Game-Labs Forum
Raxius

Capital Zones

18 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the low pop.

Easy solution would be no enemy AI going into reinforcement zones.

Could make the missions not give ships with loot of Doubloons if they are pulled in the green zones.  Doubloons should only be on ships that you kill in OW.   

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

You mean conquest, raiding each other water and basically trying to sink the rival clans ships wherever they may be found |? Too much to ask lad, too much. :( 

This is clanwars now... not national pride. Whatever that means...

You mean what all these so called Hard core PvPers hardly ever do?  When was the last time we seen some of these guys attack each other ports?   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You mean what all these so called Hard core PvPers hardly ever do?  When was the last time we seen some of these guys attack each other ports? 

Not my place to tell them what to do :) Just wishful thinking sarcasm.

I am a nation man, albeit clans within a nation serve a purpose as each one has its own operational mode.

But just wishful thinking of a nation based wargame sir, nothing else. You are right of course. The metagame did win - bypass logistical challenges with alts is easier than Conquest :) just to state a example.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Incorrect.  The reinforcement zone was meant to stop the toxic capital camping by players such as yourself.   It's just stupid when you can't even use your supposed "capital" because there's always an enemy gank fleet always sitting right outside the harbor encouraging everyone to quit the game. 

well, police your waters and this wouldn't be an issue. You want it to be a place where you can move free but you literally are not willing to fight to make that a possibility. Capital zones are the only areas, right now, where I am more or less guaranteed to get a fight. I am here to play a game where I shoot at other ships, why wouldn't I go where I the players are? It's asinine to think the way a lot of r zone players do.

YOUR SAFETY OUGHT NEVER BE GUARANTEED 

1 minute ago, Galt said:

well, police your waters and this wouldn't be an issue.

And if you can't win that battle....uninstall?  Great for the game. 

1 minute ago, Barbancourt said:

And if you can't win that battle....uninstall?  Great for the game. 

"Don't suck"- KoC

It's not my fault they're bad at the game. We've all been through that ringer before.

1 minute ago, Galt said:

"Don't suck"- KoC

It's not my fault they're bad at the game. We've all been through that ringer before.

Well I guess we can't all be as awesome as you and your dear leader are.  But driving people away from the game hurts everyone.  The reinforcement zones were a direct response to your antics and the harm it did to the community. 

3 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Well I guess we can't all be as awesome as you and your dear leader are.  But driving people away from the game hurts everyone.  The reinforcement zones were a direct response to your antics and the harm it did to the community. 

"And you still couldn't stop us" - The Devs, when they made this announcement 

On 2/1/2019 at 4:23 AM, gus said:

Well I sailed outside CTon Harbor up and down  --- gap to gap --- rats followed us around never tagging us.  I then got on top of Raxus and spun my boat around and Detroit got on and spun his boat the other way … no one tagged us... So I sat out side for a while and still no tag … I went into port for a hour then came out heading to Brunswick and 3 ai French ships were in the harbor I tagged them for xp.  after done went to Brunswick and tagged 2 more ships along the way for xp …. if someone wanted a fight all they had to do was tag us and start the battle … Raxus choose not to do so... A battle didn't happen because he chose not to fight ????? 

… oh and I did not take any of the goodies off the sank ships in the CTon Harbor (as I was only after xp … I let the ships to be salvaged by the newbees (who had joined my battle) … I would suggest that Rasux has no idea what he is talking about ...

you were in reinforcement zone which was why I didnt tag you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Galt said:

"Don't suck"- KoC

No, it is not your fault they are not yet good at the game, but it is entirely your fault that you are not gud enough to battle more advance players, instead of newbs who will quit when they can't gain knowledge slots.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

No, it is not your fault they are not yet good at the game, but it is entirely your fault that you are not gud enough to battle more advance players, instead of newbs who will quit when they can't gain knowledge slots.

