Game-Labs Forum

Epic Event Crap Loot

I don't know to be honest...  epic events are barely about skill, they are fairly easy, if you are properly organized. High risk is only for teams that are poorly organized or don't communicate properly. In my opinion PvP events should give the highest rewards.

• Like 2

The golden chest should drop more of the good stuff, no doubt. British gunners alone is not bad drop for sinking a random ship in OW, but this should not drop from a golden chest. Stuff like this is not worth risking 6x 1. rates. Only elite/master/rare permanent upgrades should drop from gold chests imo along with rare books. 
I like getting the ship notes, but getting permits for line ships is not valuable enough. Imo gold chest should not drop permits, only drop ship notes for all ship classes. Getting a Victory note insted of a permit would be a massive improvement! 

And there should be more Epic chest! No point naming a chest an epic chest if it is not truly EPIC, so it needs a drop buff for sure. But I have done 20-30 epic events and never gotten a epic chest :( So I would like a better chance for epic chest drop in addition to gold chest in the epic events. I have never ever gotten an epic chest, so I'm not sure how much better it is than the golden chest, but I feel epic chest = epic reward and in this game that = rare uncraftable ships and ship paints.

Golden chest drop: 1 elite/master permanent upgrade, x amount of resources to make upgrades (copper ingot, cartagena tar, etc), ship note, and a rare skill book.

Epic chest drop: Paint, Rare ship note, 1 elite/master permanent upgrade, x amount of resources to make upgrades (copper ingot, cartagena tar, etc), ship note, and a rare skill book.

This loot would be worth risking 1. rates for imo. Our ships are made from hard to get woods, that require +50K dobloons to craft 6x 1. rates and the upgrades we have on those ships are not easy to get either. 

• Like 6

I agree that epic events should drop some good loot in epic chests. But in an organized group they are relatively easy compared with the risk of PvP or the time sink to loot rare stuff from OW ships. In PvP you get almost nothing. Maybe a good ship, but most ships you get there are crap.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 2

My personal opinion - Epics are obsolete and should be merged into the Group missions that supposedly coming.

Let anyone take missions to their heart desire, define their difficulty and enjoy the Chest, Silver chests, Gold chests and uber Chests at will in both War and Peace.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

Have the missions have the loot, and make Group missions more demanding and have the most loot ( obviously ). 

That's my opinion. Now you can give yours. Thanks a ton.

but what would the point of epic events be if they just added them to missions? then you could do them all day. with the way epic events are today, you got to locate them first and that's half the fun or not. I appreciate you allowing us mere mortals the opportunity to express our opinions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Donjuan Dimarco said:

Hello Devs,

yesterday we did an epic event. I got two golden chests which bore:

. british gunners, ceramic grenades and other crappy loot I don't want to mention.

I think the risk and benefit are not matching at all. Why are you demotivating your community?

Cheers Don Juan

rewards are ok but indeed could be better. 
Hold on - rewards rebalance will come a bit later. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, admin said:

rewards are ok but indeed could be better. 
Hold on - rewards rebalance will come a bit later. 

i agree with the rest here, epic event should be the high end content for pve players, advice gold chests on all and small drop chance for epic chest.

Going abit ot but still pve related, but could there be a possibility to add "Treasure fleets"? say there is an indiaman fleet with 24 fleet ships, you know 10 of those are fully loaded ai indiamans, but 15 of those are AI Epic Event lineships where rumours has been told that in 5 days a treasure fleet will leave port x traveling to port y, think it would be awesome for the whole community to create such a gauntlet.

Edited by Guest

I said this before.  The 9 ships should have the 9 chest as normal.  The epic gold chest should be redeemed not on one of the ships. So that if you sink 6-9 ships no matter what every one even though that sunk gets a reward chest for doing the missions.  No one wants to risk a very expensive ship for crappy rewards and unfair split of rewards.  You get 9 chest you have to split between 6 players....that isn't exactly fair and can cause some shady greedy actions too.   

• Like 1