Game-Labs Forum

Redundant security zones for Britain, Spain, France.

Map needs dividing into time zones for all of the world. Outposts need to be doubled. Deliveries between your own outposts implemented to stop time wasting dull movement. Attacking lower ranked players limited to 5th rate and above to give them a chance. Removal of those zones will need offsetting to a certain extent.

Thoughts ?

• Like 1

I don’t sail for any of the nations affected and don’t remember the last time I sailed into the gulf but...

I see no reason for this until such a time as there is a complete map wipe. Unless significant changes to Conquest, Port Battles, Port Management, and Port Resources happen, why just cause this inconvenience to those players?

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 2

I am still waiting for an answer to what the original thoughts were for these zones that was not met. What is gained by shutting down these zones other than to disrupt the players that were led to believe that the area was stable enough to use as a base of operation. Now there is the distinct possibility of groups having to take unwarranted risks to move resources from what was alleged to be a secure area to a location that will undoubtedly be heavily patrolled simply because it is a published fact that groups will need to relocate or run the risk of losing everything. I would rather that if the secondary zones are to be lost that the capitals be moved to those secondary zones thus increasing the distance between them. Nations should have the ability to secure the area around them not be force fed into conflict simply because their capital happens to be only about 10 min away from another capital.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:14 AM, Christoph said:

i hope

1 zone is enough for every nation

The problem of one Zone is the largest population in the game is crowded into one small area and it makes the game really difficult for new players.  They cannot get established.   Veteran player love the baby seal clubbing but it makes people quit the game.  While this may provide income as the game is already purchased it does not buy DLC and it keeps game player number so low that nobody believes the game will survive.  Get rid of R-Zones ok.. but not secondary ports.

The secondary problem is that this game is Clan based mechanics which means as clans migrate between countries or leave for other games the towns become vacated and die out.  This really places a damper on the ability to be trade player in the game.  The clans do not area protect they only show up to port defend.   This leads to a defacto no going back to the old no area protection and we get a France or Denmark with only one port in the game the reason I quit 18 months ago and did not play for 15 months. 

This happening will just put the game into a Teleport to fight here .. might was well put radar in that tells you were every player is in the game so and maybe take it down to 4 ports and remove all the others.  I mean the battle dont happen in the OW take it out then. 

By removal does that mean the towns will no longer provide for a commercial (player concentrator) hub on pricing?  Will they revert back to being a waste hole of commerce like all the other ports?  

Edited by angriff

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:11 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Let them farm, why does it bother you so much what others do with the game they bought?  Not every one wants to PvP 24/7.  Some folks actually enjoy doing some AI missions and such and maybe getting into some PvP once in a while.  You want PvP go flip HAVOC port, flip WO (oh yah forgot ya'll have some stupid rule on that one).  You know just as well as I do that if you go flip one of the other clans that are very active in PvP you will get a battle, but most of ya'll refuse to fight them but instead all you want to do is gank cassual players and newbs that suck at the game compared to folks that spend all there time doing nothing but PvP.  

Removing these zones is not going to do anthing but spread the dead server out even more cause now folks will flip those ports and will be spread all over the please.   I swear every time we get close to having a half decent game the devs start going back to hard core extrem and we loose more and more players.  you need the 90% of the player base that is casuals to support the 10% hard core PvP players.

Precisely Texas. Someone gets it. Keep the zones as are and make the gulf a PVE zone as once planned. Finding the balance for those that want to be hard core full time PVP'ers and those that prefer a more casual play experience is going to be key to keeping game alive and players coming back. And we all know those "Safe Zones" around capitals are not at all that, as Chris knows all too well. They are the favorite hunting grounds for PVP'ers to prey on noobs and casuals for easy rewards. Balance is the key.

4 hours ago, Saint George said:

Precisely Texas. Someone gets it. Keep the zones as are and make the gulf a PVE zone as once planned. Finding the balance for those that want to be hard core full time PVP'ers and those that prefer a more casual play experience is going to be key to keeping game alive and players coming back. And we all know those "Safe Zones" around capitals are not at all that, as Chris knows all too well. They are the favorite hunting grounds for PVP'ers to prey on noobs and casuals for easy rewards. Balance is the key.

Have devs actually said what would happens with those zones?

Do think it is right to remove them. Why should only a few nations benefit from them. Because they are easy nations?Most ppl that start in the game don’t look at that. I started in the danish nation because I am dane, pretty sure most start in there real life nation if it is in the game.

If you want a PvE area for the casual should they not be neutral to benefit all? Ore only casuals in the easy nation should have a right to a PvE area?

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 12:54 AM, staun said:

Have devs actually said what would happens with those zones?

Do think it is right to remove them. Why should only a few nations benefit from them. Because they are easy nations?Most ppl that start in the game don’t look at that. I started in the danish nation because I am dane, pretty sure most start in there real life nation if it is in the game.

If you want a PvE area for the casual should they not be neutral to benefit all? Ore only casuals in the easy nation should have a right to a PvE area?

Just cause you didn't read them doesn't mean others.  We actually have way to many nations any way. There was a reason POTBS only had 4 nations.   I would play Spain on here not cause I spanish but cause I didn't like playing US or GB cause to many players,  but I saw it was nothing but native spanish speakers (i understand but can't speak it).   So I went US for a while and than went Pirate.   I played Dane on Global and I have played French.   There should be easy nations and hard nations no matter what your nation is that doesn't mean every one else wants to play the one they are from.  

Honestly I wish they Merg US/GB.  Drop Dane and Swedish and just have Dutch, French, GB, Pirate, Spain.   Give Pirate the rules for the three nations that should never been brought into game in the first place and Make MT neutral for all to use like the old PItts was set neutral.  If pirates want any ports other than working out of Free Towns they have to take them.   Making it the true hard core nation.

• Like 3

I say no safe zones anywhere, all players reap the rewards of their actions, no more fool proof waters, only other players can help you, no more NPC reinforcements. Let the raiders raid says I. And all ports except capitol ports should be capturable... in my opinion.

Edited by LIONOFWALES

On 2/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, Gott365 said:

Just to understand it correctly: All cities in the R-Zones will be turned neutral, right? Can we get any info about their future BR´s and whether we are to keep our warehouses in these cities or not?

@admin Would you mind answering, please?

On 2/7/2019 at 4:49 AM, BallsOfSteel said:

Map needs dividing into time zones for all of the world...

Yes. Static timer at the towns would completely solve the night timer problem once and forever. @admin should think about that. Or maybe they already did? There would be parts of US, EU and what else onto the map. The map itself is big enough for that. Every time zone needs its ressources and the port would be more valuable.

37 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Yes. Static timer at the towns would completely solve the night timer problem once and forever. @admin should think about that. Or maybe they already did? There would be parts of US, EU and what else onto the map. The map itself is big enough for that. Every time zone needs its ressources and the port would be more valuable.

Yes, please. I want Cartagena, Santo Domingo, Nassau, and everything on Hispaniola to be US time zone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

What would be the benefits that not allready can be solved with timers to day? I have a hard time see that it would make a huge differet, so plz make me a wiser man. Atm I have no belief, neither for ore against.

7 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Worst idea so far.

What if your nation is in AUS timezone? Are you going to move to another?

It would be nice if people began to think on the disadvantages before writing.

You move with your clan/nation to the area of the map with the timers that fit for you.

At least this is an idea to solve the timer problem. If RVR hostility system and timers stay as they are with the release, i won´t be interested in it.

• 4 weeks later...