Game-Labs Forum

Pablo Frias + capitan pufi

8 minutes ago, Christoph said:

then you have to do that with half of the players

i was in so many battles and the guys wasnt fighting. only hold me in battle. I never did a tribunal.  a few months ago was nobody talking about griefing! its was always in game. 

well i doesent seem like a warning is a big deal

Captains, 

Let me remind you that due to constant "gaming the game" attitudes exactly like the one that was described in this Tribunal thread the following discussion was initiated.

There's no kings and pawns, only willing victims in all the dramas resulting from your actions.

So, I suggest you weight well the common good versus the personal gain and participate in a global solution.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christoph said:

i think the biggist problem is that we make rules only in the forum but nobody can read the rules in game. half of the players are not active in forum

you can make it 80% are not active on the forum.

it needs an advertisement campaign 

how many times do you heart the same question over and over again ...to many i believe.

4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

i think the biggist problem is that we make rules only in the forum but nobody can read the rules in game. half of the players are not active in forum

You misunderstand.

Discussion >>>> It is meant to be a mechanic. Whether we like it or not.

( on a personal level i find amazing so many "renowned commanders" such as yourselves strive with bending mechanics and provoking drama instead of enjoying the game to the fullest )

Have a good day and let's hope, for the global good, that devs implement the next level of fairness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

You misunderstand.

Discussion >>>> It is meant to be a mechanic. Whether we like it or not.

( on a personal level i find amazing so many "renowned commanders" such as yourselves strive with bending mechanics and provoking drama instead of enjoying the game to the fullest )

Have a good day and let's hope, for the global good, that devs implement the next level of fairness.

i already proposed a roe mechanic that would give players a "you get what you see" entry in battle and people cant hyperjump to the battle location and spawn only 1000m away

6 minutes ago, Wyy said:

i already proposed a roe mechanic that would give players a "you get what you see" entry in battle and people cant hyperjump to the battle location and spawn only 1000m away

Use the thread linked for that. Not the tribunal one. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Anolytic said:

I believe that admin's previous statements on this type of case has indicated that for griefing to be determined there has to be some kind of repetition or prolonged action. To tag into battle multiple times, or keep the target tagged without fighting for a significant time. Because it is possible to tag someone by mistake, or to tag with the intent to fight, but determine that the player is too good to allow the attacker any opening to approach his stern. And many other cases where the border between what is acceptable and what is griefing is blurry. 

So for how long did this action go on? According to the chat log it seems to only have taken about 6 minutes.

What I do not understand though:

2 frigates against a 1st rate? Why not even try to go for the stern and fight the fight? If you loose half your broadside or a mast first broadside, yeah, you may have to disengage, but two frigates should at least try to press their advantage?

There should be some sort of cost to being too careful.

While this might very well be intended griefing, I am not sure that the tribunal can afford to set precedence by judging it as such, because there could definitely occur similar situations where griefing was not intended. If however this happens over multiple battles in a row, or for upwards of twenty minutes with no attempt at closing the distance, then it is easier to judge griefing, even if some griefing cases will slip through the net. 

And I do not believe in preventing this by mechanics really, as some suggest. Because to completely prohibit griefing would affect ordinary types of gameplay in significant ways.

Stop posting this everywhere as if it was some general prescriptive statement by admin that applied here. Admin's quote is about people entering battle, taking a slot, and not fighting for their side, leaving their allies short handed. None of which applies here or most other places you posted this. Admin has made much more recent and more relevant statements on tagging and and kiting in open world battles that would have some actual relevance to reference here.

I feel like “the person who enters the battle should fight in it” is a pretty good quote from Admin that applies to 99% of these kiting and trolling posts.   

Join a battle. Fight in that battle.  No more drama.  Don’t want to fight?  Don’t join.  What a dynamic solution.  

Sorry to annoy you best buddy.

Edited by Christendom