Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nelson Hornblower

NPC's Hunting Spots - PvP Server

Given some of the discussion around the lack of NPCs or lack of single NPCs to fight in the OW, maybe those of us who enjoy the solo part with  engagement with NPCs can share some good hunting spots, which may lead into some PvP as well!

For me, I've found ships in and around Jobe on Florida's coast to be decent, thought it's many fleets (grr) but a few traders and a few 4-6th rates. Also, out by Tumbado, you can find single 1st rates sailing around! 

Anyone else have good hunting spots?

48 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

Given some of the discussion around the lack of NPCs or lack of single NPCs to fight in the OW, maybe those of us who enjoy the solo part with  engagement with NPCs can share some good hunting spots, which may lead into some PvP as well!

For me, I've found ships in and around Jobe on Florida's coast to be decent, thought it's many fleets (grr) but a few traders and a few 4-6th rates. Also, out by Tumbado, you can find single 1st rates sailing around! 

Anyone else have good hunting spots?

Please go after AI outside of Key West. VCO will keep it stocked with repairs and we only hunt players who are after NPCs in a sustainable fashion. :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

good hunting spots

Windward and Leeward Islands

Windward passage

Cartagena / Santa Marta coastline

East and West stretches operating out of La Mona

the entire Bahamas

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Cartagena / Santa Marta coastline

I went down there in the autumn and found few NPC.  Some of the AI sail directly out from the ports and u-turn far out at sea, making them hard to find when following the coast.

Isla de Pinos was always good in the past, as well as on Testbed

Biloxi/Mobile area

Lago+Gulfo de Maracaibo, before it became infested with potatoes floating in a puddle of vodka

Trinidad & Tobago

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

Refreshing to see a such helpful posts.  This type of player interaction makes MMOs - Openworld environments great.

"infested with potatoes" hahaha +10 

I have noticed that there are very few (or none) NPCs in zones where the Brits have full control.  I almost never see non-Brit NPCs on the South Coast of Jamaica, and it makes sense, why would foreign ships hang about in enemy controled  waters.   I see lots of Brit NPCs there.  On the North coast of Jamaica there are more Non-Brit NPCs, but not alot, and they seem to be traveling directly North/South to or from Cuba.

For lots of NPC from various nations look for collections of closely placed ports with variable national ownership.

Also I suspect that ports with richer economies will be frequented by more NPCs, and know they have higher Player traffic

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1