Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Using Alts to defensive tag

After 1:30h battle with Liam running, peekaboo - Prussian alt of Bodye - HAVOC member (GB) came on Lynx to get tagged by Liam from HAVOC. He made the worst possible tag so all the ships chasing him had a terrible join.

Bucentaure Liam didn't shoot a single broadside to Lynx that he tagged, Lynx never shoot at Liam. Lynx sailed away later:

image.thumb.png.aa12180607b45bd874e35b6c9f7aeef0.png

image.png.8acff1365ce296f5c7e587f49f224a67.png

image.png.4e53211139a7a53d871bedac7bf3c388.png

It is known to us that peekaboo is alt of Bodye, as he used to be our clan member and he openly admitted it to all Prussian players he played with before and I'm 100% sure Devs can check account connection between peekaboo and Bodye from HAVOC.

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 1

I guess if you could see the names on open world, people could exploit that. However i was purely being chased by a host of Prussians and french and tagged the closest one. Sorry? was i not meant to?

I saw "Enemy Player" and tagged, am i not allow to tag in these circumstances now?

• Like 1

I will leave this to game Developers, but that would be a huge coincidence of HAVOC alt on Prussian lynx "chasing" his clan mate's Buc after intense battles and RvR. We can "pretend" it was all coincidence and accident, but it's pointless to continue this discussion further. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

I guess if you could see the names on open world, people could exploit that. However i was purely being chased by a host of Prussians and french and tagged the closest one. Sorry? was i not meant to?

I saw "Enemy Player" and tagged, am i not allow to tag in these circumstances now?

Not when you're sitting on the same coms you're not :)

• Like 1

Pfffff, You all agreed to that, the moment You accepted the existance of alts.

Everyone who have alts use it in some exploiting way.

So we either accept it and forget topics like this or ban the using alts for good.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OjK said:

Pfffff, You all agreed to that, the moment You accepted the existance of alts.

Everyone who have alts use it in some exploiting way.

So we either accept it and forget topics like this or ban the using alts for good.

So alt farming is accepted as well now? Thanks for letting me know that, time to farm some doubloons, reals and exp.

Alts can't be banned without breaking game rules because of Steam Policy.

If you have enough alts then yes you can easily farm between them and transfer the money back to 1 account without drawing suspicion. I personally know people with up to 10 alts and they use them for all kinds of things. You can't stop it, all you can do is promote against it.

Edited by Slim McSauce

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

If you have enough alts then yes you can easily farm between them and transfer the money back to 1 account without drawing suspicion. I personally know people with up to 10 alts and they use them for all kinds of things. You can't stop it, all you can do is promote against it.

Report them if you know them. Otherwise, you support it too. Anyway, back on topic everyone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

Report them if you know them. Otherwise, you support it too. Anyway, back on topic everyone. 

I don't, hense "without drawing suspicion" I can only imagine what powergamers do with their alternate accounts.

Using alts to promote 1 main character in terms XP and doubloon farming is one thing. Using alt to do friendly tagging to prevent others from tagging/chasing is quite another. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

So alt farming is accepted as well now? Thanks for letting me know that, time to farm some doubloons, reals and exp.

Still better than seeling/buying 1st rates for real life money. Atleast they pay the devs of the game and dont make money from the game of the devs for themselves

Edited by rediii
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, rediii said:

Still better than seeling/buying 1st rates for real life money. Atleast they pay the devs of the game and dont make money from the game of the devs for themselves

Feel free to report whatever you witness, but this tribunal is about HAVOC using alts to save their ships. Even if selling is illegal, it still doesn't ruin the game like alt exploits ruin the game for the entire community. Do you want to justify alt exploits now? Just because they are your clan members, double standards.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Not accepted by rules, but accepted by game mechanics.
You'll never be able to get rid of it.

Posting

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

it still doesn't ruin the game like alt exploits ruin the game for the entire community

Posting tribunals and tribunal threads left and right does ruin the game for the entire community. 

It seems you're aiming for an effect which would influence everyone's thinking process:

"oh, it's Banished, I won't screen him, I need him to sink me, otherwise I'll get tribunaled" 

I think we need some threshold of overthrown tribunal accusations. Once you reach them, new ones should be overthrown automatically. 