Hey, I don't discriminate. It's true that I ought not pick on little guys, and I genuinely try not to. But there is no way to tell who is an alt and who is new. There is no way for me to tell who I am tagging on the open world. But, by natural law, the better players tend to survive more so they don't complain as much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Galt said:

Hey, I don't discriminate. It's true that I ought not pick on little guys, and I genuinely try not to. But there is no way to tell who is an alt and who is new. There is no way for me to tell who I am tagging on the open world. But, by natural law, the better players tend to survive more so they don't complain as much. 

No offence Galt but when was the last time you actually got a player kill?  I know I haven't been on much lately but I haven't seen or heard you in the combatnews?   Hell even most of the french haven't been around the US coast lately?   So where are you getting these kills at your so called making?   If it's not the capital zones than more power to you and happy hunting, but if your camping capital zones I not really notice your name popping up as one of those.

by the way we will need to rematch that surprise vs surprise fight we had I DC in.....stupid bug where you can't use repairs after DC sucked back than.  It was a good fight other than me DC with you demasted to coming back to being demasted while you where repaired and I couldn't use my repairs.  The good old days...lol

On 2/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

No offence Galt but when was the last time you actually got a player kill?  I know I haven't been on much lately but I haven't seen or heard you in the combatnews?   Hell even most of the french haven't been around the US coast lately?   So where are you getting these kills at your so called making?   If it's not the capital zones than more power to you and happy hunting, but if your camping capital zones I not really notice your name popping up as one of those.

by the way we will need to rematch that surprise vs surprise fight we had I DC in.....stupid bug where you can't use repairs after DC sucked back than.  It was a good fight other than me DC with you demasted to coming back to being demasted while you where repaired and I couldn't use my repairs.  The good old days...lol

I have not been around so much lately but when I am on I usually hunt the windward gap. I have been running with KoC around Mort and now there are plenty of Brits at Nav I am looking forward to getting in on. Before that, I spent a lot of time around Jamaica. 

Let me know the time and place and I am happy to rematch. As I recall, you would have had me that fight if you hadn't of DC. I will be on tonight :)

On 2/1/2019 at 5:22 PM, Christendom said:

I've watched US, Swede and French (out of New Orleans) sit within the capital zone and in reach of the forts and tag AI fleets over and over, including traders in big boy ships.  Probably getting loads of doubloons in the process.  Zero risk.  No one can join.  Meanwhile the rest of us schmucks who get dubs via PVP have to go out and risk ships for lower payouts and no guarantee of getting home with the loot or your ship.  Point being, the risk vs reward in this game is all kinds of messed up.  We sunk the better part of a 5300 BR port battle fleet at portillo a couple nights ago and we got less doubloons than one of our screeners outside tagging AI ships in his LGV refit in the same hour and a half.  It's a joke.  The fact that rear admirals can sit outside the capital in a vic and tag AI tbrigs for loot is equally absurd. 

No capital zones.  Make safe zones entirely safe, smaller and make the new player missions spawn in them for absolute protection.  If players want to sink AI fleets in the zone the battles need to either stay open for longer than 2 mins OR we need to remove OW battles completely from the safe zones to force players outside of them.  We used to have a system where players who opened missions in the safe zone had them open for 10 mins and players who ventured out of the zones had theirs close in 3 mins.  This seemed like a fair trade off of risk vs reward to me.  Unsure why it was changed.  

More players will of course help fix this (and many other) problems, but we need to rework the safe zones to make sure those new players stick around long enough.

yes that was the plan. one of the next patches zones will shrink and will turn into capital waters everywhere for the owner. Redundant zones will be removed

• Like 7

we need another change.

that enemy war fleets are not sailing to a friendly port. 

players have to sail out. atm they are waiting at the docks or at the fort

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, admin said:

yes that was the plan. one of the next patches zones will shrink and will turn into capital waters everywhere for the owner. Redundant zones will be removed

lets be clear - a capital water "zone" should be invulnerable to pvp - new players and players in the nation SHOULD be allowed to do something that guarantees they don't have to pvp. BUT that activity should not net a lot of income.

