Game-Labs Forum

Mail Packets - Delivery missions

I really like the passenger missions on testbed. But one crucial part is missing. Mail Packets! Information was/is crucial and with the removal of the trader tool I see huge potential for it.

Suggestion:

Players can accept mail packets - missions. Those missions have a shorter duration than passenger mission to fullfil them. Reward is ofc reals/dbs and informations of contracts / buy sell prices of items and stock count. So actual informations that the tradertool was offering.

How data could look like:

• Like the ship spotted notes
  • Or additional infos that get added to the player map and get deleted every server reset ( port info window)

But why not visite the ports yourself?

• A mission grants infos for whole region.
  • Data is not real time. Its a picture of the moment as mission gets accepted. But doing a missions saves time (1 sail for whole region)
Edited by z4ys
  • Like 9

Perhaps information from ports could be retained by a player,  so when we look at the map we see the quantities and prices that were available at the last visit.  Other MMOs do this with third party applications.  Currently a NA 3rd party app shows only snapshot of the prices and quantities available at maintenance.

We could integrate your suggestion and see the information for a region if we successfully complete enough mail deliveries. 

Also we could hail a passing ship and exchange information.   Not sure if the player base is patient enough to allow a game mechanic that required sailing close together  to allow the exchange of the packet.  Personally I would like to be able to hail a player and then have to sail closely along side to swap trade details of ports visited.  Players could refuse to share.  NPCs would be obligated.  Traders would have complete info, warships limited to items related to fighting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Phaserburn said:

... which is only refreshed by a visit to that port. It just adds an extra time sink to a very heavy time sink game.

Real time info would just be wrong and my suggestions has actual the best infos ever presented in NA (beside api data after server reset and port visite). One mission - one sail for the info of a whole region that is actual time saving.

3 hours ago, z4ys said:

I really like the passenger missions on testbed. But one crucial part is missing. Mail Packets! Information was/is crucial and with the removal of the trader tool I see huge potential for it.

Suggestion:

Players can accept mail packets - missions. Those missions have a shorter duration than passenger mission to fullfil them. Reward is ofc reals/dbs and informations of contracts / buy sell prices of items and stock count. So actual informations that the tradertool was offering.

How data could look like:

• Like the ship spotted notes
  • Or additional infos that get added to the player map and get deleted every server reset ( port info window)

But why not visite the ports yourself?

• A mission grants infos for whole region.
  • Data is not real time. Its a picture of the moment as mission gets accepted. But doing a missions saves time (1 sail for whole region)

Good idea.

• Like 1