Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

5 minutes ago, Koveras said:

What "new" release crowd? How many ppl do we actually think that is interested in the age of sails?

I fear that 90% of the people interested in age of sails have already bought the game.

4 minutes ago, mikawa said:

I fear that 90% of the people interested in age of sails have already bought the game.

We are not sure what kind of crowd is out there. Besides most people stay away from early access, until hit hits release.

13 minutes ago, Meraun said:

You must have been gone a wihle 🙂

As of now,  we shoud get a full wipe expect Books.

Yes I have been gone for a while, but now am back. And i am bringing hell with me!

10 minutes ago, Koveras said:

What "new" release crowd? How many ppl do we actually think that is interested in the age of sails?

More than you think, there has never been another MMO like this game. People will buy this game just cuz it's a new MMO, not to mention all the Napoloen TW fans out there!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HoneyBaddger said:

Yes I have been gone for a while, but now am back. And i am bringing hell with me!

Good! We are in need of fresh positive Blood like you and me. Rovers got salty around here

I would be interested too in a short statement when we approximately would have the Pandora ingame. I'm very exited of sailing her the first time. I already saw her in Cpt. Reverse's stream, so she can be considered as finished model. Thanks in advance for a short reply.

18 minutes ago, jodgi said:

When Steam has approved

I thought the Pandora was going to be the early access reward ship, similar to how the yacht was given to alpha players and not DLC? Looking at the older patch notes the Pandora was offered as the early access reward (with more rewards possible). 

It would be a bit disappointing that the early access reward is a ship from a DLC anyone could get.

5 hours ago, Sir David Green said:

I thought the Pandora was going to be the early access reward ship, similar to how the yacht was given to alpha players and not DLC? Looking at the older patch notes the Pandora was offered as the early access reward (with more rewards possible). 

It would be a bit disappointing that the early access reward is a ship from a DLC anyone could get.

It will still be like the Yacht but for them to set it up it has to be offered as a DLC also.  So others can buy it, but we all get it for free.   This was something I wasn't to happy about when they announced it in the patch notes a while back cause than it's not special EA only.  What they should do is before release give us all a BP of the ship so we can craft it our selves along with the DLC.  

What we are waiting on is for Steam to Approve them and allow it into the game. Since it's showing in game I"m betting it's approved but hasn't been dropped officialy on steam.  Once it does that is when we will be able to use it.

58 minutes ago, n_Ka said:

I think of the devs need giving for free for everybody who finish the tutorial 1 note of each dlc ship. Because the new players need knowing what they buy.

I thought about this and was going to suggest something like this.  have different levels and at each one you get one note of the DLC ships to test out.   This would encourage folks that might like the ship to buy them than.  @admin maybe have special missions where you can get the notes one time in game to test out?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@adminIt will still be like the Yacht but for them to set it up it has to be offered as a DLC also.  So others can buy it, but we all get it for free.   This was something I wasn't to happy about when they announced it in the patch notes a while back cause than it's not special EA only. 

Share the wealth, I say.  I may be Sir Yachts-A-Lot, but I'm not a snob - I'd be happy to see other players enjoy Yachts and Pandoras for a few dollars.  The only content that should be reserved for lucky early adopters is cosmetic vanity stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Archer said:

I just tested the Pandora. With the extra 2pdr guns this ship has technically 3 gun decks, so using deck guns during boarding is not possible (when fighting single deck ships). 

Is this intentionally done or just a mistake?

Thats a very good point. I suggest that ship decks with swivel guns do not count as a deck and that the damage of the swivel guns is added to the deck gun damage of the deck bellow (for Pandora and LGV Refit) to give the swivels an extra punch in boarding. 

• Like 4

On 4/5/2019 at 3:31 AM, Barbancourt said:

Yacht

I'd really like one but sadly I only found the game shortly after alpha... even more of a shame since that would make a perfect DLC ship, more cosmetic than actual power. Maybe we can get a different version of it some day as DLC.

