Game-Labs Forum

Stupid idea

23 minutes ago, Cabral said:

At night will be difficult to see at long distance.

Red with yellow outline would be visible at night and day. White are maybe visible at night, but not at day or fog, which is most of the game.

It's a simple modification, which would increase number of battles. More battles, more involvement, more players.

36 minutes ago, RKY said:

make it blue.

You had no issue not changing colors on graphics setting => i see nothing on my settings

When I drink bear and play NA I do a lot of friendly fire with color blind mode on, so I'm not allowed to use it anymore 😭

2 hours ago, admin said:

30 % of men do not see red. 

True story.

I have a few humorous anecdotes about this, as someone who fails every color perception test going on the red/green axis.  However, it's not a question of not seeing red, it's that the red kinda blends in with other colors.  For example:

Traffic lights?  Total non-issue.  They are three distinct colors.

Red on green?  Awwwww no.  When I was going through Field Med, we did a training called "The Kill House."  Basically, imagine a bunch of strobes, smoke, bodies, fake blood, and the soundtrack to the landing scene of Saving Private Ryan.  As it was winter, we were in woodland cammies, and got covered in fake blood.  When the day was over, I went ahead and washed my cammies, and then threw the same set on before evening formation, not thinking anything of it except, "Warm cammies, F- yeah!"

While standing in a formation of about 400 people, I get called out with a large "wtf?" from the instructors.  This was unusual.  Apparently, the cammies still appeared stained with fake blood to everyone else, but I could not pick it out.  Also, apparently, my hair had turned a faint pink which I was also unaware of, which required, ultimately, me to shave it all off.

So, in a nutshell:  High contrast?  No worries (for me at least, YMMV).  Low contrast?  Gonna look a fool in front of a few hundred people.

(For those alarmed that a medical type might not be able to pick out blood on clothes, don't worry.  Nobody sees red in dark, confined spaces, which is what most trauma ends up being.  You just check your gloves for wetness after poking around a bit.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Red with yellow outline, or white with black bacground, should be visible for everyone as a shape.

In a meanwhile, 100% men don't see white over  a white fog, and probably more than 30% have issues seeing white over a white sky.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, admin said:

True story.

As one of these colorblind individuals, we can see red.  This is a misconception.

What we can't see is different hues of red. Green/Brown/Orange/Purple can look very similar.  For example when we do our pre-battle plans I take a copy of the map into MS paint and throw a few things on there, I can't distinguish between several of the colors on the palate and routinely tell people "join at the red X" when it's in fact brown.  I also can't tell the difference between the colors on new traffic lights and have to go off position while driving around.  My wife makes fun of me because I'm almost always ordering the wrong color shirts online and I own far more pink shirts than I probably should.

Red with a yellowish outline would be very visible, far more visible than white on a light blue background for example, and a welcome change.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

The question is, should the battle marker be readily visible? Shouldn't you have to keep a good look out for them rather than have a big beacon letting everyone know there is a battle. I actually like the fact that you can sail right past a battle at close range in poor visibility and you have to scan the horizon closely to find a battle even when you know one is close by.

I think making the swords too easy to see would be a bad change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

As one of these colorblind individuals, we can see red.  This is a misconception.

What we can't see is different hues of red. Green/Brown/Orange/Purple can look very similar.  For example when we do our pre-battle plans I take a copy of the map into MS paint and throw a few things on there, I can't distinguish between several of the colors on the palate and routinely tell people "join at the red X" when it's in fact brown.  I also can't tell the difference between the colors on new traffic lights and have to go off position while driving around.  My wife makes fun of me because I'm almost always ordering the wrong color shirts online and I own far more pink shirts than I probably should.

Red with a yellowish outline would be very visible, far more visible than white on a light blue background for example, and a welcome change.

This reminds me of a friend back when I was a kid.  He was color blind and was very good at art....that didn't have color.  He once did a tank and thought he paint the camouflage on it until I told him his browns where reds and something else was way off.    In the future he just stuck to black and white stuff...he use to run lights all the time until I told him you know it's in order, GREEN, YELLOW, RED so there is no excuse about not tell ing the color.

Back to the post though, would be nice if there was some darker outline on the cross swords/anchors cause they do blind in to the back drop a bit to easy at times.

17 hours ago, Christendom said:

Sounds like yours is slightly worse than mine.

Best way to describe how it effects me is this, If a plant with green folliage has ten red flowers on it the ten stand out immediatlly to a person with perfect colour vision whilst I will initially see just a few but if I stare at it for long enough I will eventually pick out all of the flowers.

I still buy the wrong colour shirts but mostly because I have bad taste.

@OP different colour yes just not red

• Like 1