Game-Labs Forum

Breakup of Christian During Trade

JDAM

@Ink

Writing because the game had a SNAFU where upon acceptance of the trade it also simultaneously clicked the "Break Up" on the ship during a trade of cannon for the said ship.  Obviously the quick work around for the player is to have the Equipment window on ships closed during trades, but this was caused by the game.

The player involved is "Malus Fellheart" and he has already F11.  Please investigate ASAP the ship is needed & should be compensated to Malus.

Thank you kindly for your time and hope you have a great day!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 5:51 AM, Malus Fellheart said:

Yes because this is messed up for this to happen. wasted time sailing to a port to get the ship and after taking it then during another trade I click to take the trade and after I agree to take the trade then it says my ship the Christain was broken down how I don't know but this is messed up.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, Hemp Amore said:

@Ink

Writing because the game had a SNAFU where upon acceptance of the trade it also simultaneously clicked the "Break Up" on the ship during a trade of cannon for the said ship.  Obviously the quick work around for the player is to have the Equipment window on ships closed during trades, but this was caused by the game.

The player involved is "Malus Fellheart" and he has already F11.  Please investigate ASAP the ship is needed & should be compensated to Malus.

Thank you kindly for your time and hope you have a great day!

Captains. QA could not reproduce the problem you are describing. 
You cannot break up the ship by clicking anything in a trade window. Ship break up button does not work below other windows. Game could not also break the ship itself as break up ship asks for a confirmation which, when opened, locks all other windows (you must deliberately click confirm to break up the ship). Based on logs one of the parties just broke up the ship and what happened in logs does not correspond with what original post says.

Can you provide a video proof of this bug happening (ship breaking up by game when trading with player clicking on trade button or other way)? For example on any cheap NPC ship?  It will help a lot to prove this bug exists (we cannot reproduce it unfortunately with any combination of actions) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Can you provide a video proof of it happening? For example on any cheap NPC ship?  It will help a lot to prove this bug exists (we cannot reproduce it in any combination)

Sir, during the trade the server lagged causing the trade window to complete while simultaneously hitting the break up button on the equipment window.  Picture clicking "Accept" followed by a stutter in game with the message "Ship Broken Up Successfully."  It may register as two clicks, but the user didn't actually do this action.  It was caused by a lag spike in the server.  

Video proof would be hard because we'd need the same server conditions (laggy play) and the same trade conditions... trading a Christian, followed by opening the equipment window, then trading the cannon with the buttons lined up (one over the other).  I was there when the incident occurred, he really did only click once and it instantly went to the break up message after accepting the trade.  Somewhere during the lag spike the game registered a second click on the break up button.

There was surprise and distress in Malus voice when the incident occurred so it's not being made up or a mistake on the user side.  It was some technical fault between UI, internet connection & server.  We were hoping to get a simple compensation per the policy.

So how to do this is now a bit beyond me and correct this happend during a lag spike which is nearly hard to do agian because with the game and internet now at normal it will look as ok just a regular accept trade and cant make it do a double click for like a break up of a ship when in a spike because no one can tell when a spike will happen agian and far as I know and the server being laggy like yesterday after the Port fight between the Swedish and British so now I'm still upset because I dont have a 2nd rate Christian and still have to find some way of God knows how to re-create this action just to get some composition per the policy and who knows it might not be the last time it happened and might come from other players in the future.

1 hour ago, Hemp Amore said:

Video proof would be hard because we'd need the same server conditions (laggy play) and the same trade conditions... trading a Christian

You can use any ship for this - cheapest breakable ship from an npc store will be enough. 
We would love to help you but you need to show us how you can click break up ship with trading window opened. Even if it is laggy you still need to move the mouse out of the trade window. move the mouse to equipment screen - the move the mouse to click confirm (because confirmation window is far from the break up button). You dont even need to break up the ship. You need to show how that the break up ship confirmation window can be opened from the clicking trade..

sorry for all these questions but as you said in the original post - game went SNAFU and broke up your ship. We just cannot understand how, but want to fix the problem if it exists.

31 minutes ago, admin said:

You can use any ship for this - cheapest breakable ship from an npc store will be enough. 
We would love to help you but you need to show us how you can click break up ship with trading window opened. Even if it is laggy you still need to move the mouse out of the trade window. move the mouse to equipment screen - the move the mouse to click confirm (because confirmation window is far from the break up button). You dont even need to break up the ship. You need to show how that the break up ship confirmation window can be opened from the clicking trade..

sorry for all these questions but as you said in the original post - game went SNAFU and broke up your ship. We just cannot understand how, but want to fix the problem if it exists.

