Game-Labs Forum

Extra dockspaces for clans  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think clans should have "clan docks" ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure (please share your ideas)

This idea have been purposed many times but it is a logical, solid idea which in my opinion should be in the game already.

In any port where clan has a warehouse (see additional warehouse for clans post), there should be dockspaces for the clan.

I do not need to tell what are the benefits of this feature, it is obvious, a great quality of life feature and realistic approach.

A clan/tribe/guild in this game, is a rich estabishment, holding ports around the map, crafting SOLs, capturing towns.

So why a clan does not have a DOCKSPACE for crafted ships ? Works just like the warehouse of the clan, officers can take ships and give to others, or anybody can put a ship in.

How does it work ? At the certain port, any clan member donates some of his dock spaces to the clan dock, and a clan dock is formed. It can be 2 slots for 1 clan dock slots or different, I do not care. Clan can have dockspaces where clan has clan warehouses.

What happens, a clan will have 5-7 dock space at warehouse, speeding up ship crafting and distribution.

I do not see any negative sides but only benefits.

Please share your ideas...

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 9

I think this is a good idea, all of us at some point have had our dock spaces cluttered up with ships crafted for someone else,  clan dock spaces where the recipient can collect their new ship would help a great deal. It would work better if they were additional dock spaces for clan members, since, it would free up a players own dock spaces which often may be needed for operational ships. 

Perhaps in addition a small anchorage for larger ships as well, many first rates were often too big to get alongside in smaller ports, but, would often anchor a little way offshore yet still be under the protection of the other ships and port defences, it would have no effect on shallow water ports as they could not get close enough to anchor before grounding anyway. this too would open up dock spaces for smaller ships or create the dockside spaces for clan docks. The Nore and Spithead ( which was often the site of Naval Reviews) were often used for these reasons, no doubt Cadiz and Calais or Brest had a form of 'designated parking' for lineships and visiting ships.

• Like 2

tied to owned port only though. like 5 slot in each owned port. See it as a garrison fleet if you will.

This way there will be pvp in hostility missions and docks to defend in pb. nobody wants to loose 5 ships in docks because they chose to not be at pb.

and clans will be burning ressources to craft ship for each owned port.

Edited by RKY
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Phaserburn said:

Don’t force the space to be taken from player docks. Have it as an extremely high doubloon or reals count.

Yes, that would enable clans to purchase what they need, if they require additional space, then, there is encouragement to go out and earn the necessary reals/doubloons to expand the clan dock spaces. Effectively a sound reason to be out in OW , accepting the risks that accompany that in order to further the clan's best interests.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

No. Clans are already a huge force inside a nation, giving a dock to a clan would only decrease the reason to be in a nation in the first place.

I do not understand, it is mainly for crafting ships, where is the nation in the idea? It is crafting ships and giving them to members, made easier. 

55 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

I do not understand, it is mainly for crafting ships, where is the nation in the idea? It is crafting ships and giving them to members, made easier. 

That was related to my comment. 5 docks for owning clan of port in said port. meaning it is not tied to crafting but RVR.

Nations matter very little. Nations should only be safezone area where new players begin. Rest should be clan owned, forcing clans to fight each other to get crafting hubs and wood / mods hub. Friendly clan list would define who has access to port if the port is closed. if open, everyone can enter.

Nation only kills the game, get the most player and you are on top of server yay so interesting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RKY said:

Nations matter very little. Nations should only be safezone area where new players begin. Rest should be clan owned, forcing clans to fight each other to get crafting hubs and wood / mods hub. Friendly clan list would define who has access to port if the port is closed. if open, everyone can enter.

Nation only kills the game, get the most player and you are on top of server yay so interesting

You seem to forget, that every time your clan decides to attack a port, a lot of cannonfodder is needed, to secure the safe port battle entry.....

If not dry docks than have it where we can make notes to store in the clan warehouse for later.  Other wise we do what I done is we stack the extra ships on alts. I got prob 6 bellons sitting on my crafting char right now. I know one of our inactive clan mates has over a dozen l'oceans on his crafting alt where we built and stocked up ships.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RKY said:

That was related to my comment. 5 docks for owning clan of port in said port. meaning it is not tied to crafting but RVR.

Nation only kills the game, get the most player and you are on top of server yay so interesting.

Whether it is a Clan, or,  a Flotilla, or, Squadron, Task force, or, fleet, there is a common denominator between them, that is the Battle Ensign under which they sail and fight, usually a  variation of the National flag,  Multi-national task forces, while nominally sailing under their own National Ensigns also fly the NATO/SEATO flags. I am sure a Russian will correct me, but, I think, during the Soviet Union era, their fleets, when working alongside other 'WarPac' nations may also of had a similar flag to NATO.

Also many European Nations have long histories of enmity, Centuries of fighting each other is a difficult 'prejudice' to overcome, it is understandable that many would be happy fighting under 19th century French/ Spanish or British colours, not because they particularly dislike the old enemies, (although there will always be some who may) but, more because it has 'always been so', the glory days of the old world are something a lot people enjoy, and, whether it be a war game set in the Napoleonic era or 20th Century, given a choice, many,  would prefer  to fight under their own nations colours, or those of an ally. Those who do not are not necessarily against their own nations, they may simply have there own reasons for doing so, just as those who join organisations like the French Foreign Legion often have.

1 hour ago, Fillip de Travesay said:

I think this suggestion was already suggested .

Which is very normal, as it feels like a very natural feature. 

Hope @admin looks into it.

Some single player minded captains, will not like the idea, like it is extra dockspace for clan players. That is why I purposed donating dockspace from player to the clan. So nobody is favoured, but realistic approach clans crafting SOLs should have dockspace as they are rich and strong. 

Aside from donating dockspace, it can also require reals and dubloons for building clan docks.