Dear @admin,

I know you will not answer me, you have chosen to have a connection only with a few selected, and I hope that these "elected persons" have above-average abilities, but I hope at least that you will read these considerations of mine for the good of the game.

I hope that your / our game can be successful when it is released (I hope as soon as possible), on one hand for your economic satisfaction, and on the other for my leisure and enjoyment (different motivations, identical purpose).

In order for your / our game to be successful I must, unfortunately, remind you that you have to keep your promise that this game would never be a pay to win!

I do not ask you to keep your promise for the simple fact that a promise must be kept, but I ask you to keep this promise exclusively for the sake of the game!

I tried to understand the reasons that lead you to choose a total wipe on release:

Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access

“Everyone will sail a cutter on day one  (to get to pandora or dlc ships players will have to level up)

yep you can say developers decided to let EVERYONE have a clean start on release, just like all MMO's do

“But if new players buy a new shiny game they dont want to see first rates commandeered by vets against them. I know you understand this

“We first wanted to give veterans and advantage against new players, but now we dont. we cant, keeping that promise is bad for the game, because all players must be equal on launch.

“Veterans should not have better ships and crafting ranks on day 1. Giving veterans advantage over new players at launch was a bad idea.

“Now we think that giving veterans advantage over new players on launch is a horrible idea.” 

“Stupid promise to give veterans an unfair advantage over new players retracted: Everyone starts at the same position on release (with the exception of skillbooks).”

“keep the stupid promise that stopped making sense, even if it is not good for the game….. Reset makes a lot of sense on the War server - … lets do what makes sense.

I explained my opinion in this post:

On 2/27/2019 at 12:19 PM, MassimoSud said:

Dear developers,
in my country we say "a promise is a promise, there is no excuse!".
It s not enough to add the sentence "expect the worst" to make a promise become "words in the wind" (forgive my frankness, but it is the least you can expect)
However personally I am in favor of the total wipe to release but with the exclusion of books and shipknowledges on the different ships, I'm not going to spend more time in this "boring" phase of the game.
Try to think to this "concession" as a gift for our "loyalty" to your game, I do not care for free DLc, my time is worth much more than € 15 of course.
I bought almost all the dlc (very strange considering that NA is a game in EA), I avoided "le broken" that remains a hateful ship (it's just my opinion) and the forged papers (because I feel good in the nation in which I am).
I bought these DLCs to economically support (in my small) your project, and I do not regret having bought those (at least until now), I will also buy the others (I hope there will be aesthetic and not ships) always with the same intent.
I made a positive review of your game on steam, the only review I've ever done even if I own several games besides yours, always with the intent of helping the project. It was not easy, the temptation to change it in negative has been strong on several occasions.
It's not a secret, I do not like how you treat your customers, I do not like the tone with which you address us in the forum, but also with this I can live with, because I think your game is one of the best games in my library (even with all the faults it has).

What I can not stand is that this game could be one of the best games on the market, but every now and then it seems you do something to make sure it is not!
I'll try to explain:
1. for veterans (who have invested many hours in your game): experience is a factor that certainly continues to be a reason to continue playing (experience is an advantage that you can not cancel, even with a wipe, unless you can convince us to cancel our brains). So at the release the advantage of the experience will always be there in relation to new players. What a veteran will never accept is to repeat the "boring" parts of the game (excuse me, but there are). So leave us the shipknowledges on ships and books and we will all be happy to start again in basic cutters, sure that once the rank is unlocked we will return to sail with our favorite ships as if there had never been a wipe! As I said, think of this as a recognition for our fidelity! Otherwise "expect the worst" as you love to say often in your posts.
2. for new players: it is right to have a start from scratch for everyone (at least on "paper"), but this could be true in the first two weeks maybe, then there will still be a difference between who started the first day and who arrived after. You know very well that there are players "used" to play in the same clan for months (some for years), do you think they will not continue to do so even after the release? How do you think you can prevent this? So there will always be a difference between organized and "skilled" players and new players approaching the game for the first time (another advantage for veterans I would say). Too bad you had the good idea of encouraging membership of a clan just to help new players, another good idea abandoned? What will change for new players if veterans will keep shipknowledges and books? I believe very little or nothing!

