Game-Labs Forum
rediii

NA Open world Meta unlimited jointimer

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Easiest fix would be increase invisibility and speedboost to where it is actually useful - perhaps 1 minute - while ALSO increasing the "you cannot attack timer" to about 5 or more minutes. Can still get attacked though.

Would that surgestion not completely destroy any hope of a homeguard to go out hunt a player that have attacked a player. To me it sounds like a free get away card if you win your fight. 

I am fine if thats what ppl want, I just woundre if there might be a downside to. Maybe nobody anymore are going to even try help new players, because it will be a hopeless case. But if thats what it takes to silence this debat go ahead.

Personally the idea to me atleast sounds to only benefits the top players, the new and casual players will be the one to pay the Bill. 

Edited by staun
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, staun said:

Would that surgestion not completely destroy any hope of a homeguard to go out hunt a player that have attacked a player. To me it sounds like a free get away card if you win your fight. 

I am fine if thats what ppl want, I just woundre if there might be a downside to. Maybe nobody anymore are going to even try help new players, because it will be a hopeless case. But if thats what it takes to silence this debat go ahead.

Personally the idea to me atleast sounds to only benefits the top players, the new and casual players will be the one to pay the Bill. 

Homeguard outside the Rzone?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, staun said:

Do you think new players will learn doing revenge fleet and overkill battles?

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

Homeguard outside the Rzone?

Yep. 

To my knowledge the fewest nation have a Rzone, that covers there basic need for crafting ships inside the Rzone.  

We want a game where ppl leave the R zone., even if they do PvE. (Patch 27). If we take your idea. I think it is a free get away card. But time will show if I am right. 

lets take the danish nation(The one I know best). Only Christiansted and Frederiksted is in R zone.  Where do I think a homeguard should help defend. Well it would be in an squar from Frederiksted and Passaje to the west and to Roadtown and tip Christian island to the east. Thats where new players play. If you get  1 min invisibility and speed buff, it simply dosen't make sense to even try go out and hunt that player. 

Personally I don't care about the reinforcement zone. I managed without it when I started. I don't care if the game will keep getting easier, for those players that go out and do PvP. I do think there might be a downside ppl don't think about, when we keep asking for shifting the balance to the "elite", that goes both in PvP as un RvR.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RKY said:

Do you think new players will learn doing revenge fleet and overkill battles?

Not quiet sure what your question is. Think they will, if somebody organize them. But if your question is, if they learn something from them.  Yes and no must be the answer. But not sure the home defence fleet is about learning as much as ppl have a place, where they can be rater safe.

Do I think the game gets more Pvp and more players if we turn it in to an game based on egual ship/BR, where the winner after each fight easy can sail away. No I don't. The reason is that skill matters. I do undstand the romatic of it.

Just look on how players play the game now. You tell me they will change there behavior, if we get even Br and free escape. What happens is the "Elite" will have fun all day, the casual and new guys, well my guess they will have less. So you think they will stick around?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rediii said:

Interested in @admin oppinion on this. How does a circle of death solve anything? How would evening out BR's solve anything?

1st Battle

image.thumb.png.08b0f454c68357dba9f1867c993153ef.png

~5 Minutes pass. That should be this range?

image.png.a09b9623c11310b2f5af0a677d967cc0.png

2nd battle, same place. After around 16 min the 3rd battle happens at the same place

image.thumb.png.961f0fcde1de4df5000a4201f1e17e25.pngimage.thumb.png.2081b3d5d8b800f147e6847900d21fc6.pngimage.png.a6986aad9c8d9966a55526ec07e2f32d.png Thats a nice 16 minutes jointimer of a battle.

It would mean that people can join your side, because you have less BR than enemy, and these pesky Fir/Fir Endymions wouldn´t be able to leave battle, and tag you with single shots, keeping you in battle?

Or am i understanding this completely wrong?

• Like 1

Rediii do you really think you would have got a fair fight with 2 ships during a pb screen?

That's as stupid as expecting Spaniards to read your mind.

