Game-Labs Forum

CSA units rout into enemy

GetMedieval88

Day 2, single player, I get the Texas Brigade up onto Big Round Top. After a while, they rout... and rather than falling back to CSA lines, decide to head North, through the entire Union Army, taking about 70% casualties. 

Later, Law's, also on Big Round Top, decides to rout all the way through Union-occupied Devil's Den before finally making it, seemingly accidentally, back into Confederate lines.

What's going on? Obviously no real soldiers would rout *towards* the enemy. Nor can I think of any gameplay reason for this behavior. Is this a known bug? Is it going to be fixed soon? 

Also, while we're talking... do units on hilltops have more trouble shooting units below them than the units below them have hitting them? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2019 at 7:11 AM, Hawkwood said:

On 2/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, GetMedieval88 said:

Day 2, single player, I get the Texas Brigade up onto Big Round Top. After a while, they rout... and rather than falling back to CSA lines, decide to head North, through the entire Union Army, taking about 70% casualties. 

Later, Law's, also on Big Round Top, decides to rout all the way through Union-occupied Devil's Den before finally making it, seemingly accidentally, back into Confederate lines.

What's going on? Obviously no real soldiers would rout *towards* the enemy. Nor can I think of any gameplay reason for this behavior. Is this a known bug? Is it going to be fixed soon? 

Also, while we're talking... do units on hilltops have more trouble shooting units below them than the units below them have hitting them? 

Days 2 ,your Texas Brigade was most likely taking heavy artillery Barrages ,and,with the whole union Batteries raining fire on you, your Brigade ,collapsed...but they most likely were given orders to move forward 

As for units on the mountains,cover and holding a position will help keep the unit more stable , and the more the better because they cover flanks ,and can reign fire on the enemy below. it is the best option for Pivoting a battlefield because you simply cannot have an effective charge on a mountainside and you can bring reserves in behind them for a real charge on their ground.