At the release we should all wish that:
1. veterans continue to play (they have always shown "loyalty" to the game, why not reward it)
2. a return of old players (recalled by veterans who are still playing)
3. a mass entry of new players (this for the sake of the game and your finances I would also say)

But if the servers will be deserted (because the veterans will decide to leave for example), there will not even be new players!
Let us remember that now the main problem of the game are the low numbers of online players !. Two or more years ago there were 2,000 players online in prime time, this was enough to "hide" the "defects" of the game itself! Now, with the small numbers that are there, everything seems a huge flaw!

Thank you for your attention and commitment in the development of your / our game!
"Ad maiora semper!"
MassimoSud

But on that date the only ships available in dlc were requin and hercules, today we also have the hermion and the rattvisan!

So what will happen on day one? We will all start at par (as explained above is not true because the experience can not be canceled!) and we will face the boring exams to arrive as soon as possible to sail with the hercules or requin (clearly for those who bought the dlcs! The others will have to work hard to get bad quality ships in OW or get materials and crafting levels in much longer time!

After a few days, for those who have time and dlcs probably already on day 2, we will  have the rank for the hermione and as soon as possible for the rattvisan! So we will have seas and PBs full of rattvisan, while the less fortunate will have ships in oak / oak or fir / fir for a long time!

So to be competitive in OW PvP and even more in RvR a player must:
have the game € 36.99 + the requin dlc € 12.49 + the hermione dlc € 24.99 + the rattvisan dlc € 33.99 + admiralty connection € 12.49 for a total of € 120.95!

Who will not be able to afford this expense will take months to try to be "competitive"! How many players do you believe will be available to make this "sacrifice"?

You promised that this game would never be a pay-to-win game, and this would be enough, but you also said that: "keep the stupid promise that stopped making sense, even if it is not good for the game … lets do what makes sense"

So please explain to me what sense now has a total wipe on release, when it is clear that for the "good of the game" you have now decided that this game will be a pay to win! "

"Ad maiora semper!"

MassimoSud

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

So to be competitive in OW PvP and even more in RvR a player must:
have the game € 36.99 + the requin dlc € 12.49 + the hermione dlc € 24.99 + the rattvisan dlc € 33.99 + admiralty connection € 12.49 for a total of € 120.95!

any nation that has a ful fleet of dlc ships will take the best ports producing the materials everyone else needs to become competitive .. =  there is no point even trying to compete after wipe unless you buy dlc

indeed pay to win

• Like 3

I don't mind DLC, and even said when first came that i forsee bigger ships in future.

However taking an available ingame ship and making a DLC (herm)  i thought was a bit wrong,  but if means more craftable ships in future and game dev then has to be I guess.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MassimoSud said:

"Ad Maiora Semper!"

MassimoSud

LOL SAYS MassimoSud who hations have 35% people PVP server who take 100+ ship skrining fleet and other i think people are divided into 2 types 1 tipe who played 2 tipe who crying to forum

its random drop forest - this kill rvr battle need forest go pb!!!

P.S.- and while everyone is waiting for a wipe, here's a picture for you without crying, politics, and DLS

1388648271_1936106706.jpg

Edited by Gringo69rus

5 minutes ago, Gringo69rus said:

LOL SAYS MassimoSud who hations have 35% people PVP server who take 100+ ship skrining fleet and other i think people are divided into 2 types 1 tipe who played 2 tipe who crying to forum

its random drop forest - this kill rvr battle need forest go pb!!!

P.S.- and while everyone is waiting for a wipe, here's a picture for you without crying, politics, and DLS

1388648271_1936106706.jpg

you kind of missed the point didnt you