• Like 2

(doubled post, deleted, forum broke on mobile) 

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Edited by vazco

5 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Sure does seem to be a rather fortuitous tag for ole Liam there.  Assuming it wasn't his alt, it's not really tribunal material tho

Bodye was a clan member of ALOHA and it's been public knowledge for the entire Prussian nation that peekaboo is his alt account. He openly admitted that when he was Prussian and nothing has changed since then. Bodye as most of you know is a clan member of Liam - HAVOC clan now. Even now he uses that account for scouting in cutter for RvR reasons when Port Battles take place. If you wanna exploit, do it at least so no one catches you with your pants down. Time to buy your Forger DLC, Bodye and rename your alt to "Not Bodye" so next time we won't know it's you :) 

There is 2 type of people, the ones that ignore breaking of the game rules and either quit the game or carry on and the ones that actually bother to report them. If NA is ever gonna make it to the final game release, we need to fix game mechanics that allow "legal" exploiting and make the tribunal working as well or get rid off it. The reason why there are so many tribunal cases is simple, people are not getting punished. Alt farmers get a soft warning and continue farming, many alt farmers have been reported 3 times and more and still continue with all benefits transferred to the other characters, griefers and kiters get away because we don't have any solid game rule on that, people in chat wishing for your family to die, f*cking your mom, hoping you get cancer, calling you Nazi scam etc. and not getting chat banned even with multiple chat reports.

Any Tribunal case didn't end with a solid punishment for over a year with the last one when Lord Vicious farmed damage at Cap Francais PB. Since then, we literally had nothing besides some gentle warnings. Because of that, most players think they can get away with exploiting, so the number of exploiters is drastically increasing + most people don't bother reporting anything to tribunal because "it's pointless". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Alt farming was only a problem when there was PvP Marks. Given doubloons are worthless now let 'em. Doubt they'll gain much from it.

We are supposed to get PvP rewards and separate currencies again soon because doubloons failed as currency. PvP doesn't pay off, often you lose more than gain or get nothing of it. That's little off topic but heads up for everyone :) Some players already have 250-500k dubs from PvE farming, so...

27 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

We are supposed to get PvP rewards and separate currencies again soon because doubloons failed as currency. PvP doesn't pay off, often you lose more than gain or get nothing of it. That's little off topic but heads up for everyone :) Some players already have 250-500k dubs from PvE farming, so...

If doubloons have failed , then that's just a balance problem that I think the DEVS can fix without major problems. Can you still remember the screaming when the doubloons were introduced? Some of our forum and ingame heroes already saw the end of PvP with battleships. After all, let the DEVS gain a bit of experience, then something will certainly be balanced in this area as well. Of course, then again the people show up who find it all way too difficult and immediately leave the game, if nothing changes here.

In the present case, certainly nothing will happen again, because the whole Alt Theme is difficult to handle. It will probably have no sense here to appeal to the fair play thoughts. Everyone has to make an attitude here.

Is a great coincidence that just in the moment when it is bad, a Lynx shows up, which probably belongs to an old account of a clan member and saves the situation. If HAVOC wants to have such players in their ranks, that's their own decision and says more about the clan than a spontaneous change during a port battle, firing at people who were allies minutes ago.

Near HAVOC even SORRY does not seem so bad.

Edited by S. Bonnet
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

.......because doubloons failed as currency......

Doubloons didn't fail. They just made their value next to nothing because they used them as rewards for everything and set trader ships to dump them way too often in huge amounts.

@Banished Privateer Are You trying to tell me, that using alt to tag someone in OW has worse effect for Naval Action as game than f.e.:

1) Spying by scouting with alts
2) Buying all valuable stuff (Cartagena Tar, exotic woods f.e.) by simply using alts instead of fighting for it
3) Sabotaging the diplomatic relations by going berserk
4) Baiting people for fights using alts

There is absolutely no way we can fix the alts problem by anything else but removing them.

And correct me if I'm wrong but... You were chasing @Liam790 and the alt belongs to @Bodye so it's 2 people, therefore all is acceptable.

Don't play the game "It's only all right when it works for us"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OjK said:

Spying by scouting with alts

This will never get fixed within NA. There had been 1000 topics about spies, spying, alts used for spying and ostracism and voting was the best suggestion proposed, but with the huge downsides of misuse to just get rid of people we don't like. + Bodye from HAVOC uses his alt for scouting on a regular basis if that changes anything. 

Buying all valuable stuff (Cartagena Tar, exotic woods f.e.) by simply using alts instead of fighting for it

Many topics suggested giving more power and control over to clans controlling the ports. Devs showed interest in that idea, but so far it didn't happen. Easy solution, no need to ban alts.

Sabotaging the diplomatic relations by going berserk

??? Never been an issue since we've got clan diplomacy. Rogue clans have been always around and we've tested voting diplomacy in NA enforcing RoE and alliances. Most people didn't like the concreted diplomacy, the only country to ever change sides in the war after a year was Sweden. It lowered PvP opportunities and limited solo players or these that do not enjoy diplomacy and RvR.

Baiting people for fights using alts

You can bait people without alts as well. If someone takes the bait... their fault. Simple rule, trust no one.

so it's 2 people, therefore all is acceptable.

not sure where this conclusion came from, but the answer is: no. Apparently, that is one of the reasons why Devs removed outlaw battles from the game which had positional join lol HAVOC player, HAVOC alt, the case is simple. No need to complicate it with thinking 1 player, 2 players, 3 players, makes no difference. 

• Like 1