Game-Labs Forum

Friends list

I'd like the possibility to add friends from other nations to my friends list.. With the state of PvP atm I just want an easy way to arrange a fun battle.

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Sorry, but no.  I believe that communication between players in an online multiplayer game ruins the realism and immersiveness for me.  Not being able to message other players obviously leads to more PVP fights.

ps - that was sarcasm

I am TRULY glad for that sarcasm sign. Otherwise I might have thought that you honestly didn't believe in friendship....

Sarcasm can be tough to spot in text.

I was not intending to be sarcastic.  I used to buy W. Oak from French Players and sell it to British Players .  It was dangerous to sail near French Ports and attempt to chat with them, but fun ... and exciting.

I can't find the threads but remember reading how removing communication between "enemies" reduces the chance that weaker players will flee from notorious ones, and also reduces toxic comments.

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Sarcasm can be tough to spot in text.

I was not intending to be sarcastic.  I used to buy W. Oak from French Players and sell it to British Players .  It was dangerous to sail near French Ports and attempt to chat with them, but fun ... and exciting.

I can't find the threads but remember reading how removing communication between "enemies" reduces the chance that weaker players will flee from notorious ones, and also reduces toxic comments.

Yeah, (and I didn't read your text as sarcastic btw), but disallowing ppl to see names and chat with enemies in OW shouldn't have any bearing on the friends list.. as far as I know that is (being challenged in the realm of IT that I am)..

People in different nations were never friends. All players from other nations should be treated as enemies and thus you should not be allowed to communicate with them, trade, or acknowledge their existence for any reason other than to gank them to death. 

Sarcasm or truth? 😉

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Which is absolutely backwards to how it worked out. Weaker players just flee from everyone now because any of those nameless, Enemy Players could be the dread pirate hunter @William Death, Reverse, or Dinark, so why not just run and avoid the fight instead of chasing that noob Wraith?

And it comes all at the expense of even being able to "signal" and chat locally with other players from other nations without having to start a battle instance.  It's just stupid.

I agree. I took a pretty big break between early 2017 and mid 2018, and I think removing OW comms between enemy nations is the single worst change made during that time. At least colossal blunders like 8 knot boarding were quickly reverted.

This and the blink-and-you'll-miss-it join timers are easily my biggest gripes with the current game.

• Like 1