• Like 4

IMO it would be fixed with a longer invis timer. Speed could be the same amount of timeso people wouldnt abuse it for travel, but the invis timer could be a few more mins, however, if you attack a ship in R zone you get the old invis timer, if you enter enemy R zone while invis the invis drops.

This would let ships that escape battle actually escape the OW engagement, because the battle would happen 20, 40 mins or even 1 hour away and then the stupid revenge ganking or even griefing would stop.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wyy said:

IMO it would be fixed with a longer invis timer. Speed could be the same amount of timeso people wouldnt abuse it for travel, but the invis timer could be a few more mins, however, if you attack a ship in R zone you get the old invis timer, if you enter enemy R zone while invis the invis drops.

This would let ships that escape battle actually escape the OW engagement, because the battle would happen 20, 40 mins or even 1 hour away and then the stupid revenge ganking or even griefing would stop.

Few more min. Would that in your opinion not be the same as a 100 % secure escape ?

Am I to understand your idea, so you can attack a target while invisible, as long as it dosen’t happend in the R zone?

What do you think the concequences for casual and new players will be, if hunter(witch often is better players), can leave with no risk?

How does your sugestion prevent a player to be kept in battle for 1h30 m?

What would prevent me from tagging an AI ore an alt to go invisible to hunt players?

How will hide in battle in regard to avoid screening be affected, ore hide the screening fleet, so the attacker don’tknow there is one be affected?

Edited by staun

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Rediii do you really think you would have got a fair fight with 2 ships during a pb screen?

That's as stupid as expecting Spaniards to read your mind.

I have no problem getting ganked. I have a problem however if I get ganked because I was hold in battle for 16 minutes.

It is poor gameplay, it leads to people quitting the game. If I think a mechanic is very badly working I post it in a thread. Also admin said several times people that tag should fight in it.

We both sailed shit ships expecting to die to a gank

• Like 1

Well I guess this is the same that happened weeks ago when Spain flipped Nassau and Little Harbour in 1st rates and some shitty Requin tagged a 1st rate, delaying the whole fleet until you arrived with your 1st rates too.

Same shit, different toilet.

You had 0 problems with that uh?

• Like 5

The only solution is to give people the possibility to return into port after battle by teleport (excluded only those ships batteling in enemy reinforcementzones). There are players who have to go to work or have duties in real live and can not afford to spend hours after hours to get ganked again and again only because we have F11 and two different clocks running, one in the battle and one on OW. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rediii said:

tagging without any intention of fighting, 1st and 2nd tab screenshots. You'r welcome

Hm. Watching the full video leaves me with a different impression. Everyone sure wanted a fight. But a fight they could win. 

Tagging and running when you cannot win is a valid tactic in my point of view.  

It's not like anyone kept you in battle for 90 minutes just to troll you. They kept you in battle to assemble the gank fleet.  

I understand your frustration, but I am not convinced this is tribunal worthy. 

• Like 4

To help stop abuse ganking, anytime the battle rating is more than 25% above the defender, the winner should not receive any experience, reals, captured ships, (they get to keep cargo)., it should almost be  wash for them. The loser though gains 5x times the insurance money, plus experience. You have to remove the incentive for ganking, because 5 guys gaining up on 1 or 2 ships, if they attack, they receive nothing in the end and while the loser lost a ship, he is rewarded in reals to quickly buy a new one. 

2 hours ago, staun said:

Few more min. Would that in your opinion not be the same as a 100 % secure escape ? Whats the point chasing a target you cant catch in battle again? Calling your other friends to gank it like rediii pointed out?

Am I to understand your idea, so you can attack a target while invisible, as long as it dosen’t happend in the R zone? Would still have the 60 sec attack cooldown after invis runs out

What do you think the concequences for casual and new players will be, if hunter(witch often is better players), can leave with no risk? If a battle happens 1 hour away from your allies, be it you're the hunter or target, is it fair that is sits 5 other ships on the outside ready to gank you because you couldnt catch him during that battle?

