Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Raxius

Capital Zones

Recommended Posts

I have taken some time out of the game in the last few months and have returned following several patches. I understand new players need space to grow however to many times are capital zones exploited. A change needs to happen on the "capital zone" mechanics.

It is unrealistic for hostile warships to sail in and out of capital zones and this leaves it possible for all nations to exploit because pvpers cannot enter battles in capital zones. If this was the only issue then I could live with that however certain nations are physically refusing to leave capital zones in order to pve safely (rear admirals with hours and hours of experience).

This is supposed to be a pvp server and I really feel the devs need to change something to prevent players exploiting the capital zones.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people didn't feel the need to "hunt" in  Capital zones there wouldn't be an issue, no?

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

If people didn't feel the need to "hunt" in  Capital zones there wouldn't be an issue, no?

 

If people actually left the capital zones, then there would be no need to hunt around them

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

If people didn't feel the need to "hunt" in  Capital zones there wouldn't be an issue, no?

 

Exactly! Those zones are ment to new, learning players, not rear admirals  who played this game for over a year and just sitting in docks waiting for sweat AI to sail to them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Callaghan92 said:

If people actually left the capital zones, then there would be no need to hunt around them

WTF do you care what other players choose to do?   If they want to hit AI traders, that's their business...

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly I think the capital zones are ridiculous.  And it's even more ridiculous players can tag AI fleets there with impunity.

Nix the capital zones - Just have 1 safe zone that is reduced in size and restricts any OW battles.  Only missions.  Missions spawn only in the zones to help guide new players up the ranks.

If players want to gank AI fleets and get those oh so precious doubloons, they should sail out of the zones and engage in battles for some risk vs reward

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is, everything is focused towards capitals. Safe zone, taking trade goods and because of this, PvP players get attracted there because they know thats where all the players are. Ive done three 2 hours sails around the map looking for PvP not to find anyone in the last 2 days. So you can't blame PvP players for sitting outside capitals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hammy said:

The problem is, everything is focused towards capitals. Safe zone, taking trade goods and because of this, PvP players get attracted there because they know thats where all the players are. Ive done three 2 hours sails around the map looking for PvP not to find anyone in the last 2 days. So you can't blame PvP players for sitting outside capitals.

I can sit in Patrol zone for 4 hours 8-12pm eastern time and spam my coords in global - no-one shows up 😧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hammy said:

The problem is, everything is focused towards capitals. Safe zone, taking trade goods and because of this, PvP players get attracted there because they know thats where all the players are. Ive done three 2 hours sails around the map looking for PvP not to find anyone in the last 2 days. So you can't blame PvP players for sitting outside capitals.

Hopefully the new trading mechanic will pull traders away from capital zones, however I agree that so long as only certain ports "consume" goods and others do not, pvp'ers will always gravitate towards those ports. Maybe make smaller ports consume specific goods, give incentives to sail elsewhere? It would also make trading much more dynamic and realistic, since all ports would consume and produce something, economically speaking. 

Edited by Psycho3630
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psycho3630 said:

Hopefully the new trading mechanic will pull traders away from capital zones, however I agree that so long as only certain ports "consume" goods and others do not, pvp'ers will always gravitate towards those ports. Maybe make smaller ports consume specific goods, give incentives to sail elsewhere? It would also make trading much more dynamic

Exactly, if there were more ports that consumed goods it would spread traders out and you could actually probably go hunting on your own, therefore "bump" into another PvP player looking for traders and oh look you may have a 1v1 lol. 

 

This wont happen until they sort out the drop rate of all the trade goods atm!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Exactly, if there were more ports that consumed goods it would spread traders out and you could actually probably go hunting on your own, therefore "bump" into another PvP player looking for traders and oh look you may have a 1v1 lol. 

 

This wont happen until they sort out the drop rate of all the trade goods atm!!

