Game-Labs Forum

Content - Special Nation characteristics

Im wondering, why in NA we dont have different skills or bonuses for Each nation like other games? 

Just now it doesn't matter where you are, you just play the exact same game no. Matter the flag you wear. 

Is posible to make some Ships exclusive but capturable for some nations?

For example:

GB had some armor side HP and structure HP bonus along with reload bonus.  But they cant craft some vessels, example US constitution, Locean, Santisima, and belle poul and renomee

*French had better rigg and Speed bonuses also pen bonus. 

They cant Craft Santisima, victory, indefatigable and US Constitution or essex

*Spain had damage bonus, downwind speed rig bonus and crew morale boost. 

They cant craft GB ships nor Fench ships. 

And get ridd of Non Caribbean Nations of that period like Prussians, russians and polish. 

You can had more content variety with less nations and his bonuses making the game More interesting and fun and also give it some purpose to some forgotten ships and play style (group sailing) cause in this case Fleet composition matter. 

Pirates should not had national Port and they must live in Freetowns, they can only craft up to pirate frigate and grow based on capture and plunder.  They can attack each other and cooperate with each other too. 

Dutch and Spain for example can craft Indiamans not other nation could, this way those ships are more valuable, and add a lot of interesting things into the game. 

Other thing that i think could Be great if is you rank up you captain level doing some special missions. 

For example you rank up now. To M&C doing the tutorial, but for further levels you need to do something once you reach the experience, kind of a test for each rank. So you will not see a "Rear Admiral" earned by sinkng AI in the OW, this test could be 10pvp kills? Or something like that 6 hostility orders completed, fight in a port battle

Hope we can had something like this in the near future before release. With this new changes in damage model (wich i like a lot) trading, crafting, balance between ship class. 

I think if i find this things after wipe i will stick a lot More into the game, for now i stop playing cause is pointless and you dont have anything to do but waste your precius time sailing nowhere and doing the exact same Things since 2 years. 

• Like 2

What will inevitably happen is one nation's bonus will be slightly better than another nation's bonus. This will be especially noticeable by limiting ships to certain nations.

Every player in the game needs access to the same items for balancing purposes. Ideally nations would disappear and be replaced by clans creating more content for everyone.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

What will inevitably happen is one nation's bonus will be slightly better than another nation's bonus. This will be especially noticeable by limiting ships to certain nations.

Every player in the game needs access to the same items for balancing purposes. Ideally nations would disappear and be replaced by clans creating more content for everyone.

Civil war? 

I think if we get rid of any type of upgrades, or perhaps some upgrades can be use only by a certain nation... Or something that diferenciate one to another... But mostly i will love to have a hardcore pirate nation with no national ports and outlaw fights... Also they need to have a morale boost for boarding. I think and a ship class cap, they only acces to bigger ships by capping. 

Edited by Carlos_Condell

10 hours ago, Carlos_Condell said:

not really if you can cap and maintain those bonuses

People would just create alts in the nation that has the bonuses they want so they can get access to those bonuses. It would just give people who run multiple alts a greater edge in the game.

A set of unique perks to begin with perhaps. Those would be alt abuse prove.

If we can see some sort of differentiation between major nations, minor nations and pirates, that would be a good start. Giving flavor to each and every nation is more challenging I guess.

• Like 1

I think giving a certain faction a starting bonus in a specific way could be nice but we should keep access for everyone to everything.

e.g. you have to buy certain blueprints others might have from start.

Another way to give nations a more distinct spice could be to treat them more like classes of rpgs with special traits, but give the ability to change allegiance and sail under diffetent flag while keeping your 'race'. DLC would still work as a changing class.

random thought... in terms of ship limitation by nations... 

you could Unlock (blueprint) a new ship by capturing an enemy vessel ( as a counter ingeniering) in that way you are making some ships very special and a quest for Unlock it all.
i think that would add some spice and a good reason to do PVP.
Also this could bring more randomness in Port Battles and force the people to be more skilled, battles also will be more interesting, cause not all of them would be Sink the ship...

or perhaps, Unlock ships and Knowledge By ranking up?  giving some meaning to be Real Admiral.  just thoughts

5 hours ago, Stilgar said:

A set of unique perks to begin with perhaps. Those would be alt abuse prove.

this would also nice!  Perks per nation! 

9 hours ago, Phaserburn said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Indiaman

The term is therefore used to refer to vessels belonging to the DanishDutch (Oostindiëvaarder), EnglishFrenchPortuguese, or Swedish (ostindiefarare) East India companies.”

Not British, but instead Spanish?

just naming examples... not historically accurate :P

On 2/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, Palatinose said:

Nice idea. It would be p2w via alts on another level though. Which is sad.

it is... but if we always think some sort of content and how ALT would destroy it, at the end we had nothing... i rather prefer to had content no matter is ALT would destroy it, that will happen anyway

• Like 1

While I genuinely like the idea of different characteristics for different nations, I think that limiting accessibility is not the right way to do it. 

Maybe the French/Spanish/British rig refits, but not ship types. It's just too much of a game breaker. 

Edited by van Veen

18 minutes ago, van Veen said:

While I genuinely like the idea of different characteristics for different nations, I think that limiting accessibility is not the right way to do it. 

Maybe the French/Spanish/British rig refits, but not ship types. It's just too much of a game breaker. 

so what thing could be? i actually stop playing cause im getting bored soooo damn quick now! i did all the thing that the game offer to you... i even unlock 5/5 slots in all the ships in the game... im real admiral and lvl50 crafter... but beside this also i fight PVP in NPC ships cause is more challenging, almost never hide myself behind "special elite upgrades", i even do stupid things like fight PVP fir/crew outnumbered, just to have some sort of a challenge... but now... i dont even think in play cause is nothing left to do...

for example in other threads i suggest make the NPC 4th rates capturables, that would add something with the new damage model... no matter if is fir/crew/shabby but the lack of content is noticeable and with the ammount of hours invested ( 2500+hours) the game not worth my time anymore.
im screaming for new things @admin

Edited by Carlos_Condell

I am not fond of this idea at all. For a game that is already so lacking in proper balance, this does not seem feasible without ruining nation balance completely.

They could, however, give every nation a specific refit that would only drop in the capitals and the "home ports" ( where their clan warehouse is located ) of the 3 leading RvR clans by ports owned in the nation.

The refits would have to be balanced properly and every nation would need one. We already have British, Spanish, French and Pirate refits. Dutch refit could give more hold space like banished suggested and Prussians could get "Prussian / Hessian boarders" to reflect their history of superior infantry, for example. US / American refit could give + thickness / armor to reflect their steady supply of heavy woods like quercus virginiana ( live oak ).

Every nation would still be able to use every refit, if they can get their hands on it.

Edited by Sovereign