Game-Labs Forum

Doubloonaporting

Doublydoos ought to have an option to send them between outposts without having to load up your money chest and move then pull out 10, go back, load up again etc.

My idea: doubs moving between ports (for a cost)

*Function* Right click on doubs in warehouse, have option "Send doubs to outpost". where you get a "how many" text box.

Then there will be a screen like the teleport screen for outposts normally and towing.
If it's under 10k it'll charge you doubs according to your rank (as teleporting is usually) and check if there is room in the other outpost.

For each 10k you want to send at once, you are charged the 10 doubs it'd usually cost to teleport between ports.

Idk how this will work since I'm not sure how to game handles opening multiple warehouses in different outposts at once. I presume it'll work similar to how the tow to port function works. 

I hate having to teleport four times to move 30k doubs and in the end only have 29,960 doubs at the other end. 

Thanks for your considerable admiration.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

or remove ability to put dubs in moneychest :)

So if I get you right. I have to sail Dbl out to any outpost I teleport to and from. Actually a good Idea. The same could be done with upgrades and real. Maybe even use this idea ik RvR, so you have to sail real out to all the ports you hold, unless ofc they make a profit. 

Think you have something there worth looking in to.

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

I distinctly remember this being the original intention.

It's hardcore and I can see a problem at least from my perspective.  I win a battle away from home and get 1000 doubloons.  Right now I can pull into any open port and upload them to my chest.  Don't need an outpost for that.  Take away the chest and that means players must take their booty all the way back to an outpost or even their main base.  I think that is too much reality.

• Like 1

Well when you have monetary realism, but are still limited by outposts in an unrealistic manner then yes it doesn't work. Cherrypicking doesn't tend to work when it comes to reality. It would actually make sense to not sail too far from home, and build up resources in outer territories but instead we only have room for capitals and freeports to station from. Maybe then natural fronts would be established.

Edited by Slim McSauce

9 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's hardcore and I can see a problem at least from my perspective.  I win a battle away from home and get 1000 doubloons.  Right now I can pull into any open port and upload them to my chest.  Don't need an outpost for that.  Take away the chest and that means players must take their booty all the way back to an outpost or even their main base.  I think that is too much reality.

That is why that side the extreme option was shot down when it was first brought up.  Other wise just leave your stockpile at home some where.  OP you pay a few to move your doubloons all ready as you mention the teleport cost.  Which is honestly what it is.   On testbed I was making so much doubloons off those delivery missions I had my chest full and about 20K on my ship.  While the rewards where vamped up I can see this being some interesting thing for folks that spend there time at sea hunting enemy waters. When some one finally gets them they could get a very big pay out if the person was being to greedy and not going back to put the doubloons away in safe storage.  I think I'm going to start running with a mostly empty chest myself while keepding the doubloons back where the clan warehouse is.  Speaking of things that now @admin allow us to store Doubloons in the clan warehouse like we can reals for the clan.

• Like 1

I could be wrong here, but I feel like all OP was asking for was a more streamlined way to do what can already do right now, so less clicks and time are wasted, which is something that seems entirely reasonable to me. Quality of life features are rarely a bad idea.

I'm also pretty sure that his intent wasn't to start off-topic discussions about the patently stupid, anti-fun idea of not allowing any amount of dubs in the captain's chest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, greybuscat said:

I could be wrong here, but I feel like all OP was asking for was a more streamlined way to do what can already do right now, so less clicks and time are wasted, which is something that seems entirely reasonable to me. Quality of life features are rarely a bad idea.

I'm also pretty sure that his intent wasn't to start off-topic discussions about the patently stupid, anti-fun idea of not allowing any amount of dubs in the captain's chest.

Inciting discussion only serves to further streamline the idea.

I don't mind the removal of money chests idea. Teleporting ought to be free or not exist at all. Doubs for teleports doesn't stop anyone from teleporting more or less often. It's purpose baffles me. 

Orrrrr you can just put more doubloons in your chest. Increase the stack count from 10,000 to 99,999...

"putting more in the money chest" is the issue i'm trying to get around. if there was to be a movable currency that has a higher and higher limit when the limit's purpose makes no sense already then you'd may as well remove the limit. 

I like the idea of having a mint to convert doubs into notes and that be able to move around in a money chest. A sort of preventative measure from putting 8k doubs from PvP/traderloot in your money chest easily. That way you can only do it near your outposts and there is far more PvP potential to gain doubs from frontier PvP fights.

don't see any reason to not have more room in chest but there's certainly no real drawbacks. Everyone has access to free ports or safe zone ports both of which cannot be capped. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing the tp fee go away but the chest itself is quite handy if you craft in Bermuda ;)

Edited by Potemkin

Currencies are broken right now in my point of view. I am fine with 2 currencies, but 

1. there should be one monetary currency only (call it gold, reals, doubloons, whatever...). Money is transportable and must be transported in hold. There should be no monetary reward for sinking ships. After all, who'd pay you for destroying a vessel? You can plunder gold in hold of ships though. 

2. instead of a second monetary currency, there should be a "reputation" currency. Reputation cannot be transported, it is in the chest only. Reputation sticks to your character, not to your ship or warehouse, it cannot be stolen from you. Reputation is awarded for RVR activities, for sinking enemy ships, accomplishing missions etc. You need reputation to "pay" admiralty for permits, upgrades etc.