Game-Labs Forum

BR Rebalance!

I'm tired of current meta. Maybe because it's exact same meta like we had before, with just different ships (L'Oceans turned in Bucentaure spam, and Bellonas turned in 3rd Rate spam)

How about we finally fix the BR of the ship?
Some ships are really not efficient to their BR and are falling behind making them totally useless in Port Battle setups.

So let's discuss it a bit

Also, what I'd like to avoid is the "put as much biggest ships as possible" to avoid going all SOL in every battle (only 10k BR+ capitals should look like it).
Therefore, I'd aim for bigger ships beeing a bit less BR efficient, but still in the range where their selection is worth it if someone will decide to take it.

1st Rates 

L'Ocean - 1000 (+100) - Let's keep the maximum L'Ocean as a starting point.Its potential to bounce the ball off the curvy hull make it realy tanky. However, we need to raise overall BR of biggest ships, to promote more frequent use of 3rd and 4th rates in the battles.
Santisima - 950 (+150) - While not as tanky gives bigger punch - with current BR they finally seem a nice alternative to L'Oceans, however with the difference in damage at close range, it cannot be too big.
Victory - 750 (-30) - As long the leaking problem will be solved, the Victory should be reduced. Nice alternative for skilled player who could avoid leaking - a 1st rate of risk/reward

2nd Rates 

Bucentaure - 550 (+90) - Nice balance to other ships, but too efficient in comparison to 1st rates, so a small increase.
Christian - 490 (+40) - Need to be lower due to much less HP (almost like Bellona) but with its firepower and turning, it still need to be high to not kick out Bucentaure out from every PB roster
St Pavel - 430 (+30) - Need to be definitely lowest, maybe 120 point difference to Buc would be enough to see some in some PB's.

3rd Rates 

Bellona - 350 (-100) - Need drastic reduction, to the level of 3rd rate which seem to be nice balanced at the moment. However, 20 points extra for higher caliber on middle deck.
3rd Rate - 330 (+30) - Probably best balanced ship at the moment. Keep it as a benchmark.
Wasa - 260 (-190) - Armor like 4th rates, broadside closer to 4th rates, so it needs reduction. Still, due to big amount of chasers (6+3) need to get a small raise.

4th Rates 

Agamemnon - 220 (-20) - Smallest SOL, should get some love!
Constitution - 210 (-130) - Very comparable to Aggie. More tanky, with bit less damage, should have similar BR
Ingermanland - 200 (-30) - DMG of Agamemnon but with less HP. However, better turn rate doesn't allow for too big reduction of BR
Wapen von Hamburg - 200 (-50) - It has a damage, but it's mostly low caliber. And due to beeing slower than other 4th to catch up and penetrate with 6pd&9pd need to have BR reduced

That's it for first 4 classes.

Class 5 and 6 would be quite tricky, but can be done later as well.

What do You guys think?
Would You add or reduce some ships BR? Why?
DISCUSS IT! :)

Edited by OjK
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, OjK said:

Top 5th rates (Endymion, Trincomalee, Indefatigable) would start from 160 range with this setup

That would then need recoding of PB entry threshold from BR (currently 170) to actual draught. Which I'd love to see. Overall I like your suggestions.

what should imo be tuned from your list:

•  
  • Wasa - 280 to 300. It's weaker than 3rd rate but it'S dmg potential is still lots above aggy.
  • Aggy and below raise by 10 to 20 each to give more room for 5th and 6th rates to let them start at 200 with indef, endy and trinco.

4 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Aggy and below raise by 10 to 20 each to give more room for 5th and 6th rates to let them start at 200 with indef, endy and trinco.

Then, if we would like to stay within "Promote smaller ships" that would require another 100 point up for each 1st rate, 50 points up for 2nd etc.
(which I don't mind - the more "exclusive" they'll be on PB, the better)

Edited by OjK