Game-Labs Forum

In-Game Bounty System

2 minutes ago, Thonys said:

when after a fight with a certain captain you can pay 1000 doubloons on that attacker captain,(only when you are attacked )

and when you encounter (or a member of your own clan) that same captain again: your crew gets a morale bonus of 10 % on that particular captain. (only usable when boarding) for morale in boarding,  and

5 % better aiming and reloading at the guns for just 1 fight. (fight harder for the 25% bonus)

in this example, the bounty hunted captain (with the bounty on his head has a disadvantage ) (he knows he has a negative against a certain player) and will look for another captain to fight against. 

That's a terrible idea, lol.  So you beat me in a fight...I can pay some reals and if I can get you in combat again, I get an advantage??  Why do I deserve an advantage? 

33 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

That's a terrible idea, lol.  So you beat me in a fight...I can pay some reals and if I can get you in combat again, I get an advantage??  Why do I deserve an advantage? 

no, you attacked me in a fight,      and i pay doubloons. (on your head) (you can not put the bounty on my head as an attacker)

other captains of the same clan get 25% of the bounty i put on your head. 

for one fight against the same clan you have no disadvantage in moral or anything else 

but the same clan but other  member gets a + on moral and aiming for 5%  (because of the bounty put on your head)

perhaps now you will disengage and/  or run away against certain clan member and look for someone else (evading bounty for a certain clan member/  or not risking the advantage the other captain has)

when 10  same clan members in 1 fight , put a bounty (total 10 x 1000 =10.000 doubloons ) on you in a  single battle, and in the next battle, one of the same clan members gets you sunk in a 1vs1 he gets 2500 doubloons as a bonus from the Admiralty. (after the fight and bounty payout the bounty is completely fulfilled)

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, admin said:

bounties are a great idea in theory but wont work in practice - they are exploited easily making bounties a useless feature. 
You place a bounty of 1000000 doubloons on someones head. He asks a friend to sink him, splitting the bounty. He is happy - you are unhappy. 
It should be in reverse. The person with the bounty should be scared. 

The only way to make bounties work as intended is rank loss or full player loss (hanged on a pier). But it is impossible, as community wont accept such feature.

I remeber many a moons ago Hartz (UWS/SOL) was all pissed in global chat at WarlordSquid and put out a 1 million dollar bounty.  Within 10 mins I had sunk him in battle with it recorded and screen shot, "FRIENDLY FIRE OK, GREEN ON GREEN ALLOWED."  We had Warlord coming out of Tumbado in store bought ships letting folks sink him to collect on the bounty as Hartz said, "I'll pay any one that sinks him......"  Not to the first person.  We where trying to get his debt way up there above what he could pay by having folks collect on it.  So yah it could very easly be abused by like you said getting a friend to sink and collect.

Now what I would  love to see is a reputation system where you get a boost to xp/gold for sinking some one with a bad reputation vs your nation.  Some one that sinks mainly Spanish ships will give a boost to any Spanish player that sinks them.  Basically the more hated you become with one nation or other the better rewards they get for sinking that player.  Though it also effects the use of those ports, high enough bad reputation you can't even use the port when it's open to all for trade.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Now what I would  love to see is a reputation system where you get a boost to xp/gold for sinking some one with a bad reputation vs your nation.  Some one that sinks mainly Spanish ships will give a boost to any Spanish player that sinks them.  Basically the more hated you become with one nation or other the better rewards they get for sinking that player.  Though it also effects the use of those ports, high enough bad reputation you can't even use the port when it's open to all for trade.

I like this suggestion. We already have a sort of bounty system in that you receive a reward for killing or assisting in a PvP kill, if this reward was increased based on the number of kills they had against your nation then it would give more incentive for people to go after them. But such a system would need some way of making them identifiable in OW so you would know it would be a high value target. At the moment you get the same reward for sinking someone like Ram or Banished as you would for sinking some new inexperienced player.

With such a system you would need the reputation to increase as they killed members of your nation and reduce each time they are killed. In such a system even though it could be exploited to a certain extent by letting a friend in that nation kill you, it would be limited as the reputation would drop the more times they were killed, and knowing what some of these players are like they would not like their reputation to drop especially if there was a nation leader board showing the most notorious players for killing that nations players. I am sure some players would even try to appear on every other nations notorious list.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I like the idea. Especially that reputation (I used to call it 'renown' in another thread) is nation specific. 

Reputation should be the reward for sinking enemy players, enemy npcs, port battle participation, port battle wins. Reputation is the currency you need with admiralty to attain permits and upgrades. Then you can merge all other currencies into only one monetary currency and clean up that mess at the same time. There should be no monetary reward for sinking ships. 

8 hours ago, admin said:

bounties are a great idea in theory but wont work in practice - they are exploited easily making bounties a useless feature. 
You place a bounty of 1000000 doubloons on someones head. He asks a friend to sink him, splitting the bounty. He is happy - you are unhappy. 
It should be in reverse. The person with the bounty should be scared. 

The only way to make bounties work as intended is rank loss or full player loss (hanged on a pier). But it is impossible, as community wont accept such feature.

Rank or % XP loss for an advanced player with elite gold ship and elite upgrades and full knowledge slots verse a ship loss, upgrades loss, materials loss, knowledge slot stagnation for a less advanced player. There could be a better balance. Banaished has a better idea than my OP....keep it silent. But allow us to place bounties paying for it in advance. Leave it to the poster of bounty to inform other players. If it is fulfilled by any player, then he gets the bounty reward. Set the bounties to expire after 7 days, then the poster is refunded and notified it was not completed.

Perhaps in accordance with my OP, we could at least post bounties in missions tab upon nations? This could be a replacement the old politics patch.

7 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

@admin What if bounties information will not be public? What if the email about bounty you receive after sinking the player? Example:

"You've just killed Liquicity who had a 1 million reals bounty placed on his head! You received the money in your wallet". 

That way people can reward others for sinking players they don't like or just want to reward better for killing them. They can also share bounty information with friends and inner circles. Player with the bounty on his head won't know unless someone tells him. 

Second suggestion: temporary bounty tied to ship. PvP players usually good ships with good upgrades. Example:

Ram Dinark killed 4 Dutch at Willemstad. He is using gold quality Bellona. Dutch place 10 million reals bounty on his Bellona (until he goes back to port). If no one kills Dinark and he safely returns to the port, bounty is cancelled. Money returns to the people that placed the bounty. 

These ideas avoid making deals with other players to split the bounty profits. 

@Banished Privateer someone knows something...lol

• Like 1