How does your suggestion prevent a player to be kept in battle for 1h30 m? You cant, but atleast you can logout after the battle

What would prevent me from tagging an AI ore an alt to go invisible to hunt players? Cant attack for 1 min after the invis is over

How will hide in battle in regard to avoid screening be affected, ore hide the screening fleet, so the attacker don’tknow there is one be affected? Same as today, cant enter PB for 90 seconds after invis is over. Which is MORE then enough time for the screening fleet to tag the pb fleet

Edited by Wyy

16 minutes ago, Wyy said:

So to the first question. You are fine with 100 % free get away card.

Question 3 is most time actually right out the R zone. And  you didn’t actually answer the Question. What I think is lots of player will sail fir fir speedboats. Kill traders and noobs. And nobody will be able to stop them. If they get in trouble, they would make a defensive tag and Wupti you will never catch them. So what worse kill off casuals and new player daily ore some top player a couple of time gets annoid. I am fine if we work to shift more for the elite, but plz Call it what it is.

Question 4 so your solution actually do not solve griefing, just makes it safer to go out hunt. Thats a valid goal.

Edited by staun

44 minutes ago, staun said:

So to the first question. You are fine with 100 % free get away card.

Question 3 is most time actually right out the R zone. And  you didn’t actually answer the question. 

Question 4 so your solution actually do not solve griefing, just makes it safer to go out hunt. Thats a valid goal.

If you escape, you escape, its not like if you get demasted, the lineship escapes you repair sails back to 100% in 1 click and sail back and do it all over again.

the new players and casuals would die anyway, i agree the hunter would get away but maybe people would get better instead of ganking 10v1 and celebrating over it.

turn it around and say you are in a indiaman getting tagged by a prince, the prince cant kill you but he calls his friends with hercules that shows up after 1h 30 mins and gets the player. From a casual point of view, is that fair?

Adding to all this that the invis timer would only count for the side that gets tagged so say you are the hunter. Lets say you get 3 min invis timer

1. You're in the frigate, you get tagged by the enemy frigate and have a 1v1.

2. You leave the battle with the 3 min invis timer, but you see a enemy player in a trader ship and want to kill it because you have no repairs to fight a warship.

3. You disable the invis (60 sec attack cd timer procs) the guy in the traders ship sees you and tries to call for help giving location etc.

4. You kill the trader, knowing you only have the old timer now and leave

5. 4 enemy players waits outside, they tag you with no repairs left.

6. You manage somehow to escape and since you got tag you now have the 3 min invis timer, you can either logout at the same spot, or you can sail out in the horizon where you see no enemy, because you managed to get away in battle you should be invurnerable in the OW.

7. You take a shower because of adrenaline and excitement.

Edited by Wyy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, staun said:

If they get in trouble, they would make a defensive tag and Wupti you will never catch them.

That shouldn´t be a problem because it would be griefing and therefore not allowed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batman said:

Teleport to port after battle was nice.

Unrealistic, yes, but nice.

TBH It was the only real way we got rid of tank fleets.  

16 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

His point is that the circle of death doesn't prevent people tagging with no intention of fighting, since all they have to do is tag, use F11 and keep them there until their friends arrive. The Spanish regularly do this with fir/fir or other shitty ships and no doubt many others do, including in GB.

Defeating both the point of the new RoE and NA.

That's the point. GB did it as well under rediiis command lately when Spain flipped Nassau and Little Harbour.

Rediiis mistake is that he didn't realize that no Spaniard tribunaled him for any misdoing. At that moment he should have been aware that Spain recognized his doing as proper game play with the result that Spain will take advantage from the same tactic as soon as the nation would have the opportunity to do so. When he sailed out yesterday he couldn't await not being pulled in battle until a decent fleet was gathered to kill him and his mate.

If he wanted anything else he should have tribunaled his own behaviour to clearify the case or just respect those high standards of game play himself instead of awaiting them only from others.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Wyy said:

but maybe people would get better instead of ganking 10v1 and celebrating over it

No they won't. As much as I would love this, I'm 100% certain that most people would rather blame and then quit the game instead of putting efforts into the "learning by burning" scheme. 

• Like 1