Game-Labs Forum

Battle Rating change information

Yesterday we noticed that the BR of some ships (Essex and Belle Poulle) had changed, as far as I know without any mention anywhere.

I don't know exactly when, since we usually have some buffer in the BR, but it must have been recent.

It is good that the BR data is continuously being updated, but why not let us know? As a port battle planner you can't always have one of each ship in your docks to be able to check that the BR is the same as last time, but PBs do require planning and when the premises - i.e. BRs - change without alert, then that only serves to cause frustration.

How about an official Google Spreadsheet being created that is kept updated with the BR of all ships in the game, that we can consult with when setting up PBs?

BR limits which ship can enter PB instances in code. (I'd suggest adding a draught Property to whichever class decribes your ship objects to circumvent that btw...) The shallow water threshold is at 170 (Herc BR) so anything with deeper draught had to get a BR increase.

15 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Yesterday we noticed that the BR of some ships (Essex and Belle Poulle) had changed, as far as I know without any mention anywhere.

I don't know exactly when, since we usually have some buffer in the BR, but it must have been recent.

It is good that the BR data is continuously being updated, but why not let us know? As a port battle planner you can't always have one of each ship in your docks to be able to check that the BR is the same as last time, but PBs do require planning and when the premises - i.e. BRs - change without alert, then that only serves to cause frustration.

How about an official Google Spreadsheet being created that is kept updated with the BR of all ships in the game, that we can consult with when setting up PBs?

BRs will be updated on the testbed and will be provided to users as well. 

The will no longer jump around between classes so all third rates will have a higher BR than 4th rates et cetera

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Will upgrades (and maybe cannon loadout) finally be included in the ships BR? This means you will have to set a BR for either each upgrade slot used, or you will have to define a BR for each upgrade type. Please. Please. A maxed out gold Aga should not have the same BR as an Admiralty 3/5 Aga.
Having extra planking should give higher BR than extra pumps.

Is anyone keen on the idea of listing all upgrades in the game and sorting them by ones that should affect BR and ones that should not.

9 hours ago, rediii said:

can we get a list of new BR to judge it? will be hard to test on testserver because we dont have all ships

There should be a list posted any time they are changed mainly for PBs. I still think groups should list each players BR/with ship they are in and the top of the list should have Total BR for the group. It's a pain we have to use third party info to make PB groups cause we don't have the means in game right now.  IT's just a slight bit of code to add that info to the player list of groups.

5 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Will upgrades (and maybe cannon loadout) finally be included in the ships BR? This means you will have to set a BR for either each upgrade slot used, or you will have to define a BR for each upgrade type. Please. Please. A maxed out gold Aga should not have the same BR as an Admiralty 3/5 Aga.
Having extra planking should give higher BR than extra pumps.

Is anyone keen on the idea of listing all upgrades in the game and sorting them by ones that should affect BR and ones that should not.

That just getting to complicated and would take a pain to get balanced and well coded.   BR's should be set per ship and in stone.  Cause as per above we need those numebrs for PB list.

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

There should be a list posted any time they are changed mainly for PBs

Information about BR and about other stats should be available in the game/UI, maybe as a kind of showroom where you can view a pic of every ship and its basic stats.

17 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Will upgrades (and maybe cannon loadout) finally be included in the ships BR? This means you will have to set a BR for either each upgrade slot used

Small balancing problem would be the size of the ship, as the bigger the ship, the effect is usually relatively bigger.