Game-Labs Forum

Bounty Contractor (DLC)

This would allow you to put a bounty ( maybe up to 10 at a time ) of your choosing on a target similar to a shop contract. To avoid abuse the target would not be the player but the ship, with two options available: "capture and return" or "destroy".  The target ships' captain would be notified and some marker put next to his name. 

If someone took your ship you could then put a bounty on the ship he stole to be returned to you or a bounty to destroy his ship or even both. If there are multiple "capture and return" bounties on a ship, the bounty hunter can choose, which one he wants to fulfill ( highest bid, closest delivery port or even favour to a friend may play a role).

If you put a "destroy" bounty on a ship, obviously the owner could simply have a mate or alt sink it for the bounty, so the value of the bounty should be considered. If someone gets sunk by a shop ship and feels the need to put whatever bounty on it, it is his choice. Renown PvP players are most likely sailing somewhat valuable ships and would be worth hunting with a valuable enough bounty. If they choose to sail shop ships instead they will most likely not accumulate big bounties and be easier to take down.

Why did I suggest this as possible DLC? This could very well be a base game feature but it would also be an opportunity for a non pay2win DLC, rather than more DLC ships or other purchasable advantages that mess with balance.

I think one way or another we really need bounties or a reputation system, better yet both. This is just one way it could be done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Sure but why DLC when there's cosmetics?

Could very well be a base game addition aswell as I mentioned already. I am just afraid of the addition of more DLC ships or other borderline pay2win additions, which I don't view as a good idea.