies) and will release NA this spring. Thus wipes will have to start happening - next week.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Am I reading well? Are we going to lose our ranks and craft levels in one incoming wipe?

you are here to test for release. deal with it or leave until release in spring.

Edited by RKY
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

The Thing is if you do you will lose many Players. And I don't think there will be as many remaining with new guys that will fill like 500.

Game doesn't need many players to test.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

= most vocal supporters... ;) 

Vocal supporters will understand that the game will have to shine on release when new players come and you only have one chance to make a first impression. 

But in your case your phrase is only 50% true (and you know it)

• Like 9

Uh, immediate issue arises. How many players will actually want to play between those annoying as hello kitty multiple wipes, specially if they are resetting exp? I mean the test bed has had a max number of players of what? 20?
It was mentioned ship exp would not be touched, are you maintaining that or not?

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 2

To everyone complaining about XP and Knowledge wipes I ask: Is it not enough that we are getting a special ship and special paints and game experience? Why must we retain all our XP and have such an enormous advantage over  the hordes of newbies that will join the game at release? Just curious...sure it's a grind, but at least we'd all be on the same level field as anyone new coming to the game.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

To everyone complaining about XP and Knowledge wipes I ask: Is it not enough that we are getting a special ship and special paints and game experience? Why must we retain all our XP and have such an enormous advantage over  the hordes of newbies that will join the game at release? Just curious...sure it's a grind, but at least we'd all be on the same level field as anyone new coming to the game.

No, it isn't enough. Specially when it was already promised otherwise and many people have been grinding their ship exp in the past months because of that. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Love it, but what happens with our DLC? our Final exam rank (M&C)?

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

I mean after release to prime time

We will see what happens after release. But i think xp will be one of the least things why people will quit playing.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 1