Game-Labs Forum

Redundant security zones for Britain, Spain, France.

Hello what about Polish Nation from my knowledge at that time Comonwelth of Poland have at least one colony at Tobago it was called New Courland. The flag of that is already added to Flag DLC. "looks like crab".

Edited by Alphif

6 hours ago, admin said:

Secondary security zones for France, Spain and Britain will be abandoned and will become capturable in one of the next patches, as they did not have any influence on the goals they were supposed to achieve.

That's very unfortunate.  They gave an incentive to use the Gulf and central american coast regions. 

2 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Great news, and take heart those setup in those regions, now will you get capturable port crafting rng bonus

Those elusive "bonuses" are never worth having to move all your ships and haul all your crap for hours when it gets captured

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Borch said:

Actually, you should move their capitols to current secondary security zones and get rid of primary zones.

What difference is that going to make? people will be pissed off having to move their stuff and then two months later you will be calling for no reinforcement zones or for them to be moved back to their original position?

5 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

What difference is that going to make? people will be pissed off having to move their stuff and then two months later you will be calling for no reinforcement zones or for them to be moved back to their original position?

Well if the secondary was the option, all was out of the center of the map. They would have to move pirates to. But they could then make the center the hot spot. They would have to move some free town to.

reinforcement zone is nothing to do with this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Intrepido said:

You should also decrease the one from the US, which is unneccesarily large. Also make little river an uncapturable port.

And pirates should not have reinforcements area. It doesnt fit.

Pirates shouldn't even have a capital, they should be following the same rules the three nations that shouldn't be in game.  Though what they could do is make that zone a neutral that all nations can use but have the Pirates, Poland, Prussia, Russians all start there.

9 hours ago, admin said:

Captains. 

Secondary security zones for France, Spain and Britain will be abandoned and will become capturable in one of the next patches, as they did not have any influence on the goals they were supposed to achieve.

We are very sorry for the inconvinience that this change might cause. Please take necessary precautions and move ships resources away if you do not plan to defend those areas. 

You know this is going to kill what little casual players you have left......   Taking away safe zones is not going to encourage folks to play and come out and PvE.  Folks like to have zones they can grind up without having to look over there backs every two seconds for gank squads.  I'm going to predict this is going to kill what numbers we have left.  You would be better off killing the PvE server and making the Golf of Mexican a PvE zones.  that would get more players on one server insetaed of them being spread out all over the place.  We keep talking about how to keep the new players and casuals and than you do this crap which will just run them off.    

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

Wish we could just cut some of these areas out of the overall map and consolidate folks into more populated areas.  Be better for the game overall.  

You can't force folks to play a play style they don't want to play.  By taking away the three largest nations safe zones it's just going to make more players leave and not log in.  Oh look now we will have even more empty ports folks will own and no one will fight over........

• Like 2

How about this if we are going to do this, can we just wipe the whole map and make it all start over?   I mean what the point of all these old ports any way?  Should make them all historically owned by the nation that owned them.  If some one wins a port battle than they get to keep it as their clan port (instead of AI shows up say VCO shows up and defends a pirate port, they own that port from that point on).   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Pirates shouldn't even have a capital, they should be following the same rules the three nations that shouldn't be in game.  Though what they could do is make that zone a neutral that all nations can use but have the Pirates, Poland, Prussia, Russians all start there.

You know this is going to kill what little casual players you have left......   Taking away safe zones is not going to encourage folks to play and come out and PvE.  Folks like to have zones they can grind up without having to look over there backs every two seconds for gank squads.  I'm going to predict this is going to kill what numbers we have left.  You would be better off killing the PvE server and making the Golf of Mexican a PvE zones.  that would get more players on one server insetaed of them being spread out all over the place.  We keep talking about how to keep the new players and casuals and than you do this crap which will just run them off.    

You can't force folks to play a play style they don't want to play.  By taking away the three largest nations safe zones it's just going to make more players leave and not log in.  Oh look now we will have even more empty ports folks will own and no one will fight over........

you do realize that they still have safe zones by their capitals right?  This is just removing the farming frenzy that is Belize / New Orleans / Vera Cruz.  

If players are going to quit because they lost their 2nd safe zone, well then it's no big loss.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

you do realize that they still have safe zones by their capitals right?  This is just removing the farming frenzy that is Belize / New Orleans / Vera Cruz.  

If players are going to quit because they lost their 2nd safe zone, well then it's no big loss.  

Let them farm, why does it bother you so much what others do with the game they bought?  Not every one wants to PvP 24/7.  Some folks actually enjoy doing some AI missions and such and maybe getting into some PvP once in a while.  You want PvP go flip HAVOC port, flip WO (oh yah forgot ya'll have some stupid rule on that one).  You know just as well as I do that if you go flip one of the other clans that are very active in PvP you will get a battle, but most of ya'll refuse to fight them but instead all you want to do is gank cassual players and newbs that suck at the game compared to folks that spend all there time doing nothing but PvP.  

