Game-Labs Forum

Best ships for solo hunter

dc1962

Question

Gents: I'm a solo hunter of average ability. I enjoy preying on weaker PVP or equal  npc ships.  I've used a number of different ships, but wanted to get input as to  the best Solo hunter ship, especially a frigate?  Before the Hercules was so prevalent, the forum used to discuss the Surprise or Renominee. I've  used the Hercules as its easy to replace, but I'd like some others opinions and views. I tend to need a very fast ship and build mine out of fir. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Teak Endymion is probably your safest bet. Trincos are also quite good but you need to be very careful since you lack stern chasers. I would recommend surprises if they didn't have terrible masts. Avoid Fir ships when you can because your crew will be wrecked especially when you face carro frigates. Just keep in mine that once you change to the large frigates you will start to have to think more ahead and predict your enemies moves too. 

• Like 3

Depends on what you are looking to hunt. I tend to use the Prince with a Mahogany/Mahogany build. Enough supplies for two extensive damage battles and a setup geared towards reducing repair cool-down, reload time, and able to increase speed to 14.3+ kn. I am limited on what I can target. I can take on any 7th and 6th rate excluding the Herc and Requin because of their ability to closely match my turn rate and speed along with out gunning me. Any trade ship which are always juicy targets. A 5th rate as long as it isnt a Endymion which tend to be able to match your advantages in speed and turn rate. Biggest advantage is it is cheap to replace. 

What Hachi states about the Endymion too is correct. If you want to see some great Trinc gameplay I do suggest watching Hachi here or at times Moscalb will sail one around. Obviously there are more than that who sail those when hunting but they are just two names that quickly come to mind. 

10 hours ago, Velhelm Von Marrius said:

What Hachi states about the Endymion too is correct. If you want to see some great Trinc gameplay I do suggest watching Hachi here or at times Moscalb will sail one around. Obviously there are more than that who sail those when hunting but they are just two names that quickly come to mind

I personally would recommend people watch what I do and do the exact opposite.