Game-Labs Forum

Have you finalised or thought about how DLC paints will work? Will it be something like the current DLCs where you pay once and redeem repeatidly or are you considering a "pack" method. Where you buy a pack of say 5 single use paint for 2 euro for example. 

OR 

Will you be selling paint chests via DLC?

11 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Where you buy a pack of say 5 single use paint for 2 euro for example.

That method helps some mmo games to survive quite well, as swtor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

That method helps some mmo games to survive quite well, as swtor.

I personally wouldn't hate the method, I just wonder how much work it would take to implement it with the current DLC system the devs have in place

If I were them I would release the paints DLC as soon as possible as Im confident that it will help a lot to fund the development (and perhaps hire another guy for more content/graphical upgrade/whatever).

Yeah I think cosmetics make a big part of this game as the aesthetic can be critical too. I would prefer a sort of pay for the whole rate style of DLC for paint. So you get all the paints for a particular rate or all paints for  all rates for the combined price. 

Let's says $3 per rate. 7 rates in total, that's $21 total. If you drop it to %18 dollars it's still a net profit as who really sails around in 7th and 6th rates anyway. 

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

If I were them I would release the paints DLC as soon as possible as Im confident that it will help a lot to fund the development (and perhaps hire another guy for more content/graphical upgrade/whatever).

I have about 250 in chars (5 chars) and about 250 in DLC's.  They have had plenty to hire a new guy a long time ago when they dropped the DLC and get things done or get some one on there team to help out from one of the other projects that isn't in EA.

in all fairness I do not understand why content that was developed 2 years ago will become DLC. How will it work? In order to get a paint you pay 5 euros or you farm ai for how many hours?

• Like 1

Single use items would be like introducing monetisation if tradable. And 5 single use items for 2€? I would not pay that much, regarding the price of a dlc ship. Plus single use items costing $$ will not favor pvp and simply sits in dock or capitals, if not super cheap... Maybe make it 2-5$ for a specific paint as a permanent redeemable item (like one rouge noir - Constitution item per day)

Honnestly paints should be craftables or simply crafting options available for all. Paying for cosmetics & all in a free to play game i understand, but in a game i bought at full price, and not yet released, i'm doubtfull.

• Like 2

Paint schemes shouldn't be a DLC, neither should ships, that's just ripping money from the community. The game is already really expensive (In my country atleast) and I already bought 2 DLCs (Forge and Flags), which was also expensive and flags shouldn't also be a DLC, but whatever.

Paint schemes should be available at the crafting window where you could select what color you want for the ship you're building. Flags should've been available at the Admiralty (Red Squadron, Blue Squadron, White Squadron, EIC Flags...etc).

But if we ever get a DLC for paints, it should be one-type redeemable and you're set to use all of them, similar to the flags.

Same goes for flags, each nation have atleast 3 types of flags that were used at that time. Warship ensigns, Merchant ensigns and Royal Standards (If I'm not mistaken). Same goes for pendants and small flags, but we still don't have the ability to change those. Only main flags are changeable.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

Paint schemes shouldn't be a DLC, neither should ships, that's just ripping money from the community. The game is already really expensive (In my country atleast) and I already bought 2 DLCs (Forge and Flags), which was also expensive and flags shouldn't also be a DLC, but whatever.

Paint schemes should be available at the crafting window where you could select what color you want for the ship you're building. Flags should've been available at the Admiralty (Red Squadron, Blue Squadron, White Squadron, EIC Flags...etc).

But if we ever get a DLC for paints, it should be one-type redeemable and you're set to use all of them, similar to the flags.

Same goes for flags, each nation have atleast 3 types of flags that were used at that time. Warship ensigns, Merchant ensigns and Royal Standards (If I'm not mistaken). Same goes for pendants and small flags, but we still don't have the ability to change those. Only main flags are changeable.

Paints ARE in game, paint DLC (unless they have exclusive paints) would just provide a means of by passing the amount of PvE we are forced to do already if we want to get anything like that

funny how everything in the game will eventually be a DLC instead of a reward. IMO the flag dlc should never have been implemented and should have been used as a reward for actually doing something in the game.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wyy said:

funny how everything in the game will eventually be a DLC instead of a reward. IMO the flag dlc should never have been implemented and should have been used as a reward for actually doing something in the game.

it still can be, nothing stopping the developers from adding new flags for in game achievements, or using the ones we have as unlockables, same with ships, paints, anything really.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:19 AM, Slim McSauce said:

it still can be, nothing stopping the developers from adding new flags for in game achievements, or using the ones we have as unlockables, same with ships, paints, anything really.

True, if you have to unlock flags by doing things or have a unique flag unlocked only for you in the Nation or on the server that would still work i guess

On 2/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Plus single use items costing $$ will not favor pvp and simply sits in dock or capitals, if not super cheap

Pretty much this. I wouldn't spend cash on something that I could lose so easily with my ship, as a matter of principle. I'd rather see paints as DLC slot unlocks for 10$ each and if they add some really sick looking ones maybe 15$. That being said most of the old paints should be free or rather 5$ maximum.