Game-Labs Forum

Exciting times ahead - pre-release wipes information

3 minutes ago, admin said:

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

Will the same tutorial be there to re-do?

2 minutes ago, admin said:

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain - full xp reset will be applied on release. This decision was hard but it is best for the game. 

Only books/skill books will be recovered, as they were very hard to get. XP is easy to get if you pvp.

Ok I'm fine then. We get a redeemable ship for free for testing. So like just do some PvP as well as it makes sense to the new Players. It sounds like many Things to do like "leveling up, Level ships" and so on. But We already have a skill Advantage then we get a free ship dlc and books. We are all just too lazy to grind again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But if we're being completely open and truthful here, you might want to address the elephant in the room that we all read and understood for a very long time:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter on day one  (to get to pandora or dlc ships players will have to level up)

• Like 19

1 minute ago, admin said:

Vocal supporters will understand that the game will have to shine on release when new players come and you only have one chance to make a first impression. 

But in your case your phrase is only 50% true (and you know it)

the game has great potential, and 500k copies without advertisement is a great start, there is really no such game as this after potbs got laid down and if you make this game succeed for both casuals and hardcore players it might have a bright future

2 minutes ago, Wyy said:

the game has great potential, and 500k copies without advertisement is a great start, there is really no such game as this after potbs got laid down and if you make this game succeed for both casuals and hardcore players it might have a bright future

500k is our other game sorry.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

DLC is yours until the music stops! Tutorial ranks will not remain. 
Only books/skillbooks will be recovered

I ask humbly that you do not wipe our XP if it can be avoided. And if it cannot be avoided, and the XP must be wiped, I ask that people be given partial redeemable XP so that they don't fall completely out of the community. There are those among us who have played since January of 2016 without losing all their XP and would be greatly upset to lose it all, especially after several comments in the past which were, perhaps erroneously, interpreted as assurance that we'd not lose our rank progress. I cannot truthfully say that I'd return to the game were I to lose all my levels, at which point the "seagoing assets" become unuseable without an extreme grind. The grind was far more forgiving when we had the ability to use instant-action missions to bring the PVE XP on a friendly schedule. Today, chasing players and bots around the extremely large open world would be nearly insurmountable for those who are employed or in education. This whole thing goes without mentioning the struggle of new players who acquire the game, as I'm sure the issue is quite familiar to them.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, admin said:

People also thought asbestos was good for your house. 
Yes we said it, but the previous proposal was thought to be great (and we defended it to the end) but we now realised that it will make things worse. 
Thus = Full wipe
People on release are buying a new game. They dont give a **** about early access. The game will receive 1000x more impressions from steam on release (because they don't even rotate EA games on main page unless it is is featured). And we cannot send those new users to have non-consensual sex with veterans. Everyone will sail a cutter.

New players will get harvey weinstein'd regardless of our XP.  

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I also find the claim of "hordes of newbies" joining the game at release a bit dubious.  With the current reviews I'm not sure we'll get a flood of new players.  I would of course love to be wrong.   

Then encourage people to make positive reviews. Combat the negative reviews with positives you find about the game. Rate their negative reviews poor, and explain that the person must just be complaining about xp wipes. lol

• Like 1

Just now, van der Decken said:

Then encourage people to make positive reviews. Combat the negative reviews with positives you find about the game. Rate their negative reviews poor, and explain that the person must just be complaining about xp wipes. lol

There are no participation trophies.  If/When a good review is earned, I'm sure they'll get them.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Full XP reset?

You have repeated lots of times those XP will be safe. I can not believe this.

WE ALREADY GET SOMETHING. WHY THE hello kitty ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT EARLY ACCES?!. ITS A GOOD WAY TO GO THINK ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS THAT WILL JOIN WTF. Just stop complaing About Things which are not going the way you want it.

• Like 8

Just now, Spikes said:

Well...reviews are supposed to be truthful. I'm not going to lie.

yep you can say developers decided to let EVERYONE have a clean start on release, just like all MMO's do
new players consider this review positive even if it is negative.

• Like 7

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Just a theory, but do we get our testbed gifts for testing and then get them wiped right away? lol 

those are sail able gifts. If you can sail them they are safe for quite a while. 
First wipe will only touch economy - just like the main posts says

• Like 2

Just now, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

WE ALREADY GET SOMETHING. WHY THE hello kitty ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT EARLY ACCES?!. ITS A GOOD WAY TO GO THINK ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS THAT WILL JOIN WTF. Just stop complaing About Things which are not going the way you want it.

Think about all the new players who are already unable to get into the game because gaining XP is too difficult. We all leveled up using instant-action missions, they have to chase down traders snows to sink.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spikes said:

Well...reviews are supposed to be truthful. I'm not going to lie.

I said nothing about lies. But if people cannot find anything at all good about the game to review, then so be it..they can go play another game. If we who like this game don't combat bad reviews with our own positive reviews, then yeppers...the game will not have a horde of newbs.

• Like 2