Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I just hope when the full wipe comes they allow PvP in basic cutters, at least temporarily. 

is Purge going to be a basic cutter menace? ;)

I patiently wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hači_CZ said:

Konečně nějaká změna textu na forum. Už se mi to všechno splývalo a začínal jsem se ztrácet.. 🙂

tak jo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen so much excitement on the theme of "wiping". Wiping technique is very important, I will follow up by giving helpful hints on wiping history etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some quirks with the game, got logged off, could not log back in again after several tries, but i think i am good now.  My chat screen went blank and could not se my ships in port but i think i am fine now. 

Edited by Yehoodi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I just hope when the full wipe comes they allow PvP in basic cutters, at least temporarily. 

That's what you bought your DLC ships for right?  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stepping back and looking at this wipe I'm not sure if they could have done it worse. Yea the wipe has to occur and if that means players who were testing lose stuff, that's part of the deal. Why spread it out over two months or more though? Why change a trading system already implemented for one we don't even know will work? Why inform players in a manner that leaves more questions than answers. Why refuse to take responsibility for statements and guarantees that were made?

Developers certainly have the right to prepare and implement a wipe any way they want. I don't have any problem with them taking away my pixels. I do take exception with this piecemeal, pulling off of the band-aid. It removes any interest in the game from its players. The attitude this action promotes is one that drives players toward other games and some may never return.

The old trading system wasn't great, we all agreed. However announcing a wipe and then implementing a new one is dicey at best. What if no one likes it? What if it doesn't work? It would seem to me that you shouldn't fling a change as major as this into the cogs and walk away as if its a job well done.

Whats going to happen? When is it going to happen? These are statements that need to be made clear as a bell. Many players rushed to remove ships from auction houses. Selling them at deflated prices or sinking other ships to make room. When a well worded sentence of intention would have prevented misunderstanding. This is what happens when you slowly, painfully pick at a wound, which in this case is the wipe.

For many the statement "we guarantee" is a promise, a hand shake and in this case, a written agreement. Many seek a heartfelt explanation for its reversal. One that should be offered in the sincerest of manner. One presented in wording that makes it clear that it pains developers to go back on this guarantee, this hand shake, this written agreement. Developers will have zero credibility with players until they do.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cockeyed Callaway said:

Why spread it out over two months or more though? Why change a trading system already implemented for one we don't even know will work?

The first question answers the second one.

Economy and trading cant be tested when people stll have "everything".

These wipes are made to test exactly that new system.

1 hour ago, Cockeyed Callaway said:

For many the statement "we guarantee" is a promise, a hand shake and in this case, a written agreement. Many seek a heartfelt explanation for its reversal. One that should be offered in the sincerest of manner. One presented in wording that makes it clear that it pains developers to go back on this guarantee, this hand shake, this written agreement. Developers will have zero credibility with players until they do.

Devs already stated several times, that it was a mistake to promise ranks wont be lost and explained why they made this decision.

And i still dont get why people are so butthurt about it. Feels like no one gives a f*ck when politicians do that every day, but if it happens in a video game they are about to start a revolution before their life ends.

1 hour ago, Cockeyed Callaway said:

I don't have any problem with them taking away my pixels.

Where is the problem then?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM, admin said:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter on day one  (to get to pandora or dlc ships players will have to level up)

It's as simple as this, 

There was never any intent on allowing players to keep rank/crafting XP

Player numbers have been low, in order to keep the handfull of players you had to make a promise they would keep what they earned.

Now that you are getting closer to " release" you finally admit that players will not keep what they earned.

Some of us seen you were dishonest ages ago, just happy you finally came out and said what many knew. That players would not keep what they earned.

You lied to your base, plain and simple no matter how you try and sugarcoat it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, Anne Wildcat said:

I just hope when the full wipe comes they allow PvP in basic cutters, at least temporarily. 

Prepare for Yacht Domination

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the wipe does come, can we possibly get the ai traders lynxes and cutters back on the sea? It would be nice to capture them to use for trading when everyone is starting fresh. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 10, 2019 at 2:54 PM, Anne Wildcat said:

When the wipe does come, can we possibly get the ai traders lynxes and cutters back on the sea? It would be nice to capture them to use for trading when everyone is starting fresh. 

Not like you can trust anything @admin says, they can change their mind at any time. So why ask them anything?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 3:17 PM, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Now people even complain when their valuable ships on the market do not get wiped? Glad I am no developer, I would grow mad at players' logic. You take from them, they rage. You let them keep their things, they rage too... ^^

 

Best news of the day: Christian became craftable (and Rattlesnake I like too...)!

