Game-Labs Forum

Fastest square rigger upwind?

Sea Fox

Question

I don't play with mods....at least I didn't. I just get sunk allot and always hope the devs someday get rid of them....but that is as likely to happen as the devs doing anything to promote solo play.

So I play A LOT less than I used to....so I guess I'll spend hours getting mods like pirate rig refit rather than hours building ships to be sunk

So what ship and what mods (mods oh pressious mods) is the fastest upwind?

10 answers to this question

It might be the exact answer to your question Fox, but if you're talking about OW running about I consider the loodsman book well worth the cost. Doubloon prices have made this book ( perma skill on ow only ) affordable

Ā 

If talking about instance fighting etc then the others are far more knowledgeable than me

Ā 

Of course running 3 trader lynx past the only french Port in the Bahamas at a distance of 5k will incur risks :P

• Like 1

Just now, AeRoTR said:

@VizziniĀ I think that navy loodsman should be nerfed. On the otherhand, does navy loodsman effect the whole fleet ?Ā 

what will or may happen is always up in he air, as it stands now there are several similar mods / books that perform a similar speed boost ( clock springs to mind ) the fact that the loodsman is useless in the instance is something that nerfs it already

Ā 

we all have access to it, not hard to get but IIRC books on fleet ships don't have the effect but I stand to be corrected on that. Only the other day I learned fleet ships don't always use mediums so it might be a patch I missed during my holiday

• Like 1