Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Raxius

Capital Zones

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Exactly! Those zones are ment to new, learning players, not rear admirals  who played this game for over a year and just sitting in docks waiting for sweat AI to sail to them

Some of you have the bad habit of telling others how to play in the Naval Action. Many go to the capital zones to hunt, precisely because there are novices. There are also people who devote more hours to trade than to combat and move through those areas. They are also hunted by the capital zones. If there are people who want to get bored in the PvP server hunting only AI, it is not the most appropriate site, it is true, but here the most important thing is that each one decides what they want to do with "their game". Actually these complaints come for the same, because there are very few players currently, but that is the fault of others, not the few that we still are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Christendom said:

Frankly I think the capital zones are ridiculous.  And it's even more ridiculous players can tag AI fleets there with impunity.

Nix the capital zones - Just have 1 safe zone that is reduced in size and restricts any OW battles.  Only missions.  Missions spawn only in the zones to help guide new players up the ranks.

If players want to gank AI fleets and get those oh so precious doubloons, they should sail out of the zones and engage in battles for some risk vs reward

I think lots of players are fine leaving the zone to fight Ai's. They are just less happy about those players that think it is good PvP to jump a player that alone fight maybe 6 Ai's. Stop that and you proberbly will see lot more players out of the safezone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

И тогда будут стоят куча игроков нации прям у столицы не давай новичкам из нее вылезти. Пришел ты в игру выглянул а там куча 5 рейтов врага. Ну а ты играешь 2 день. Плаваешь на приватире. И что в итоге получится, просто закрываешь игру и идешь заниматься другими делами. Это не решение просто их отменить. Нужна конкретная нация для новичков. С возможностью выйти из нее в любую нацию однократно. И не возможностью в нее вернуться. И не возможно нападать на таких игроков и нет возможности у этих игроков атаковать других.

Можно сделать ограничение что новичок не может прокачать больше 200 человек экипажа и при выходе из этой нации предупреждение о последствиях ПВП контента. И я думаю проблема будет реально решена. Можно будет убрать зеленые зоны.

-------------

And then there will be a lot of players of the nation right at the capital, do not let beginners get out of it. You came into the game and looked out there a bunch of 5 enemy raits. Well, you play 2 day. Swim in privatire. And what happens in the end, just close the game and go to do other things. It is not a solution to simply cancel them. Need a specific nation for newbies. With the ability to go out of it into any nation once. And not an opportunity to return to it. And it is not possible to attack such players and there is no possibility for these players to attack others.

You can make a restriction that a newcomer cannot pump more than 200 crew members and, upon leaving this nation, a warning about the consequences of PVP content. And I think the problem will be really solved. It will be possible to remove green areas.

Edited by Hethwill
english board; translation expected to be posted by forum user. Nonetheless, added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's not like capitals are super important, because...

• They are the trade hubs

• They give the highest profits on trading goods, consuming everything

• That's where every national player has outpost

• Often starting point for operations around home waters

• Infinite source of safety and income (incomes are exceptionally high. It's not some basic cutter shooting small AI like a normal rookie newbie, but getting best books/mods loot from AI + up to 7000 doubloons from a tiny Traders Brig/LGV traders with their hold full of goods that can be sold for decent income guess where... IN CAPITAL. 

TL;DR Capitals provide opportunity of earning millions of reals and thousands of doubloons 100%. I don't think these are the needs of new players? As we are mostly cocerned about them... 

On top of that, it's not like our historical sources mention hundreds of battles and conflicts around Jamaica, Fort Royal, Havana... it's not like capital blockades didn't exist - Charleston... Capital blockades and hunting around capitals is huge part of gaming immersion in The Caribbean and Age of Sail times. Our goal is not to destroy rookies and seals, as many believe :)

 

Dude, the "Capital Zone" is only like 10k around the faction capitals....   

We're not talking about the "reinforcement zone".

If you cant catch the prey more than 10k outside of the capital, then you're not trying very hard.

Also, for the record, the OP is based on the laziest of lazy play-styles.  You know as well as I do, since I was on when Raxius posted this, that it was just him and his buddies sitting in their Stalinium SOL's right outside of Charleston wondering why players with inferior equipment and skills weren't tagging them.  

Dont be so effing lazy, Raxius...  Sail around a bit.  Don't expect everyone to bring a fight to you just how you want it.

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the low pop.

Easy solution would be no enemy AI going into reinforcement zones.

yes and no enemy AI going into a friendly port.  all guys have to sail out of the port and not waiting at the docks or fort

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make ports outside of the safezone consume more then.

Create more regionalised hubs etc. Taking away safezones will only damage pop numbers.