That will surely save you quite some million reals.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm late to the party, but I really despise any wipe of xp. It's true, I grinded completely up in 1 month, but I also did that with the promise in mind that xp were here to stay. It makes no sense for a PvE server to force people to grind again.

But what should I say? Let me quote these old, wise words, and live on.

Quote

 

2Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. 3What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun? 4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. 7All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. 8All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. 9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 11There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes 1

 

 

Edited by Anymn
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres still The DLC Hercules , La Requin  ,and other ships we will get too. It would not make sense to me anyway to have a tier 5 group with a tier 1 with no way in or out. So OP is gone. And it was way OP'd at the end from a Noob I was in July , And I doubt you will have restrictions of labor ships etc because cutter wont cut it at end game. But they were testing new ships and UI's etc  .now tweaking the economy . BTW if were due for a wipe anyone want 2 Christians to USE , but prove it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 26, 2019 at 9:49 PM, Powderhorn said:

Everyone keeps saying that admin lied.  English is not everyone's first language on here, but, let me clear something up real quick:

Emphasis added.

There was no lie.  There was no intent to deceive.  You cannot lie about there not being an XP wipe if you did not know about it yourself.  There was a reevaluation, and some people will be upset about that.  However, now that I've cleared that up, any post going forward accusing admin of lying about the wipe will be dismissed out of hand.  Talk about why it frustrates you.  Talk about what you think the impact of the decision will be.  However, accusing him of lying is simply false and non-productive.

Game with a ton of negative reviews, can hardly  maintain a population of 600-700 players at peak hours with lord knows how many of those as Alts, desperately making sweeping changes in patches with little clear direction. 

I'm sure there was no intention to allow players to keep their rank and crafting XP from the beginning, but when you can barely keep the players you have interested enough to stay on board you need a carrot to keep the ass( as in donkey/mule) lurching forward. The false promise of keeping rank/crafting XP was it. There was intent to deceive from the beginning, if they were brand new devs maybe I could belive they would make such a mistake. These guys knew better and exactly what they were doing.

I know I will get banned for this, just like being a mod you have to go along with whatever admin says on the subject. But don't assume everyone does not see through the BS.

Edited by Ruthless4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruthless4u said:

I'm sure there was no intention to allow players to keep their rank and crafting XP from the beginning, but when you can barely keep the players you have interested enough to stay on board you need a carrot to keep the ass( as in donkey/mule) lurching forward. The false promise of keeping rank/crafting XP was it. There was intent to deceive from the beginning, if they were brand new devs maybe I could belive they would make such a mistake. These guys knew better and exactly what they were doing.

That was not a good promise to make in the first place. Games get wiped on release coming out of alpha/beta whatever. That's just what happens when games come out of testing stage. The wipe is a promise saying "hey, our game is in a finished state, from here on you're playing what is essentially our final product), of course patches go on for as long as they can but the wipe is the sacrifice that every game makes to usher in the release. If you're game doesn't require a wipe prior to release can you really say that it's final if the progress made in testing is still valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ruthless4u said:

Game with a ton of negative reviews, can hardly  maintain a population of 600-700 players at peak hours with lord knows how many of those as Alts, desperately making sweeping changes in patches with little clear direction. 

The game is not finished yet... many changes may still be coming... and... I know for a fact that entire clans are waiting very patiently to rejoin the game upon full release. For now we test and deliberate better possibilities. Let us find solutions then let the devs decide what they want or don't want to implement into their game. The players sending all these negative reviews must have become diselusioned some how... I have close to 2000 hours and see no reasons to complain in any way about this game. But that is me... I am patient and calculating by nature, always have been, always will be. I suppose I could see how a player that has been playing a lot and rebuilt many many times would grow tired of testing. Testing in the end just isn't for everyone. This is why many are opting out for now, to join in the fun later when the game is completed, aye?

Lets remember... we are here as testers first. To rate an unfinished game seems a little bit silly to me. I cant give this game a rating yet, at least not an honest rating because its not finished. I am sure many players will return upon release... but warning is due now, they will likely be at a disadvantage to those that stuck with it and know how everything works. After all we have been around for all the changes, yes? Steam ratings for an unfinished game, I would not really consider any of them until after a certain length of time after release date. That is my advice anyway, good or bad, there it is. 

Three cheers for the Frigates and their galante Captains.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Anymn said:

2Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. 3What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun? 4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. 7All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full: unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. 8All things are full of labor; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. 9The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. 10Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us. 11There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

Ecclesiastes 1

Good wisdom, those that are wise will consider such words, the righteous will rejoice in the ways of wisdom.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...