Game-Labs Forum

Gregory's LGV-R Quest

Gregory Rainsborough

Day 10

The hour was late when we cast off from Rosaly as a storm battered the habour but the crew were impatient to make headway and decided the brave the storm.

We did not expect much until, out of the mist a Swedish Hercules appeared in front of us off Grand Anse and as the waves crashed around us we charged forward! Lou seemed to have been in a previous engagement with another foe, either that or the storm had badly damaged him and it seemed his repairs. Lou being a canny opponent decided that discretion was the better part of valour and began to withdraw, at times the pursuit was in my favour, at other times his escape seemed inevitable. God had other plans for my crew this day as he changed the wind in Lou's favour allowing him to disappear over the horizon. Realising that to pursue in light of this obvious sign from God would be an insult to him, and we chose to disengage. We did not see him again as the storm prevented seeing even those straight before you eyes.

The crew were apprehensive, seeing Swedish warships so far south had been unexpected and rumours began to emerge this may be our most difficult day. These concerns were not unfounded.

The Swedes I found were very found of blockades, blockades that would sometimes last over an hour. The first at Philipsburg saw half a dozen ships sitting outside port once I had been spotted, two wind turns later and a trip to the shops in the port I popped out for the last time. The wind, in my favour, allowed us to dash to their capital. God was on our side once more as the wind permitted a hasty departure but not without pursuers in the form of a Swedish Requin who nearly caught us in the channel West of the port.

I headed south where an unfortunate trader lynx was beached against the shore, I decided to liberate the cargo. Upon emerging with my new found white oak a Swedish Hercules was stationed on the battle. I led this Hercules on a merry dance towards Condrington in the hopes we would be undisturbed and we were. We danced for about forty minutes and is chain seemed almost unlimited and we had to adopt a more Spanish or French tactic in order to achieve our goal as were low on essential repairs and undoubtedly, there would be company outside. Gooser, having realised he could not catch me at my best angle and that the engagement for him, would be incredibly frustrating, decided to withdraw and we let him. After he withdrew we hastily repaired.

You could say quite magically, that a swarm of ships were sitting exactly at our location, luckily the wind was in my favour to dock up at Plymouth. There we sold our white oak to a bidding Swedish player and looked across the horizon to see the Swedish vessels once again surrounding the port. Nearby we could hear a furious PURG3 captain berating the harbour master for giving safe harbour to what they considered to be an enemy warship. The harbourmaster fiercely shot back that the collection of Needlefish, Snappers, Flounders and Salt that I had delivered were so valuable as to guarantee me safe passage.

An hour later I emerged from port having had a meal at one of the local Chinese vendors and continued north, this time, unmolested and I finished this day at Hat Island.

4rJ9Hk4.jpg

• Like 7

Day 11

Sailing through Danish waters was peaceful, even upon leaving their capital a Danish Endymion made no effort to engage and the Polish players near Vieques showed no sign of hostility. It was only upon leaving La Mona that a Dutch Endymion commanded by ilya ler made an appearance with me initiating the engagement. I broke it off quickly knowing that the chance of success was small given we could not swiftly board the ship and I unwilling to have a protracted engagement.

I had heard tales that during these times the Prussians were out in force, active and swarming along the coast, that it was their strongest time to field a fleet. It came as some surprise to see absolutely no Prussians along the coast. There was however a Russian Cerberus and Swedish Pirate Frigate there were dispatched in short order.

Upon leaving La Tortue a French Hercules began shadowing me and not wanting to engage near land headed out away from the coast and began the engagement. Chester Cheetah threw a bottle towards me stating that he'd rather not risk his nice shiny ship knowing of my boarding happy habits and I kindly pointed him towards Spanish waters for potential pray to which we bid each other good day. I then continued around the coast and off to Jamaica. We rested at the first port we found ourselves at.

MKS9Apd.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 7

Since interest seems to be waning I'll sum up it up short and sweet.

Day 12

Sailed East. Dodged people near La Mona. Went Bermuda. Bought Bermuda cedar. Killed LGV near North Inlet. Sailed to Atwood, bumped into random pirate in a trader brig, threw away Bermuda. Kill pirate, took white oak. Sailed near rat ports. Went LT, sailed to Cuba.

Nez5CVg.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Since interest seems to be waning I'll sum up it up short and sweet.

The joy is in the journey, not in what people think of your travels.

Feel free to use that as a total life philosophy. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, OjK said:

Don't tell me You base that on numbers of likes or replies 😜

Kinda yes :P

I get what that stats chap was on about now.

8 hours ago, Farrago said:

The joy is in the journey, not in what people think of your travels.

Feel free to use that as a total life philosophy. 

I'm thoroughly enjoying the journey!

Day 13

So bright and early before maintenance I undocked from Sant Iago and headed towards Guama Sevilla. I didn't expect to see anyone on my journey but lo and behold, a Prussian Endymion sitting next to a pirate square fort. I knew my name would not be read out by the heralds but after witnessing a port captain being ganged up on by a half dozen pirates yesterday before I docked I decided to act. I engaged. It wasn't terribly exciting. As the sun came up the pirates realised that an enemy was next to them and opened fire. The Prussian landing craft must have been away for the vessel did nothing and was destroyed by the fort shortly thereafter. A log of the captain, Phaserburn, floated by along with a nice copper plating.

The men were merry as a results of this and we traveled throughout British waters. Around the West tip of Cuba the decision was made to investigate a nearby wreck and British running rigging and ivory goods were recovered. We'd found better but still, better than nothing. I decided to drop the goods of at the glorious British port of Las Tortugas, with it's bright British flag flying overhead as British vessels sailed backwards and forwards. There were still a few Spanish wrecks around but mostly washed out to sea by now. We went south to Cuba and along the coast found El Tiedemann in an Indiaman with several in fleet. After a disastrous boarding we decided to withdraw as the amount of men that died to musket fire was horrific.

Surprisingly there was no-one present after the battle, nor was there much sign as we continued East of any Spanish forces. The men nearly died of shock! We sailed into La Habana with only one ship nearby and had a jolly good laugh we'd managed to get through unscathed.

The smiles of the men were soon blown away when we undocked to see a dozen Spanish blockading the port. With a sigh we turned around and decided to visit the local establishments in the hope they would soon lose interest which they did. The wind however was against us and we had to wait until God saw fit to give us good wind. When we did leave port we hoped the element of surprise would allow us to escape. It did. A coupe of Hercules looked like they were interested but that interest died down when they saw the wind in our sails.

Once we reached Cayo de Sal there were several warships hunting for prey it seemed but upon sighting me they fled into the port, goodness knows why. Perhaps they'd confused our small vessel with a warship! No matter. Upon leaving to go south we were engaged twice by Phantom and on the second occasion he was unaccompanied so we the decision was made to fight. After a twenty minute fight the first boarding was in our favour, catching him unawares, after some fine sailing he managed to escape but an error shortly afterwards led to the men jumping onto his deck and forcing his men to surrender.

The rest of the journey from here was quiet and after leaving Cuba, I was informed that ahead of us lay our last port, our last stop. Mortimer Town, the pirate capital. With all speed and good wind, we sailed in and docked and surprisingly, of all the places to visit, this was one of the few with a vast variety of goods on store. I went on a shopping trip and stored the goods and after that, sailed away undisturbed.

ZNtDJIE.jpg

• Like 11