Stop ganking and you'll find folks are willing to give you an even fight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched US, Swede and French (out of New Orleans) sit within the capital zone and in reach of the forts and tag AI fleets over and over, including traders in big boy ships.  Probably getting loads of doubloons in the process.  Zero risk.  No one can join.  Meanwhile the rest of us schmucks who get dubs via PVP have to go out and risk ships for lower payouts and no guarantee of getting home with the loot or your ship.  Point being, the risk vs reward in this game is all kinds of messed up.  We sunk the better part of a 5300 BR port battle fleet at portillo a couple nights ago and we got less doubloons than one of our screeners outside tagging AI ships in his LGV refit in the same hour and a half.  It's a joke.  The fact that rear admirals can sit outside the capital in a vic and tag AI tbrigs for loot is equally absurd. 

No capital zones.  Make safe zones entirely safe, smaller and make the new player missions spawn in them for absolute protection.  If players want to sink AI fleets in the zone the battles need to either stay open for longer than 2 mins OR we need to remove OW battles completely from the safe zones to force players outside of them.  We used to have a system where players who opened missions in the safe zone had them open for 10 mins and players who ventured out of the zones had theirs close in 3 mins.  This seemed like a fair trade off of risk vs reward to me.  Unsure why it was changed.  

More players will of course help fix this (and many other) problems, but we need to rework the safe zones to make sure those new players stick around long enough.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen new players join Prussia and do just fine.  They learn to play without reinforcement zones.  Just get rid of them (the zones..).  Put a note on the Peace Server log in that this is where you start if you want to learn in safety.  The reinforcement zones enable lazy play. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I've watched US, Swede and French (out of New Orleans) sit within the capital zone and in reach of the forts and tag AI fleets over and over, including traders in big boy ships.  Probably getting loads of doubloons in the process.  Zero risk.  No one can join.  Meanwhile the rest of us schmucks who get dubs via PVP have to go out and risk ships for lower payouts and no guarantee of getting home with the loot or your ship.  Point being, the risk vs reward in this game is all kinds of messed up.  We sunk the better part of a 5300 BR port battle fleet at portillo a couple nights ago and we got less doubloons than one of our screeners outside tagging AI ships in his LGV refit in the same hour and a half.  It's a joke.  The fact that rear admirals can sit outside the capital in a vic and tag AI tbrigs for loot is equally absurd. 

No capital zones.  Make safe zones entirely safe, smaller and make the new player missions spawn in them for absolute protection.  If players want to sink AI fleets in the zone the battles need to either stay open for longer than 2 mins OR we need to remove OW battles completely from the safe zones to force players outside of them.  We used to have a system where players who opened missions in the safe zone had them open for 10 mins and players who ventured out of the zones had theirs close in 3 mins.  This seemed like a fair trade off of risk vs reward to me.  Unsure why it was changed.  

More players will of course help fix this (and many other) problems, but we need to rework the safe zones to make sure those new players stick around long enough.

Ahhh if only common sense prevailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I would clear all reinforcement and especially capital zones of foreign AI, except 6 and 7th rates for beginners. 

Someones said it already, if the trade patch hits, perhaps we will see a change. 

Especially in the western hemisphere of the map (antilles and dutch lands) the zones are crowded with foreign AI. Therefore no reasons to leave the zones. Okay no 3rds till 1sts in the upper and central antilles but nontheless, why would someone sail out if there are fleets of 10+ frigs to be killed. 

When I sail through Gustavia, Christiansted or Fort Royal area I have a huge ball of disgust rising up my oesophagus as this represents exactly the opposite of what we have on the description of war server. 

No we shouldn't force players to play a certain style. For me this argument is surpassed by: we should disable the PvE only style on war server. Make people sail.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New ai spawn mechanics ruined GB due to being Jamaica Island = zero enemy AI around island. But for example La Habana, I see lots of enemy ai ships including battleships and traders, making life even more easier for them. I think it is also good for USA.

So this ai spawn mechanics, what was the purpose ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Dude, the "Capital Zone" is only like 10k around the faction capitals....   

We're not talking about the "reinforcement zone".

If you cant catch the prey more than 10k outside of the capital, then you're not trying very hard.

Also, for the record, the OP is based on the laziest of lazy play-styles.  You know as well as I do, since I was on when Raxius posted this, that it was just him and his buddies sitting in their Stalinium SOL's right outside of Charleston wondering why players with inferior equipment and skills weren't tagging them.  

Dont be so effing lazy, Raxius...  Sail around a bit.  Don't expect everyone to bring a fight to you just how you want it.

^^ This. 

Go sail around Tortue in your TZ...lots of Prussians and French and even Brits around in North American TZ... easy to find PVP. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gus said:

Well I sailed outside CTon Harbor up and down  --- gap to gap --- rats followed us around never tagging us.  I then got on top of Raxus and spun my boat around and Detroit got on and spun his boat the other way … no one tagged us... So I sat out side for a while and still no tag … I went into port for a hour then came out heading to Brunswick and 3 ai French ships were in the harbor I tagged them for xp.  after done went to Brunswick and tagged 2 more ships along the way for xp …. if someone wanted a fight all they had to do was tag us and start the battle … Raxus choose not to do so... A battle didn't happen because he chose not to fight ????? 

