Game-Labs Forum

Open Poland to All Privateers

This is just an off the cuff thought:  Why not make Poland a true privateer faction?  Everything is already done, it would just need a more inclusive name (simply "The Commonwealth" would suffice), and every cool flag that is historically accurate, but not sizable enough to warrant a faction could be added in, making use of a wider variety of flags, and adding for a distinct "hardcore" faction.

• Like 5

Not a bad idea.

Coupled with deleting pirate as a faction and moving it as a "status" with a few pros (shiny flags, black sails, paints, some particular ship refits, and false flags) and a bulkload of cons (no buildings/owned ports). So pure hardcore pvp.

While The Commonwealth as a more organized piracy, aka privateers.

• Like 2

How about we cut half the nations in the game and just create one “outlaw” sandbox faction that fights each other and is clan based.  Then have 4 or 5 historical nations that are PVE/PVP based that are starter nations.  

The outlaw clan can select which national flags to use from an assortment and to use REDS as an example.... North puts in his clan info that it’s a Russian clan and they have access to one or 2 Built in Russia flags + the dlc stuff.  

Outlaw clans can do whatever the my want, craft from free towns... PVP.., RVR.  Whatever.  

• Like 5

Just one simple nation that can fit all the extra factions that don't really belong, give them the flags and they can call it whatever they want. Commonwealth is a good name. Or expeditionaries. Clan based faction, like the old pirate faction that all fight each other and aren't involved in RVR. Then make being a pirate a status through reputation. The rest of the nations that were active in the Caribbean can stay.

3 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Coupled with deleting pirate as a faction

Or keep them as another option and call them "Pirates of the Caribbean", which would be a bit more accurate name for what the current pirates are...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

This is just an off the cuff thought:  Why not make Poland a true privateer faction?  Everything is already done, it would just need a more inclusive name (simply "The Commonwealth" would suffice), and every cool flag that is historically accurate, but not sizable enough to warrant a faction could be added in, making use of a wider variety of flags, and adding for a distinct "hardcore" faction.

Are we can split the Pirates into two factions.  Privateers and Pirates/Outlaws.  Privateers will be made up of any one that wants to not fly a pirate flag but they get the option to fly Prussia, Russia, Poland, and any other nation that doesn't have a core faction flags and just do there thing in the OW.  Those that want to play pirates can choose the Outlaws/Pirates part by flying the black.  They all work out of free town and maybe captured ports of there clans.  Mort becomes a neutral port with the zone being neutral for all to use.

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

How about we cut half the nations in the game and just create one “outlaw” sandbox faction that fights each other and is clan based.  Then have 4 or 5 historical nations that are PVE/PVP based that are starter nations.  

The outlaw clan can select which national flags to use from an assortment and to use REDS as an example.... North puts in his clan info that it’s a Russian clan and they have access to one or 2 Built in Russia flags + the dlc stuff.  

Outlaw clans can do whatever the my want, craft from free towns... PVP.., RVR.  Whatever.  

Along with above about pirates and what @Christendom I would combine GB and US.  Let the US coast be there second zone like the french and spain has.  If you want to fly any of the flags for US or GB you can from the DLC so that way clans can pick if they are US priavteers or members of the Royal Navy.   I would take Dane and Swedes and either add them to the Privateers or make them part of DUTCHl with the same options as how US/GB is.  Yes I know they weren't in an alliance but they really didn't have a big influence in this area other than mainly merchant ships.  Though I think they would would work better in the Privateer faction along with the Russians, Prussians and Poland.

Ok before folks say well Privateers will just take over the whole map.  See that is where they are diffrent from Pirates/Outlaws and other nations.  They can't capture ports.  It's an OW only faction for OW PvP/PvE.   If you want to be part of RvR you need to be part of the main core nations:  Spain, French, GB/US, Dutch.....this will give the MAIN RVR players 4 factions to fight over ports with and not have so many spread out. If you want to just play in OW you can still be part of one of these four or you can join the privateers.   Privateers can't capture ports but they can join any battle on either side even if another privateer started it.  While Outlaws/Pirates will get FFA battles back and can attack each other along with any one else can attack them.   If these two factions where to be allowed to RvR they should only be able to claim one port per clan to make a base not take over the whole map.  This will allow for clan bases to be set up but not control the whole map, leave that to the four core nations than.

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Are we can split the Pirates into two factions.  Privateers and Pirates/Outlaws.  Privateers will be made up of any one that wants to not fly a pirate flag but they get the option to fly Prussia, Russia, Poland, and any other nation that doesn't have a core faction flags and just do there thing in the OW.  Those that want to play pirates can choose the Outlaws/Pirates part by flying the black.  They all work out of free town and maybe captured ports of there clans.  Mort becomes a neutral port with the zone being neutral for all to use.

Along with above about pirates and what @Christendom I would combine GB and US.  Let the US coast be there second zone like the french and spain has.  If you want to fly any of the flags for US or GB you can from the DLC so that way clans can pick if they are US priavteers or members of the Royal Navy.   I would take Dane and Swedes and either add them to the Privateers or make them part of DUTCHl with the same options as how US/GB is.  Yes I know they weren't in an alliance but they really didn't have a big influence in this area other than mainly merchant ships.  Though I think they would would work better in the Privateer faction along with the Russians, Prussians and Poland.

Ok before folks say well Privateers will just take over the whole map.  See that is where they are diffrent from Pirates/Outlaws and other nations.  They can't capture ports.  It's an OW only faction for OW PvP/PvE.   If you want to be part of RvR you need to be part of the main core nations:  Spain, French, GB/US, Dutch.....this will give the MAIN RVR players 4 factions to fight over ports with and not have so many spread out. If you want to just play in OW you can still be part of one of these four or you can join the privateers.   Privateers can't capture ports but they can join any battle on either side even if another privateer started it.  While Outlaws/Pirates will get FFA battles back and can attack each other along with any one else can attack them.   If these two factions where to be allowed to RvR they should only be able to claim one port per clan to make a base not take over the whole map.  This will allow for clan bases to be set up but not control the whole map, leave that to the four core nations than.

There is no reason to make this any more than what it is.  All I'm suggesting is renaming the Commonwealth of Poland and adding those flags that are not appropriate for other factions, to make it more appealing for more people.  Everything else, including re-hashing ideas already tested and new mechanics, should be taken to their own threads.

6 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

V Because in this game, outlaws did not fight outlaws, they used the mechanic to deny fights to other players.  Further derailing will be removed.

As a pirate I’ve sunk many outlaws and never used the mechanic to deny fights.  Outlaw battles had positional joining and 30 min timers.  If you wanted to join them and sink the player you could.  

Suggesting a variant of your suggestion while pointing out game flaws is not derailment.  It’s a discussion.  Which correct me of I’m wrong, is the point of a discussion forum.  If I was taking about football or the weather, that would be derailment.  

Over moderation because no one liked your suggestion isn’t cool bud.  

Edited by Christendom