Game-Labs Forum

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, Lord Gud said:

All ships should be given 5 slots

Totally agree. It's ridiculous that out of randomness you get a boat with 5 slots or 3 slots. Building a 5-slot ship should be considerably more expensive in materials than one of 4 or 3 slots, but that decision should be ours and not random. For example, an indefatigable of 5 slots apart from materials would be required 1000 doubloons.

Edited by Sento de Benimaclet
  • Like 1

I asked several times for all traders to get 5 knowledge... didn't get any answer other than "LGVR is fineeeee....". I would love to play LGVR as a raider but I really can't be bothered when other frigates get stern chasers, more broadside weight and 5 slots. The slot issue is even bigger, if you consider that the admiralty redeem ships do not get the capturable port craft bonus, meaning usually you will end up sailing a 3/3 LGVR when you could be sailing or will likely be facing a 4/5/trim frigate. The ability to enter enemy ports is nice but with half the hold capacity of the regular LGV and so many "available to all" ports, it is more of a gimmick really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

doesn't mean it can't.

Thank you.

Yes, the bonus of capturable port crafting is the higher chance. There are gold DLC and admiralty ships of course but the chances are so ridiculously low, that they are basically irreplaceable, while with the bonus chance you can fairly easily get purple and even gold ships consistently, if you are building enough.

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A couple of folks are confusing knowledge slots with perm mod slots. I'm asking for the former, not the latter.

I am not confusing it at all... it is part of the problem that LGVR not only does not have 5 knowledge slots but on top of that on average less permanent slots, they are not completely different in their bonuses after all. Speed can be gained from permanent aswell as from knowledge books for example.

Redeem 10 LGVR and they will most likely all be 3/3 and if you are lucky some trim. Build 10 Frigates in a capturable port and you have pretty good chances to get something like 4/5/Fast.

That is 9 slots total + trim compared to 6 + maybe a  trim.

The very first LGVR can be any quality, you don't need 10. Statistics are worth what they are worth.

If first is not gold, then you need a second,... and so on...

Is like redeeming the very first Hercules from Exams and coming out Gold.

Same thing :) 

10 hours ago, Sovereign said:

Redeem 10 LGVR and they will most likely all be 3/3 and if you are lucky some trim. Build 10 Frigates in a capturable port and you have pretty good chances to get something like 4/5/Fast.

11 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Give LGV Refit 5 knowledge slots. At the moment it's underused compared to other ships, in order to boost their use I'd suggest giving them 5 knowledge slots.

A couple of folks are confusing knowledge slots with perm mod slots. I'm asking for the former, not the latter.

No, did not confuse the former with the Later. And redeeming a 3/3, have any of you captain actually redeemed a LGVR? To state that the LVGR only has 3 ship knowledge slots is a miss truth. If you have not redeemed A LGVR your opening statement is invalid as you have no knowledge of what you are talking about.  Its not craftable needing a ship yard like the traders that are preset as 3/3 with the ship knowledge slots already open. You do not need to combat a trader to open the slots. The LGVR  is an Admiralty PvP reward an must be used in combat to open the knowledge slots. They are locked as any other warship. It is a war trader. It is a Refit Le Gros Venture, a merchant warship with a smugglers flag.

Have a fine day Gentlemen. Know your fact before you make an assumption.

Edited by Jim Bligh

16 hours ago, Jim Bligh said:

... the ship knowledge slots already open. You do not need to combat a trader to open the slots. The LGVR  is an Admiralty PvP reward an must be used in combat to open the knowledge slots. They are locked as any other warship. It is a war trader. It is a Refit Le Gros Venture, a merchant warship with a smugglers flag.

As far as I remember I had to slot up (as any warship) traders too to unlock the 3 maximum available (I am sure I had to slot the Indiaman).

Still being 5th rate or less and only 3 slotted, not a terrible pain anyway.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim Bligh said:

No, did not confuse the former with the Later. And redeeming a 3/3, have any of you captain actually redeemed a LGVR? To state that the LVGR only has 3 ship knowledge slots is a miss truth. If you have not redeemed A LGVR your opening statement is invalid as you have no knowledge of what you are talking about.  Its not craftable needing a ship yard like the traders that are preset as 3/3 with the ship knowledge slots already open. You do not need to combat a trader to open the slots. The LGVR  is an Admiralty PvP reward an must be used in combat to open the knowledge slots. They are locked as any other warship. It is a war trader. It is a Refit Le Gros Venture, a merchant warship with a smugglers flag.

The LGV Refit doesn't.

image.png.94aea1fd564c49df7e387bfce36178e7.png

Must unlock the slots.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jim Bligh said:

I don't even know what your point is exactly... how does it matter whether or not you have to open the knowledge slots with xp?

7 hours ago, Chevalier du Ethuville said:

The LGV Refit doesn't.

image.png.94aea1fd564c49df7e387bfce36178e7.png

Must unlock the slots.

please read again as I stated this in my post! " The LGVR  is an Admiralty PvP reward an MUST be used in combat to open the knowledge slots

On 1/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, Banished Privateer said:

Someone people reported they can unlock 4 slots on Refit and maybe 5. Never seen proof, doe. 

The GUI patch gave the possibility to unlock 5 slots on all ships they were very slow in patching this, this is why the debate is happening now