Removing these zones is not going to do anthing but spread the dead server out even more cause now folks will flip those ports and will be spread all over the please.   I swear every time we get close to having a half decent game the devs start going back to hard core extrem and we loose more and more players.  you need the 90% of the player base that is casuals to support the 10% hard core PvP players.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Because this is a multi player game and players being able to farm AI fleets for doubloons in capital areas (2 capital areas) is bullshit. 

Than do what I suggested above, no DOUBLOONS in green zones missions or AI.   DOn't remove the zone, fix the stupid loot tables.    That sounds like a better solution.  Hell I made a killing the other day with an alt doing those delivery missions even if the doubloons aren't that high there are so many ways to make doubloons why do you care?   It's not effecting your game, it sounds more like your throwing a little fit cause other folks are enjoying there part of the game they like.   

I don't know any other MMO's that force folks out into PvP, in  fact the mass majority of them have very limited PvP zones you can play in.    The attempts in the past to push these casual players out has not work and won't work.  So to get yoru way you would prefer to loose more and more players?  Is that what I"m getting?

33 minutes ago, Christendom said:

It is a big loos when they make up the majority of the active players.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Because this is a multi player game and players being able to farm AI fleets for doubloons in capital areas (2 capital areas) is bullshit. 

Meh, there are barely any duh-balloons to be had.  With gank fleets in the Patrol Zones raking in thousands of d'balloons people should not complain about the pittance that other players get out of random AI ships on other parts of the map. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I don't know any other MMO's that force folks out into PvP, in  fact the mass majority of them have very limited PvP zones you can play in.    The attempts in the past to push these casual players out has not work and won't work.  So to get yoru way you would prefer to loose more and more players?  Is that what I"m getting?

in WoW if you play on a PvP server the 2 first questing zones are safe (you're  not a pvp target unless you attack  another from other faction or turn on pvp) while all the other zones are pvp zones which is after lvl 25+. In Runescape if you wanted to do all missions you would have to go out into the wilderness, risking to be a target by a player that could kill you.

Which mmo's are you refering to that dont "force" pvp.

7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Well, but the inclusion of the doubloons is a thing of the developers. If you want to have big ships you have to get lots of doubloons. Where? where it is most fruitful and safe to get them. It is the game changes that change the players' habits, not the other way around. I do not know if anyone has complained about Belize, Veracruz and New Orleans. Every day I consult the forum and I have not seen big protests. This type of changes do not get more people playing or veterans come back, rather I would say that people get tired every day more and more and the growing feeling that so much change prevents the game advance.

• Like 3

I hope with this change that they will also change the description of GB and Spain for new players as difficult nations, because that's what this change will make these nations for new players.

GB especially is quite isolated for new players being good distance from neutral ports at the start of a game. With the current rules on AI fleet spawn it means that GB does not get many enemy AI fleets on its doorstep. With this change at game start the closest neutral port to KPR will be Pedro Cay so it will only produce AI small ship fleets, but if Pedro Cay is captured by another nation it will be a prime port for enemy Le Requins to operate out of to attack new players. This already happens now, so imagine when they are located at Pedro Cay.

Looking at Spain I expect the same thing is almost true from looking at the map, though I have never played as Spain.

On the test server I have tested out a couple of different nations, Sweden and Dutch and Sweden especially had plenty of enemy AI fleets sailing into its reinforcement zone and Capital area and it reinforcement zone almost overlaps neutral ports, so it is a lot easier for new players to get going especially after the wipe. Looking at the map I think Danes will be the same. Can anyone who started out in GB or Spain on the test server tell us how easy it was to find OW AI fleets to attack close to the nation Capital?

These changes will make GB and Spain some of the more difficult nations to start in.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Archaos said:

GB especially is quite isolated for new players being good distance from neutral ports at the start of a game.

This is the fault of GB players though.  They've been taking port and pushing their border outwards.  They're about to contest La Navasse...which will take away enemy AI to the east of Jamaica.

18 minutes ago, Archaos said:

With this change at game start the closest neutral port to KPR will be Pedro Cay so it will only produce AI small ship fleets, but if Pedro Cay is captured by another nation it will be a prime port for enemy Le Requins to operate out of to attack new players. T

Remember the zone between Pedro and Jamaica was connected in the beginning, counting as one zone. At one point devs decreased size of the zones, so a gap appeared between Jamaica and Pedro Cay. I'd say the Cays are counted into the "main" safezone.

• Like 2

This will prolly mean the gulf will move from being a private Spanish-French lake to whoever gets there first to farm doublons. 

I don’t see France, Denmark, Netherland or Sweden ever getting a foothold in there. It is way to far from their starting point.

• Like 1