Game-Labs Forum

Have the exam rewards changed recently?

Aldeveron

I just did the first 4 exams, and was expecting to be promoted to M&C and find a Rattlesnake note, but neither one happened. I got promoted to 1st Lieutenant only. Have they changed it recently?

What rank do I get promoted to, if I pass the final exam?

TIA..

Edited by Aldeveron

24 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Final Exam = M&C and Rattle Note and Herc Note and Clock and reps + reals. The Endurance also gives some stuff, pretty sure, but not as many as the Final.

Thanks for the reply. Ah, so they did change it! (We used to get M&C rank and a Rattler note for passing the Endurance Exam).

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't recall such rewards for Endurance, pretty sure they were always a part of Final Exam.

I can definitely confirm that a few months ago,  I was given M&C rank and a Rattlesnake note upon passing the first four exams.

1 hour ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

The rewards are only awarded once for the steam account.

Ah, that may be the issue! (Some months ago, I got the Rattlesnake note and M&C rank, upon completing the first four exams, when I was playing under a different name (but same Steam account. )

I never did the final exam before though. Will I get any rewards if I now pass the final exam?

Edited by Aldeveron

49 minutes ago, Aldeveron said:

Ah, that may be the issue! (Some months ago, I got the Rattlesnake note and M&C rank, upon completing the first four exams, when I was playing under a different name (but same Steam account. )

I never did the final exam before though. Will I get any rewards if I now pass the final exam?

Yes

58 minutes ago, Aldeveron said:

As it currently stands, completing the four basic exams gets you to first lieutenant (or the respective rank of any other nation), a Rattlesnake note, and some reals plus repairs and rum (not sure how many, too long ago, I think about 500/500/1500).

Completing the final exam brings you up to Master & Commander (280 Crew maximum), and you get a Hercules note, a Naval Clock permanent upgrade, some more reals and I think 1500 Hull and Rig Repairs each and a few thousand Rum. Again the numbers might be wrong because I did it wa while ago and memory of that has faded, the general order of magnitude should be about right though.

• Like 1