Game-Labs Forum

I know everyone wanted realistic weather/storms and I have to admit that the Devs did a great job with them, but is it worth it?  Looks great for sure and helps immersion immensely, but they're too long and too big.  Its incredibly painful to try and hunt when one of these huge storms is passing through.  I feel that it takes away from the fun as the vis is very low.  Looks great, absolutely, but it hurts game play IMHO.

I've heard people complain about storms, so I've kept track of the frequency and duration.

The weather is mostly nonstorm.  They do not occur every day or even every week.  The duration is usually hours of in game time, seldom do they last all day.

I like variable weather, sunny, grey, fair and stormy.

I hope the storms continue, and weather is not continuously fair.   It would be like neverending daytime just to make hunting easier.

• Like 7

Wind speeds do not change. Current is non-existing. Wave height does not change. Wind direction is going in regular circles. This is not a weather system, it is a constant environment with just some visual effects. 

Please, do not take away the clouds and the rain, but add more weather effects. 

• Like 3

There is currently a bug that allows for full visibility in storms that should actually be patched out. I don't have an issue with the current rate at which storms happen, but I am in the camp that believes they should be more treacherous for anyone that's in them and everyone out to be hard pressed to sail in them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, van Veen said:

Wind speeds do not change. Current is non-existing. Wave height does not change. Wind direction is going in regular circles. This is not a weather system, it is a constant environment with just some visual effects. 

Please, do not take away the clouds and the rain, but add more weather effects. 

I 've been advocating for this for a long time. There should be consequences to your ship if you sail through a storm on full sails too. At this point I'll be waiting for the single player game for a full weather effects, sigh. 😢

• Like 2

Weather is just one of things things that should be utilized to it's max potential I feel. There's nothing worse than a bad storm at sea, but if there was no risk then there would be no satisfaction. I can only remember one occasion where I was in a storm battle, but it seems some days the rain is non stop for hours in one area.

• Like 1