Thanks for your time admin, but I don't believe it should be our burden to reproduce the issue.  I described in detail what occurred, to the best of my ability, I certify that all statements are a truthful account of the event in question.  As a user I have no explanation other than the program behaved strangely due to lag.  It probably registered an errant click during the spike.  Probably a 1 in 1,000,000 occurance, but I can confirm I also experienced the same lag spikes through the evening, it just was a spotty night for game play (which is good given the obvious 99.9% uptime NA has)  As far as I understand there is a 1 time compensation policy in place for all.  I think we are trying to take advantage of that if that is possible. 

Again really grateful for your time, we are asking for compensation from an honest point of view and replacement of a rare valuable item that you can't craft on your own.  If this was some throw away ship as you have asked us to do, there would not be a thread, we'd of just rebuilt the ship, but you're talking about Christian, we can only get it replaced by using the Customer Support system provided by the devs.  So, will we be getting compensated on this one?  Thank you!

@Ink @admin

Examples of cases where we provide compensation:

• Ship turned over and sank due to bug
  • Ship was lost due to server crash
  • Ship data got corrupted and it became unusable

So what's the deal....  this looks like #2 and #3 per your policy.  Will you provide the compensation per the policy or do you seem to be taking something personally?  Your communications are unclear and confusing.  

14 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

@Ink @admin

Examples of cases where we provide compensation:

• Ship turned over and sank due to bug
  • Ship was lost due to server crash
  • Ship data got corrupted and it became unusable

So what's the deal....  this looks like #2 and #3 per your policy.  Will you provide the compensation per the policy or do you seem to be taking something personally?  Your communications are unclear and confusing.  

Hey.. Lots of patch work thus sparse replies. 
You mentioned the clear cases where we could identify the bug (the policy). In your case (because you said the game failed you) we could not find the bug you mentioned as it is impossible to click break up ship from the trade window when you click accept trade button + it is impossible to break up ship without clicking confirm on the confirmation window. 

As a result because you request compensation due to a game going SNAFU - we cannot confirm it and spent good hours on searching for this - and need additional info to proceed. 

If you or your party made a mistake just say so (without directing us to spend time to find the bug that does not exist as it is pure waste - especially before the big patch).  We do indeed occasionally provide 1 time compensations when **** happens and your son closes outpost with tons of doubloons and rarest ship. And we indeed see in logs that the party just broke up the ship. No need to try to blame mis clicks on the game faults (as we investigate all bug reports)

Admin you're a business.  Stop taking things personal.  The game/server lagged and caused data corruption.  You're blaming the user.  Stuff happens.  This is the stuff.

SNAFU means something broke, but of course you seem to be taking that as an insult and language barrier seems to be the issue.  Sorry I wont use light hearted statements with you anymore, you seem to be unable to understand them.

It can be frustrating having conversations because you're always looking for the wrong.  There is nothing to admit.  I wouldn't go through all this trouble.  I have 3000 hours in game, level 50 crafter, level 3 ship yards, and all that, plus I personally own TWO Christians.  The only interest here is getting my members ship back.  He's not lying about it, that's my second in command for RDMP.

Have you never experienced unintentional clicks during a lag spike or program stutter before?  That's never happened to you?  Ever?  Demanding proof is ridiculous when we are asking for the compensation per policies #2 and #3.

To think I even thought you'd actually honor your F11 & CUSTOMER SUPPORT policy.   LOL to all who say you're pretty good at compensating you're just giving excuses here.  What's the problem with giving him his ship back over the issue in good faith?  You seem to be looking for something to point at and go "ah ha!"

It was a lag spike admin.  Just yesterday the server crashed resulting in a lost PB & you question that a lag spike would cause inadvertent clicks?  Really?

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

Now blaming the admin for a unintentional click aswell as taking dev time away for looking for a not existing bug is just hilarious and you should hide in a corner in shame.

Because in that quote you literally said YOU made the unintentional click. (A click on break and a click on yes)

A lagspike in ping doesnt result in a click on break (because it would be only slower)

A lagspike in fps might cause it for whatever reason. You wouldn't confirm that tho. (Or you did and its YOUR fault)

Nice.  This is really nice.  This is a Customer Support & F11 request.  All statements are truthful.  Is what it is rediii.  There is no shame is asking for what you want or need.  To act like the system is perfect and without bugs or issues is a little bit nuts.  You seem a little angry btw.  

