Game-Labs Forum

Clan Docks

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

So go with what Hethwill suggested then.  Clan members can contribute any number of their own dock spaces to a Clan dock network.  That means no additional dock spots in the game.  I would certainly do that.

Same. Don't need 30 ships.

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

So go with what Hethwill suggested then.  Clan members can contribute any number of their own dock spaces to a Clan dock network.  That means no additional dock spots in the game.  I would certainly do that.

This honestly sounds no fun at all, like you want clans to have the least amount of anything, what keeps you from granting clans the oso coveted 25 upgradable dock space? What makes dock space such a big deal to you?

Edited by Slim McSauce

6 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

This honestly sounds no fun at all, like you want clans to have the least amount of anything, what keeps you from granting clans the oso coveted 25 upgradable dock space? What makes dock space such a big deal to you?

Its not a big deal to me.  There is apparently an issue with too many extra dock spots and Hethwill's suggestion would alleviate that.  I build ships for me and my buddy who is in a different time zone (4 hrs).  It would be convenient to be able to leave a ship (or 20 in a clan dock for him to pick up when im not online.  He and I would be more than happy to give up a couple of spots from our own docks to do that.  There would be no loss of space, as it's still available to me if its clan dock or personal dock.  That works for me and my little 2-man clan.  In a big clan, if everyone were to give one dock spot to the clan..you could have dozens of spots available. 

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

In a big clan, if everyone were to give one dock spot to the clan..you could have dozens of spots available. 

Ah I suppose that makes pretty good sense, also pretty complicated, and what if someone takes their slot back they could stealthly rob ships from the warehouse when one is placed in their slot? Would that be intended?

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

Ah I suppose that makes pretty good sense, also pretty complicated, and what if someone takes their slot back they could stealthly rob ships from the warehouse when one is placed in their slot? Would that be intended?

I would think that once the docks belonged to the clan, only officers would administer them.  But yeah, that could be an issue if not recognised.