I couldn't agree more. trade is far too centralized. Trade becomes more dynamic and pvp becomes more of a cat-and-mouse hunting game (as it was irl with most ship engagements) with separating consumption and production. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also want more traders out in open world, cancel the option to be able to place buy contracts on trade resources... its that simple.Getting off topic so my bad

 

Edited by Hammy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Raxius said:

0CE539D195BB8D58CD18B9A21495D99F6DECBC59

 

I have sat here for over 4 hours watching this occur repeatedly.

time to find a new hunting ground it seems. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always ganked in Green/Capitals zone by AI AND Players, nothin' on "free zone" 'till on solo Snow #NOGREENZONE

Let Green zone only for low level captains (hard against alts :/)

Edited by Nick the cursed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I sailed outside CTon Harbor up and down  --- gap to gap --- rats followed us around never tagging us.  I then got on top of Raxus and spun my boat around and Detroit got on and spun his boat the other way … no one tagged us... So I sat out side for a while and still no tag … I went into port for a hour then came out heading to Brunswick and 3 ai French ships were in the harbor I tagged them for xp.  after done went to Brunswick and tagged 2 more ships along the way for xp …. if someone wanted a fight all they had to do was tag us and start the battle … Raxus choose not to do so... A battle didn't happen because he chose not to fight ????? 

… oh and I did not take any of the goodies off the sank ships in the CTon Harbor (as I was only after xp … I let the ships to be salvaged by the newbees (who had joined my battle) … I would suggest that Rasux has no idea what he is talking about ...

 

Edited by gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Before patch 27 capitals with safe zones were humming with players, so too pvp and realm… go figure!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The result of a few things.
1.No to little reason for people to leave these zones, repair limits, outpost limits and general lack of access prevent people from leaving their capital waters.
2.Few pvp opportunities outside of these populated areas are causing people to migrate to them to hunt, causing a conflicting zone where the zone is meant for new players to learn, and old players to chillax, yet being almost a place for neither.
3.General state of PVP and pvp balance where people will actually take any fight they can get, not exactly looking for a good one (will sit outside for hours of a capital zone, begging someone to tag them and complain on the state of affairs of that nation)

It's somewhat self destructive to have these zones, but only because there is no alternative population-wise, and mutually agreed warfare only really happens in PB's and in some case Patrols. Other than that it's the same old problem of searching hours for pvp when you could just go to the enemy capital and WAIT hours for pvp. It's a lose-lose in my eyes, this isn't a net gain in enjoyment for either sides because they both suffer for some pvp.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We want new players and old players to stay. They need somewhere to be left alone from gankers. I prefere that they stay on this server, where they at some point can join PvP if they want and not go to PvE server. You guys need more players in your time zone to help with the issues your all mentioning in this thread, not less.

And your many here complaining about lack of PvP, maybe you guys should try to do a patrol event on the same time? So you fight players who actually want to do PvP.. :P 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raxius said:

I have taken some time out of the game in the last few months and have returned following several patches. I understand new players need space to grow however to many times are capital zones exploited. A change needs to happen on the "capital zone" mechanics.

It is unrealistic for hostile warships to sail in and out of capital zones and this leaves it possible for all nations to exploit because pvpers cannot enter battles in capital zones. If this was the only issue then I could live with that however certain nations are physically refusing to leave capital zones in order to pve safely (rear admirals with hours and hours of experience).

This is supposed to be a pvp server and I really feel the devs need to change something to prevent players exploiting the capital zones.

COME to navase there is no capital zone. stop farming the window lickers up in Charleston. or perhaps we will come see you up there one night and break your blockade.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the low pop.

Easy solution would be no enemy AI going into reinforcement zones.

But it is a problem because there is a low pop. I think a good middle ground is anything Post Captain and above just can't tag AI in r zones. If it's meant for new players, why not let those players be the only ones that get any use out of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Easy solution would be no enemy AI going into reinforcement zones.

This is already controlled by the player population. If we where not taking ports right next the their safe zone, there would be less enemy fleets sailing in to it.. 🤣 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galt said:

But it is a problem because there is a low pop. I think a good middle ground is anything Post Captain and above just can't tag AI in r zones. If it's meant for new players, why not let those players be the only ones that get any use out of it?

The short reason is pop. If all abouth flag can't, my guess most of them proberbly just wouldn't play. rather have them on the server than not. But I would be fine with no reinforcement zone at all. The Truth anybody abouth a flag captains is partly stupid for hunting Ai's in capitol area. Look at the map, It is so big. Plenty of places to hunt AI's safely. Where do all PvP go. Yep capitol. I have lost more ships in capitol area, than any other places around the map,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...