… oh and I did not take any of the goodies off the sank ships in the CTon Harbor (as I was only after xp … I let the ships to be salvaged by the newbees (who had joined my battle) … I would suggest that Rasux has no idea what he is talking about ...

 

That argument makes Rax's point because you still never left your reinforcement zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gus said:

Well I sailed outside CTon Harbor up and down  --- gap to gap --- rats followed us around never tagging us.  I then got on top of Raxus and spun my boat around and Detroit got on and spun his boat the other way … no one tagged us... So I sat out side for a while and still no tag … I went into port for a hour then came out heading to Brunswick and 3 ai French ships were in the harbor I tagged them for xp.  after done went to Brunswick and tagged 2 more ships along the way for xp …. if someone wanted a fight all they had to do was tag us and start the battle … Raxus choose not to do so... A battle didn't happen because he chose not to fight ????? 

… oh and I did not take any of the goodies off the sank ships in the CTon Harbor (as I was only after xp … I let the ships to be salvaged by the newbees (who had joined my battle) … I would suggest that Rasux has no idea what he is talking about ...

 

PVE?  You're bragging about doing PVE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

New ai spawn mechanics ruined GB due to being Jamaica Island = zero enemy AI around island. But for example La Habana, I see lots of enemy ai ships including battleships and traders, making life even more easier for them. I think it is also good for USA.

So this ai spawn mechanics, what was the purpose ???

Thats very good.  You have to sail out 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
43 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Thats very good.  You have to sail out  

Xmas sale gain 40.02% but already that's in decline (steam chart), most likely those new players, something wrong with “You have to sail out”.

@AeRoTR is trying to point this out.

The situation is not "good", at all.

 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advanced PvPers complaining about not being able to hunt near capitals? Why don't all you advanced captains meet up against each other somewhere? Or are all of you on the same team all the time?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Advanced PvPers complaining about not being able to hunt near capitals? Why don't all you advanced captains meet up against each other somewhere? Or are all of you on the same team all the time?

You mean conquest, raiding each other water and basically trying to sink the rival clans ships wherever they may be found |? Too much to ask lad, too much. :( 

This is clanwars now... not national pride. Whatever that means...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Galt said:

But it is a problem because there is a low pop. I think a good middle ground is anything Post Captain and above just can't tag AI in r zones. If it's meant for new players, why not let those players be the only ones that get any use out of it?

Incorrect.  The reinforcement zone was meant to stop the toxic capital camping by players such as yourself.   It's just stupid when you can't even use your supposed "capital" because there's always an enemy gank fleet always sitting right outside the harbor encouraging everyone to quit the game. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Palatinose said:

Especially in the western hemisphere of the map (antilles and dutch lands) the zones are crowded with foreign AI. Therefore no reasons to leave the zones. Okay no 3rds till 1sts in the upper and central antilles but nontheless, why would someone sail out if there are fleets of 10+ frigs to be killed. 

When I sail through Gustavia, Christiansted or Fort Royal area I have a huge ball of disgust rising up my oesophagus as this represents exactly the opposite of what we have on the description of war server. 

No we shouldn't force players to play a certain style. For me this argument is surpassed by: we should disable the PvE only style on war server. Make people sail.

I remember right after the big change to the AI distribution there were rarely any foreign AI around Gustavia, and if you find AI they're almost always the wrong kind of AI to attack in whatever ship you happen to be in anyway.  I haven't been around Gustavia in months because there was nothing to attack to grind XP there, but did the AI fleets around Gustavia change a lot after Hat and Baai changed hands?  

The problem with "make people sail" is most players rarely have hours at a time to be in game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair point. But if one of your outposts is in a border port, you don't need hours. You need minutes, in the War server.

On the Peace server is somewhat harsher but can logoff wherever I want with no danger and continue the next day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Christoph said:

Thats very good.  You have to sail out 

Why don't Spanish need to sail out ? or Pirates ? , why only British where major population of newbies starting the game...

Do not worry Brits are sailing out, check NA map, look at the British Flag on the ports. I like Las Tortugas, what about you :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the low pop.

Easy solution would be no enemy AI going into reinforcement zones.

Could make the missions not give ships with loot of Doubloons if they are pulled in the green zones.  Doubloons should only be on ships that you kill in OW.   

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

You mean conquest, raiding each other water and basically trying to sink the rival clans ships wherever they may be found |? Too much to ask lad, too much. :( 

This is clanwars now... not national pride. Whatever that means...

You mean what all these so called Hard core PvPers hardly ever do?  When was the last time we seen some of these guys attack each other ports?   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You mean what all these so called Hard core PvPers hardly ever do?  When was the last time we seen some of these guys attack each other ports? 

Not my place to tell them what to do :) Just wishful thinking sarcasm.

I am a nation man, albeit clans within a nation serve a purpose as each one has its own operational mode.

But just wishful thinking of a nation based wargame sir, nothing else. You are right of course. The metagame did win - bypass logistical challenges with alts is easier than Conquest :) just to state a example.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...