Game-Labs Forum

Pablo Frias + capitan pufi

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Doesn't really add anything to it.

"those who start a fight should do so with the intention of fighting" to paraphrase admin.

Just wanted to post the full conversation in case Admin needs it. 

Edited by Pablo Frias

2 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

"let's abuse game mechanics and call it strategy"

lol, when brits attack our first rates with BC doing green on green was fair and smart, and this is griefing , a very big lol. See you tomorrow im going bed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Basic cutters can't tag 1st rates.

They could, they used AI fleets to have the enough BR to drag 1st into battle. Then they just fired each other until they blew up. This was fixed (I think, been a bit off for months) but they managed to avoid a grinding mission and cause several damage on our ships using green on green and free ships. I think that could be considered grinding.

Edited by Pablo Frias

1 minute ago, Pablo Frias said:

They didn´t tag 1st rates, they used AI fleets to have the enough BR to drag 1st into battle. Then they just fired each other until they blew up. This was fixed (I think, been a bit off for months) but they managed to avoid a grinding mission and cause several damage on our ships using green on green and free ships. I think that could be considered grinding.

Then bring a tribunal of your own at stop clogging up mine and taking it off topic.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

6 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

The answer: Basic Cutter fireships were nerfed, basic cutters were only allowed to join PvE battles. The problem got solved within game mechanics.

Right, and those who used them didn´t recieve any punishment.

Why don´t devs fix this situation in order to improve the "health of the game". From your perspective, almost every single player who has taken part in a screening action has commited griefing. Where are their punishments?

By the way, I don´t want to keep arguing about this. Let´s wait until admin has his final decision. Only salt can be added

Edited by Pablo Frias

32 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I'm on Gregory's side. I don't understand people calling it tactical actions. EVEN if someone wants to screen out someone else, AT LEAST FIGHT YOUR BATTLE. Delaying actions, kiting, screening just to run away and separate fleet, it all ruins the game. 

Tac is what makes you win. Like putting Night timers on all ports. Is it a war game we want ore a gentlemen sport ?

• Like 1

I believe that admin's previous statements on this type of case has indicated that for griefing to be determined there has to be some kind of repetition or prolonged action. To tag into battle multiple times, or keep the target tagged without fighting for a significant time. Because it is possible to tag someone by mistake, or to tag with the intent to fight, but determine that the player is too good to allow the attacker any opening to approach his stern. And many other cases where the border between what is acceptable and what is griefing is blurry. 

So for how long did this action go on? According to the chat log it seems to only have taken about 6 minutes.

What I do not understand though:

2 frigates against a 1st rate? Why not even try to go for the stern and fight the fight? If you loose half your broadside or a mast first broadside, yeah, you may have to disengage, but two frigates should at least try to press their advantage?

There should be some sort of cost to being too careful.

While this might very well be intended griefing, I am not sure that the tribunal can afford to set precedence by judging it as such, because there could definitely occur similar situations where griefing was not intended. If however this happens over multiple battles in a row, or for upwards of twenty minutes with no attempt at closing the distance, then it is easier to judge griefing, even if some griefing cases will slip through the net. 

And I do not believe in preventing this by mechanics really, as some suggest. Because to completely prohibit griefing would affect ordinary types of gameplay in significant ways.

25 minutes ago, Christendom said:

image.thumb.png.287c9092905c529154bf98ee

"the person who enters the battle should fight in it"  

nuff said

Stop posting this everywhere as if it was some general prescriptive statement by admin that applied here. Admin's quote is about people entering battle, taking a slot, and not fighting for their side, leaving their allies short handed. None of which applies here or most other places you posted this. Admin has made much more recent and more relevant statements on tagging and and kiting in open world battles that would have some actual relevance to reference here.

• Like 4

"Because it is possible to tag someone by mistake, or to tag with the intent to fight, but determine that the player is too good to allow the attacker any opening to approach his stern. And many other cases where the border between what is acceptable and what is griefing is blurry." 

Had they not directly admitted that that was what they intended on doing I wouldn't have bothered. Not only have they done so in the battle chat but they did it here. The battle only lasted so long because of their incompetence in tagging me continuously, they ballsed it up.

These guys did it to not just me, but several people over the course of half an hour in the hopes I presume of ganking someone (a gank that failed and they ended up getting their arses handed to them and retreated.)

Had they actually tried to fight me, I'd have been happy. All they did was sit at maximum distance firing and turning and running (and getting stuck in the wind but shh).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Tactical is also using biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction and many more until we all wipe out each other in total war and lead to human race annihilation or planet destruction :) I guess this is why we have those:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Protocol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_Weapons_Convention

and a few more...

They haven’t yeth broken any rule. You want to use a real life ruleset, plz then find where they go against any ruleset in NA.

But no fear, we get that ruleset soon. Admin is working on a new RoE for fights in OW.looks like we will get circle of death in fights, so no more kitning.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't want to use real life ruleset, I just show the irony of everyone's use of "tactical" argument. Everything can be called "tactical". DDoS'ing the server can be called tactical move too.

And yeth you did.

I would like to remind us that harsh game rules and game mechanics changes are often caused by some players ruining the game for other players. Recently killed mechanic, basic cutters only for PvE, BR tagging limits, basic cutters fireship explosion nerf, pretty much all of these changes were caused by players exploiting and griefing LEGALLY, without breaking any game rules. Just because we don't have yet any game rule for kiting, screening or griefing, doesn't mean that we should embrace it and ruin the game for other people. 

You get it. Circle of death in Ow

5 minutes ago, Wyy said:

@admin cant you reset rank already, think enough examples has been made and no one takes your rules seriously about this topic

then you have to do that with half of the players

i was in so many battles and the guys wasnt fighting. only hold me in battle. I never did a tribunal.  a few months ago was nobody talking about griefing! its was always in game. 

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1