Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Farseer

Notification spam -pls make it stahp :D

Anoytic linked a post of mine in his suggestion. It seems everytime someone likes his post I now get a new notification that he linked my post. Which I already know.

image.png.23e71161a3fb616bbdb5af3f7af738da.png

@admin @Ink Please! Make it Stahp! :lol:

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 1

You can change your own notification settings in your profile.

And the repeat notification is not because of likes to my post, but because I edited my post (typoes), and when I submit my edit it counts as another post to your notifications. This can sometimes be useful (and other times annoying). For instance if someone writes a post, and then they retroactively edits it to tag you ( @Tom Farseer ). Then even though the post was originally submitted without notifying you, the submission of the edit will trigger a notification that you were tagged.

Stopping duplicate notifications for the same action (tagging or linking content) when editing posts is probably something you would have to bring up with Invision Community, the developers of the forum software used here, it's not for Ink or Admin to solve. 

The easiest solution however, as mentioned, is to simply disable notifications for somebody linking your content.

• Like 1