Something should always be there for players who don't want pvp - even on the pvp server - it should just be a small place that doesn't allow for many rewards.

EDIT: did not mean to sound petty - I like your decision and support it, I just hope it is clear to old and new players what it does. we want game mechanics to be clearly visible and understood.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

I'm confused. How can a new captain make anything (xp, knowledge slots, reals, dbls) if safe zones have rewards removed or drastically reduced in a safe area? And why are pvpers trying to force other people to play this game they way only pvpers want it played? Perhaps some captains want to do mostly AI, but participate in some pvp and PB activities sometimes. Just because pvpers won't engage first or go balls deep into attacking anywhere at anytime against anyone doesn't mean the pvp-only mentality should be forced upon everyone...especially newbs.

Maybe there should be a thread where hardcore pvpers can post their location so other hardcore pvpers can find them?.....maybe in the Tavern. I'll get it started. heh

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:39 PM, van der Decken said:

I'm confused. How can a new captain make anything (xp, knowledge slots, reals, dbls) if safe zones have rewards removed or drastically reduced in a safe area? And why are pvpers trying to force other people to play this game they way only pvpers want it played? Perhaps some captains want to do mostly AI, but participate in some pvp and PB activities sometimes. Just because pvpers won't engage first or go balls deep into attacking anywhere at anytime against anyone doesn't mean the pvp-only mentality should be forced upon everyone...especially newbs.

Maybe there should be a thread where hardcore pvpers can post their location so other hardcore pvpers can find them?.....maybe in the Tavern. I'll get it started. heh

The cowards don't want to fight each others, they want easy lazy kills and the only way to make it even more easy and lazy for them is to remove the zones.   They have PvP events they can go fight int, they have RvR they can do but most of them refuse to fight each other (WO vs VCO is a prime example).   I said it over and over the fastest way to get PvP is go attack a prime port you will get it, not to mention PB's are PvP.  It honestly doesn't take much to flip a port and funny how every time a weak nation does it they get swarmed and curb stomp by all these elite PvPers that are so bored and can't find a fight (they will have 2-3 nations all on one side that won't fight each other).   I mean honestly look at US, it had numbers, but hardly any skilled players cause they all tend to leave.   It has two ports left, two useless ports left pretty much.   Every time they try to take a port a timer gets changed or they meet up against half the server (not exactly but feels like it to them).  All the while our numbers continue to drop as folks loose interest in the game and go play something else cause they are sick of getting farmed and beat down.  

I asked @admin several times show us the reports of the folks that get killed the most and I bet you find many of the hardly ever get PvP kills. I had clan mates that never got a kill until we came over and got involved in the shallows a year ago.  Most of them get nothing but killed daily by the same guys over and over until they lost interest in the game or leave the nation.  That isn't how you keep a healthy game and server.   My honest opion is removing the zones is going to kill the game of what casuals they have left of those nations.  If anything we should be turning the whole Gulf into a PvE zone to encourage more players to join those nations and play the game on there own terms.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, van der Decken said:

And why are pvpers trying to force other people to play this game they way only pvpers want it played?

It offends them when players don't want to be their leisure toys.  I was always puzzled what the point was when they'd chase my empty LGVs around knowing there wasn't going to be any sort of battle when they caught me.  "PVP!" was the only answer.   Big whoop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

It offends them when players don't want to be their leisure toys.  I was always puzzled what the point was when they'd chase my empty LGVs around knowing there wasn't going to be any sort of battle when they caught me.  "PVP!" was the only answer.   Big whoop.

It's like on other games when you have the toxic players that camp spawn points, that is all they are doing.  They aren't real PvPers, they are just toxic players that stick around cause they can win that way. Any one notice most of the really really good players don't even play any more?