Game-Labs Forum

Mission Rewards ( whatever type of mission )

I do not have an idea of how this might be code wise, difficult to put in or not at this stage, but;

- Mission Rewards to be broke down, by player choice upon completion and action of Claim Reward, in:

Doubloons -or- Reals

- listed in the mission details as:

Reward

1000 Doubloons -or- 32000 Reals

-------------------------------------

Player would have a Claim Reward screen with the type of currency choice.

• Like 12

This or:

The alternative would be a NPC trader exchanging dublons to reals and vice versa. I have seen this in other games w paralell currencies. The traders exchange rate would adjust to the market, like a stock exchange. If players demand more reales, than the price would rise.

Whatever is easier to code, it would be much appreciated by players.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

This or:

The alternative would be a NPC trader exchanging dublons to reals and vice versa. I have seen this in other games w paralell currencies. The traders exchange rate would adjust to the market, like a stock exchange. If players demand more reales, than the price would rise.

Whatever is easier to code, it would be much appreciated by players.

Are make it you can put contracts up for things to be bought in either reals or doubloons.  The only thing that can buy with doubloons is reals.  What if I want to sale a ship for doubloons instead of reals?   The only reason I bring this up is cause folks don't sale as much doubloons on the market as I think is needed.    I also noticed on test I was getting way more reals for kills so hopefully they bump up the reals rewards in the next patch.  I'm more having a problem getting reals these days than Doubloons just to fund my every day stuff.

I'll use an exmaple of the main thing I would sale for Doubloons.  MY victory marks that I"m sitting on about 150 of and I have stacks of permits all ready for SOL's so I don't really need them for that.  Right now all I can do is sale them for reals and than buy the Doubloons and I would loose money on that deal when I could just sale them directly for doubloons.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

I understand the motivation here but this completely breaks the intent of the dual currency economy doesn't it?  I still fail to understand why we even bother with doubloons but if they are to work even half way as intended then the exchange rate must be player-driven otherwise there's truly no point to them.

And with the return of a third currency (some type of PvP rewards system) I'd argue for the removal of doubloons entirely.

Reward doesn't need to have a fix exchange ratio.

Example: mission gives 10dbs but 1000 reals.

Next mission 1000 dbs or 100 reals.

This way exchange ratio isn't fix and can still be player driven. But it would still be a good addition for people that would rather have reals than dbs.

Edited by z4ys

Having 2 monetary currencies is broken mechanic in a computer game. There should be only 1 monetary currency: gold. On top of this there could be an additional currency: renown (or reputation). 

1. gold is used to buy stuff. Gold is transportable item and should be transported in hold to get it from A to B. Gold is used to pay goods, can be earned and captured from hold of ships. Traders might have large sums of gold, warships only some pocket money and treasure fleet ships have it all. Besides that, there should be no monetary reward (gold payment) for sinking ships. 

2. renown is not transportable, it sticks to your character (goes into chest directly). Renown is granted for sinking enemy ships, RVR activities etc. Renown is the currency you need with the admiralty for permits, upgrades etc.