Game-Labs Forum

Using Doubloons to remove upgrades

Just a quick suggestion, see what others think, What if you where able to use doubloons to remove a upgrade from a ship. classic example where you cap a ship and its not the best build, but someone decided to throw a naval clock on it or some other thing. I think it would be a great idea to implement a system like that. 

• Like 8

If you want a mod back...

1. Just take your ship in fleet ( before remove all other mods you dont want)
  2. sail out.
  3. Attack a trader (or any other npc)
  4. Tell your fleetship to stop
  5. get close
  6. press [x] and sink it
  7. Access hold take dbs and the mod out
  8. leave battle
  9. get insurance

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

So make permanent upgrades non pemanent ?

giphy.gif

But this is where permanent upgrades should be better categorized. A Bow Figure, Hammocks, Sails, etc for example are easily removed and therefore should not be considered permanent. Heck, even Copper Plating can be removed.
I think things that are actually removable without damaging a ships design and structure integrity should be removable....however...some things like copper plating, extra plankings, etc should give us only parts of the resources to rebuild them. We should go through the entire list and deem which of them to be removable and which would return only parts.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, z4ys said:

If you want a mod back...

1. Just take your ship in fleet ( before remove all other mods you dont want)
  2. sail out.
  3. Attack a trader (or any other npc)
  4. Tell your fleetship to stop
  5. get close
  6. press [x] and sink it
  7. Access hold take dbs and the mod out
  8. leave battle
  9. get insurance

I hope they fix it (after I get the naval clock from my Hercules ;))

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuchsTheLynx said:

Just a quick suggestion, see what others think, What if you where able to use doubloons to remove a upgrade from a ship. classic example where you cap a ship and its not the best build, but someone decided to throw a naval clock on it or some other thing. I think it would be a great idea to implement a system like that. 

I don't like it.

11 hours ago, Wraith said:

RIP mod market.

tbh the mods should never be more valuable then the ships, considering the insurance dont work that well just because of the redicilous prices on the mods, i dont really see this as a bad idea

Edited by Guest

In a game that is far too dependent on certain upgrades, we should be able to reuse them... and yes the ship should be worth a whole lot more than the upgrade... far more material goes into a ship than the upgrades anyway.... unless you would consider time as material of course.

I am in favor of such a scheme to allow the demounting of upgrades at the cost of dabloons.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

The prices of the mods are our doing. :) 

The more we decide they are worth - by the price we agree to pay - the more we think they are worth.

Good arguments pro and against the suggestion.

In my point of view, the Modules ( non crew related ) should be part of the crafting options and not separate "tokens".

That way the value is the entire ship and all Crew related "refitting" would be Knowledge slots.

• Like 3

be even less reason to fight over ports that contain wanted items , i see that as a bad thing

the idea that people will just fight for fightings  sake, is fanciful

we need more reasons to go out and fight over territory, trade or whatever .. not less

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

be even less reason to fight over ports that contain wanted items , i see that as a bad thing

the idea that people will just fight for fightings  sake, is fanciful

we need more reasons to go out and fight over territory, trade or whatever .. not less

clan ranking, rewards for most ports, raids etcs and rewards for actually capping and not just production should be the drive to do rvr

2 hours ago, Hethwill said:

The prices of the mods are our doing. :) 

The more we decide they are worth - by the price we agree to pay - the more we think they are worth.

Good arguments pro and against the suggestion.

In my point of view, the Modules ( non crew related ) should be part of the crafting options and not separate "tokens".

That way the value is the entire ship and all Crew related "refitting" would be Knowledge slots.

How very capitalist of you , Heth.   

I hope they increase crafting dubloon amounts to much higher levels, so that piling up dubloons is used for something. A way to fill the OW with 5th rates and below, as histrorical as possible :) , controlling SOL numbers.

I am sure dubloon rate is controlled by developers (or it should be), to maintain "1 dubloons" is AROUND "39" reals historical rate. So when game is released and more players online, it will not be easy to find dubloons as it is now.

Edited by AeRoTR