Game-Labs Forum
admin

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

1 minute ago, admin said:

Vocal supporters will understand that the game will have to shine on release when new players come and you only have one chance to make a first impression. 

But in your case your phrase is only 50% true (and you know it)

You can not make this game shine in only 2-3 months.

You are rushing the release and that is going to be a disaster for the game.

• Like 2

To everyone complaining about XP and Knowledge wipes I ask: Is it not enough that we are getting a special ship and special paints and game experience? Why must we retain all our XP and have such an enormous advantage over  the hordes of newbies that will join the game at release? Just curious...sure it's a grind, but at least we'd all be on the same level field as anyone new coming to the game.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

To everyone complaining about XP and Knowledge wipes I ask: Is it not enough that we are getting a special ship and special paints and game experience? Why must we retain all our XP and have such an enormous advantage over  the hordes of newbies that will join the game at release? Just curious...sure it's a grind, but at least we'd all be on the same level field as anyone new coming to the game.

No, it isn't enough. Specially when it was already promised otherwise and many people have been grinding their ship exp in the past months because of that. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Love it, but what happens with our DLC? our Final exam rank (M&C)?

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

I mean after release to prime time

We will see what happens after release. But i think xp will be one of the least things why people will quit playing.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Vocal supporters will understand that the game will have to shine on release when new players come and you only have one chance to make a first impression. 

Oh really?  I haven't posted a single review on Steam yet across any of my accounts because I do not review Early Access titles on principle. And yet I stream and have tested, contributed to this community for years, and yes, "vocally" supported this game by maintaining communities at multiple levels in and around Naval Action.. especially focusing on new players and their support.  Sooooooo, you may want to rethink your characterization about me. Just sayin'. :) 

But if we're being completely open and truthful here, you might want to address the elephant in the room that we all read and understood for a very long time:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Knight Stalin said:

Do upgrades and cannons come under sea worthy assests?, mostly asking about poods in terms of cannons

Cannons and upgrades can be taken to sea

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

Will the same tutorial be there to re-do?

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Ok I'm fine then. We get a redeemable ship for free for testing. So like just do some PvP as well as it makes sense to the new Players. It sounds like many Things to do like "leveling up, Level ships" and so on. But We already have a skill Advantage then we get a free ship dlc and books. We are all just too lazy to grind again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But if we're being completely open and truthful here, you might want to address the elephant in the room that we all read and understood for a very long time:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter on day one  (to get to pandora or dlc ships players will have to level up)

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

And still requires more time.

Why?  The damage model is perfect, right? That's all the game needs. 🙄

• Like 4

the game has great potential, and 500k copies without advertisement is a great start, there is really no such game as this after potbs got laid down and if you make this game succeed for both casuals and hardcore players it might have a bright future

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Full XP reset?

You have repeated lots of times those XP will be safe. I can not believe this.

• Like 14

We better receive some PRETTY DAMN good compensation if exp gets reset. As you said it was 'guaranteed' to be kept. Or I guess prepare yourselves for a massive flow of refunds. 

Edited by Draymoor
  • Like 3

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal will make things worse. 
Full wipe - people on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they dont even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter.

Well, if the company would like to renig on their statements and promises, can I renig on my purchase? Conveniently not.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

the game has great potential, and 500k copies without advertisement is a great start, there is really no such game as this after potbs got laid down and if you make this game succeed for both casuals and hardcore players it might have a bright future

500k is our other game sorry.

• Like 3

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain. 
Only books/skillbooks will be recovered

I ask humbly that you do not wipe our XP if it can be avoided. And if it cannot be avoided, and the XP must be wiped, I ask that people be given partial redeemable XP so that they don't fall completely out of the community. There are those among us who have played since January of 2016 without losing all their XP and would be greatly upset to lose it all, especially after several comments in the past which were, perhaps erroneously, interpreted as assurance that we'd not lose our rank progress. I cannot truthfully say that I'd return to the game were I to lose all my levels, at which point the "seagoing assets" become unuseable without an extreme grind. The grind was far more forgiving when we had the ability to use instant-action missions to bring the PVE XP on a friendly schedule. Today, chasing players and bots around the extremely large open world would be nearly insurmountable for those who are employed or in education. This whole thing goes without mentioning the struggle of new players who acquire the game, as I'm sure the issue is quite familiar to them.

• Like 8