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

Because in that quote you literally said YOU made the unintentional click. (A click on break and a click on yes)

This NOT what occurred.  Malus Fellheart clicked "Accept Trade" followed by "Ship Broken Up Successfully"

THERE WAS NO CLICK ON BREAK NOR A CLICK ON YES.

Get out of my support thread Rediii thanks for taking this off topic with your vitriol.

31 minutes ago, rediii said:

Now blaming the admin for a unintentional click aswell as taking dev time away for looking for a not existing bug is just hilarious and you should hide in a corner in shame.

It really occurred so I'm not taking dev time away, that's their job to investigate.  Regardless if their investigation provided inconclusive results somehow that's my fault suddenly?  My job as a tester is to report what happened.   If anything this absolutely discourages me from reporting anything in the future. 

1 hour ago, Hemp Amore said:

Admin you're a business.  Stop taking things personal.  The game/server lagged and caused data corruption.  You're blaming the user.  Stuff happens.  This is the stuff.

Yep we are a business. You claimed that ship broke when click on the accept trade happened. We spent 5 man hours searching for this bug because accidental breaking of the ship during trade is a freaking serious issue and must be fixed. We requested more info as we cannot reproduce the bug. 

You are literally the only one who had this case since the last 3 years in early access, we need the video proof or written steps to reproduce. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

It really occurred so I'm not taking dev time away, that's their job to investigate.  Regardless if their investigation provided inconclusive results somehow that's my fault suddenly?  My job as a tester is to report what happened.   If anything this absolutely discourages me from reporting anything in the future. 

They already have investigated and are unable to re-produce the issue. Not a cursory glance but many hours according to their response.

If the replacement Christian is so key then please assist them with with replicating? You're coming across a little entitled my man. These guys are knee deep in the patch they've just dropped. I hear it's a small crew and I'd rather they spend time on content/ the game than investigating your compensation claim on an EA title

• Like 1

It's okay because I just simply will not be reporting any issues I find going forward.  I don't care what the bug is.  After this response I don't need to spend my time losing more over it.  My only regret was using the word SNAFU because I think that meant to admin he was being challenged.  So just be advised in the future all to avoid having the equipment window open while making a trade so to prevent any sort of issues going forward.

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

What we all know really happened....  

Image result for Mad clicking gif

Such a sad little gamer community.  People actually rejoice over this crap.

One more time for those among us with lesser capacity of reading comprehension and understanding:

"Accept Trade" > "Ship Broken Up Successfully"  I believe what you all have done here is take me trying to rationalize what the game may have registered while it was taking it's long walk and turn it around on me.  This is stupid.

Edited by Hemp Amore

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

If you were any kind of "leader", you'd give your "second in command" one of your TWO Christians....

Ah yes since Customer Support can't do their part, then I must lose something for it.  :)

4 minutes ago, Hemp Amore said:

It's okay because I just simply will not be reporting any issues I find going forward.  I don't care what the bug is.  After this response I don't need to spend my time losing more over it.  My only regret was using the word SNAFU because I think that meant to admin he was being challenged.  So just be advised in the future all to avoid having the equipment window open while making a trade so to prevent any sort of issues going forward.

My concern with your posts is that you're claiming this happened to someone else, and yet you seem to know with complete certainty what happened. Unless this is your alt, or you were standing behind the guy, I don't understand how you could be positive of how many clicks happened. You said there was no change in his voice, but that's not enough to know what is going on.   

2 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

I don't understand how you could be positive of how many clicks happened. You said there was no change in his voice, but that's not enough to know what is going on.   

Because the player is experienced, also a long time player and wouldn't normally do that.  And I could hear the distress & surprise in his voice.  It was a real event.  

"Dude?!  WTF?!?  I accepted the trade and the ship broke up?"

At which point and ironically so calmly I said "Well it's okay man, just F11 and they'll take care of it.  They take care of stuff just like that, so you'll get your ship back once they can see what happened." 

Then we made the thread so it wouldn't get lost among the other F11s they get on a daily basis.  And here we are now.  Good faith attempt to get support on what is probably a rare event.  Oh well.  Guess we ain't gettin' the ship.

Edited by Hemp Amore