Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Testbed Feedback - Battle UI, Localization, Patrols, Delivery quests

Recommended Posts

On 2/17/2019 at 8:33 AM, Eyesore said:

 

Perhaps something to add : at the moment, it doesn't matter where you hit the hull, it will lose armour/structure, even if you keep shooting through the same hole ... 

 

It works like you described for crew damage, cannon damage and internal module damage. So for crew if you inflicted enough casualties on the gun deck you wont be able to destroy them further. (same with sails) 

But for hull it was always one structure. Hitting it repeatedly lowers its integrity even if you shoot at the same area, because of energy transfer to overall structure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin said:

 

We are trying to get the clan resource missions and new player helper guide into the patch before deploying. It is getting closer and closer. But we are not yet ready to provide the final date. 

What are the "clan ressources missions"? We have never heard of them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

What are the "clan ressources missions"? We have never heard of them.

too early to announce

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, admin said:

 

We are trying to get the clan resource missions and new player helper guide into the patch before deploying. It is getting closer and closer. But we are not yet ready to provide the final date. 

Is the patch going to be released with new damage model or without it, so you will get more time to test it first?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been on the test server a few times - liking the new damage model a lot - still not a fan of the boarding system although its no worse the the previous one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not read all the posts here (47 pages worth) but I can't find any reference to how we get victory marks, does anyone know how to get them?

 

Thanks 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BusterGut said:

Not read all the posts here (47 pages worth) but I can't find any reference to how we get victory marks, does anyone know how to get them?

 

Thanks 😁

Be in a Clan that goes on Conquest, participate in a Port Battle and win... and win again so you don't lose it, etc.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Be in a Clan that goes on Conquest, participate in a Port Battle and win... and win again so you don't lose it, etc.

 

Thanks for that, will see if I can join one, but with so few on the testbed and they're mostly brits,  it might be unachievable.

Edited by BusterGut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

What are the "clan ressources missions"? We have never heard of them.

I hope it's not like members, officers and diplomats have to please clan creator 24/7 by bringing indiamans full of hookers from far far away :D

 

 

 

 

Sorry for offtopic :(

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tested battle with equal ships.

all balanced, a 5th rate can kill a 4th risking a lot but winning if player is smart and skilled. i killed an Aga AI with my carros trinco without books and i won with 3 notch of structure and 2 of right armor...left was gone. also i saved all my masts and so did Aga. Aga placed 2 full broadsides on me destroying all left side as it should be with 24pdr guns, but structure resisted enought to move and protect masts and fire my guns on him.

now, it depends all upon player's skill.

good job

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

But for hull it was always one structure. Hitting it repeatedly lowers its integrity even if you shoot at the same area, because of energy transfer to overall structure.

So if I bounce my shots or they just partially penetrate, it should transfer the most of the kinetic energy into the hull and to overall structure. At least more than penetrating shots that continue flying. scnr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have testbed, for a few days, completely naked of books and modules ( like they never exist ) to test all of the combat ? even pvp of course.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Can we have testbed, for a few days, completely naked of books and modules ( like they never exist ) to test all of the combat ? even pvp of course.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that I hate in Naval Action, is... the NPC keep shooting even though their ship is already disabled to sail (structure HP + One side gone), and yeah, they still fight. At this point, every crew and ship would've struck their colors and surrended. I almost sunk one time because I was trying to get closer to the ship, because I was going to loot it and I didn't want to lose it (sinking before looting) and the NPC kept shooting me every 5 seconds, even though they were sinking FAST (Structure HP + One Side + Pump gone). By that time, the logical conclusion for a situation like that would be ALL HANDS repairing the ship/survival mode kicks in and gunnery crew, rigging crew, all gets into reloading shock. Crew loses morale and lose the thirst to fight.

Something like that would be good for this new damage model, because right now, even tho it's certain that you sunk the enemy ship, they will blast you out of the water no mater what kinda of situation they are, even sinking for god sakes.

 

- How long will the maintenance take?

Edited by Portuguese Privateer
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the battle interface screen and the after battle ( press X ) screens as they seem more like a Captains journal or report. I also like the new resources although not sure if those will come to regular server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

One thing that I hate in Naval Action, is... the NPC keep shooting even though their ship is already disabled to sail (structure HP + One side gone), and yeah, they still fight. At this point, every crew and ship would've struck their colors and surrended. I almost sunk one time because I was trying to get closer to the ship, because I was going to loot it and I didn't want to lose it (sinking before looting) and the NPC kept shooting me every 5 seconds, even though they were sinking FAST (Structure HP + One Side + Pump gone). By that time, the logical conclusion for a situation like that would be ALL HANDS repairing the ship/survival mode kicks in and gunnery crew, rigging crew, all gets into reloading shock. Crew loses morale and lose the thirst to fight.

Something like that would be good for this new damage model, because right now, even tho it's certain that you sunk the enemy ship, they will blast you out of the water no mater what kinda of situation they are, even sinking for god sakes.

 

- How long will the maintenance take?

+100000
One of the most annoying parts of any battle, being forced to take damage to loot items. I agree that we need an auto-surrender feature. Crew moral should be a part of the whole battle, not just boarding. I would go even further and suggest that a big enough shock should cause instant surrender. If the ship isn't taken or sunk, morale can recover after a few minutes and the ship could return to the battle. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sinking enemy ship, ai crew should only try survival, not trying to load iron balls into cannons, what about it boards you with %100 prep. when sinking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Borch said:

Is the patch going to be released with new damage model or without it, so you will get more time to test it first?

yes the patch is going to be deployed with the damage model
I love the new damage model.
Ship class updrade feels and matter, unlike before where i could destroy the LGV in a cutter with no sweat.
Right now i cannot even sink a brig or a snow in my cutter and it connects the importance of ships and upgrades on so many levels. 
To sink a heavier ship you need to slow its sailing and turning down by shooting sails, then reduce crew.. 

We are going to lower the turn rates to more appropriate levels (upgraded turn calculations based on better formulas) which will allow more precise shooting and raking (which was very hard before due to ships much faster turning )

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, admin said:

try it )) take a basic cutter and attack any 6th rate

Someone tested the new player experience already? Because it sounds like we are going from bad to very bad in this

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, yeah... would be nice to have some "very shallow" areas that would only allow Lynx, Trader Lynx, Cutter, Traders Cutter, Gun Boat, Yacht, Rookie Brig, Traders Brig, Mortar Brig, Privateer and Pickle.

This would prevent those tiny ships from becoming completely obsolete with the new damage model and would create a interesting place for new players, maybe even with some unimportant ports for noobs to practice port battles. This area could be some lakes like Guacata, Rivers ( there are rivers indicated on the map but you can not travel most of them ) and other shallow regions that barely see any action otherwise.

@admin I think it would be something to seriously consider, especially for new player retention and to give the smallest ship a place in the game, where they still matter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, rediii said:

Someone tested the new player experience already? Because it sounds like we are going from bad to very bad in this

Testing it every day. 
And no it's not going from bad to very bad. You finally see and feel the difference between ships which gives you the natural desire to upgrade the vessel and get better. 
Bigger ship = dangerous. Previous dogma that basic cutter can sink everything up mid level 5th rates now feels like a huge mistake.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...