Game-Labs Forum

Deliberate Griefing/Trolling

I don't know if this is tribunal worthy or not, I expect I will be told they are allowed to do this, but they shouldn't be:

Went to French area in Bellona, no fight
Headed home and tagged a TBrig otw to get a few dubs. 2 BC's enter the battle and keep me in for over 30 mins!
I asked really nicely for them to leave and they refused, it is surely impossible for 2 BC's to sink a Bellona unless DC or AFK (even then it would take ages!). 

I understand that they can enter if its a pve battle. Why? They have unlimited reps and they are free ships. They should be excluded from any pvp at all unless tagged themselves or someone enters a battle they are already in.

What's worse is that they say they do this all the time and were bragging about how there was nothing I could do to stop them. In the end i was forced to have to bother to sink them. Ridiculous. I got no reward at all obviously.

The Trolls were:

(GROG) Nachiro
(GROG) Dugay Truin

(GROG) Nachiro then chased me in a herc. He did fight for a little bit. I think he was trying to prove a point but utterly failed. He soon ran and I sank him anyway, (although he may have DC'd at the very end i'm not sure). With most of his structure gone and 60% sails he is probably still faster upwind, which really doesn't help. 

He had no mods. I got 200 doubloons. He got absolutely nowhere near sinking/boarding me. I did rum once (just to load guns quicker, I didn't really have to) and I rig repped to catch him at the end. The whole waste of time was over an hour not one moment of which was in any way enjoyable.

Risk/Reward is the fundamental basis for any mmo surely?. He risked absolutely nothing yet managed to waste an hour of my time.

This is probably allowed, but there is no doubt in my mind their main motivation for playing is to annoy other players with no risk to themsleves. They are certainly not playing the game in a way that has any benefit or provides any meaningful content for other players. That should be reason enough for tribunal imo. (There was a lot more convo than this but my later screenshot didn't capture for some reason).

cutters.thumb.jpg.b3c2f9fe677b5ef12dc2795907239173.jpgHerc.thumb.jpg.003bd5d2c5a474af42f7089da18f81a3.jpg

• Like 4

Basic cutters should not be able to enter any battles, even those started as PvE-battles. I haven't been to the patrols for ages, but I remember them being a great annoyance there too. When all players are in basic cutters, so you have to resort to attack AI to get something to do, but then all the basic cutters come into your battle...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Thanks to these players we will soon say hello to circle of death in every battle :) Trolling will stop, tears will flow.

Yep, might be time to shelf those books and make 5 slot standard for ships, bring back officers because no one is bothering grinding these for PvP.

3 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Yep, might be time to shelf those books and make 5 slot standard for ships, bring back officers because no one is bothering grinding these for PvP.

😂😂😂 That has nothing to do with this thread and is completely wrong as you where told many many times. It's like a running gag.

• Like 3

Its griefing for sure with the BCs.  I agree with previous posts that they shouldn't be allowed to join battles. Let them only tag AI and not join anything ongoing.  That's for the noobs to practice.  Different story for the Herc though.  I've tagged bigger ships (in my Herc) on the off chance that they're poorly handled or under-crewed, but I don't stick around if they look like they know what they're doing.  I don't consider that to be griefing.  This guy seems to have had the intent only to delay Hulla and should face a consequence for intentional griefing. 

• Like 2