Game-Labs Forum

Trim Redundant Woods

9 minutes ago, staun said:

It will, put the 5-10 best upgrade in ports in the center. 1 in each port. Other ports pol will take to get the WM. But the RvR would be for those 10-15 ports in the center. RvR would matter. 

I have a hard time to see how your surgestion does make ports matter, plz explain.

Same problem, focus the center of the map and ignore everywhere else. You can't compensate value of the port with value of the objects inside the port. If the port capture itself isn't valuable then you're going to strain yourself trying to find a unique valuable item to put into each individual port to make it worth fighting over. I mean sure you can fight that tide but you'll bloat the heck out of your game doing so. Probably making RVR first and foremost, fun, accessible and strategic would yield bette results reviving the enthusiasm for taking ports than flooding the market with reskin woods/upgrades, don't you think?

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

Same problem, focus the center of the map and ignore everywhere else. You can't compensate value of the port with value of the objects inside the port. If the port capture itself isn't valuable then you're going to strain yourself trying to find a unique valuable item to put into each individual port to make it worth fighting over. I mean sure you can fight that tide but you'll bloat the heck out of your game doing so.

But the single port has a value. VM and creating a safezone around your area. But you are right we might have neutral ports. But thats not a problem. 

Not all ports need a value beside above mentioned. But only with Extreme limited acces to the best, can you make ports matter. 

3 minutes ago, staun said:

But the single port has a value. VM and creating a safezone around your area. But you are right we might have neutral ports. But thats not a problem. 

Not all ports need a value beside above mentioned. But only with Extreme limited acces to the best, can you make ports matter. 

Not that we've seen or we wouldn't be having conversations of how to make RVR great again. Most ports in game have no taxable economy, empty of player objects and ships are are completely desolate. No one is taking these ports for the sake of the port itself. The territory doesn't serve itself, it's a burden and a chore.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

Not that we've seen or we wouldn't be having conversations of how to make RVR great again. Most ports in game have no taxable economy, empty of player objects and ships are are completely desolate. No one is taking these ports for the sake of the port itself. The territory doesn't serve itself, it's a burden and a chore.

Ppl don’t care because of alts. By limited the acces, will make ports matter. But if 20 ports have teak ore all Wood basicly is the same. Port won’t matter. No 1 port is the right solution, and you should not be able to trade between nations. Neither ressources ore ships. Trust me port will matter and there will be fighting. 

I don't see how reducing the amount of woods will improve the game... it will reduce the diversity of crafting and depth of the game/combat.

I would rather increase the amount and/or make the differences more distinctive to promote different playstyles (as partially implemented with e.g. fire risk = fireships).

The fact that some woods are cheap (in sense of value and performace) and some are valuable as limited in certain ports, creates certainly immersion and content for RvR.

At the moment we have quite a few combat relevant ship stats connected to wood. I guess buffing some of the stats apart from armour thickness, armour/hull hp and speed would increase the desire for those currently "useless" woods. Make bermuda great for mast thickness e.g. or increase stern thickness combined with crew protection for cagurian. 

I agree with the oak 'problem' having no purpose other than being cheap and available. I would rather place it a bit closer to where cagurian is now and make cagurian scarce and give it a distinctive boni as mentioned above.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, staun said:

He will if the clan that has the port has 100 % controle over the Wood in a port.

That is what we have been suggesting for some time ... 

At least to control %50 of resources... 

Edited by AeRoTR

2 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

That is what we have been suggesting for some time ... 

At least to control %50 of resources... 

If port should matter 100 % and only 1 port pr item, and it should  not be possible to trade betwen Nations.

• Like 1