Game-Labs Forum

Death to the non-believers

traitorous mctraitoro

4 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Or take the challenge and join a underdog nation given most of you folks have the Forged papers

If only the average player had the balls courage and incentive to do so... 

I mean when it comes to OW PvP, I completely agree, this is a nice challenge for real PvP players so they get more targets ( sort of like when the real prussia was born after the purge of the carebears ) but I don't see anyone with half a brain throwing their small resistance of a couple of ships into the jaws of a RvR zerg, only to entertain them, when there is no reward for fighting as underdog ( this happened at least once with swedes before when they went full organised zerg and tryhard in RvR to the point where barely any other nation bothered anymore and the swedes moaned about empty PBs in the end ).

I wouldn't even mind this, if it was a real sandbox and you could actually remove any nation from the map ( like prussia, russia and poland ) but having the uncapturable ports and safe zones on one side and no balancing mechanics for nation population, like incentives to join underdog nations, on the other is simply rubbish in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Black veil said:

Hey John u sure it was 15 Spanish ships? Outside Kpr to be honest last few months it was just a requin destroying Kpr wasn't it? I've only ever seen 15 or more Spanish players once and that was at habana when 23 ships came out to kill 4 of us but 11 of them sunk and then the rest ran away? 

When I today FENIX (at that time VIXIT) were Spaniards surely @huliotkd and I camped Jamaica daily. So I'm speaking last summer. We moved Pirate in Fall.
But Spaniards came also in numbers with Bellonas squadron (I have some pics of them in line "locking" KPR channel). Still rarely we got a fight. So we kept mainly raiding in 1-2 requins and some frigates.

So yes. It happened.

And Hawkwood is right. Till collapse of Spain (and reduction of France) and so until HAVOC arrival, GB was the most smashed nation.

There's still the mindset among a lot of raiders "A BRIT! ATTACK!". I never got so tagged in sight when I was Pirate :D

Every time something in the game gets out of balance, you demand a change of the game. Maybe you should just change 50% of the players.
Thanks to the help of HAVOC, Bitanien is making a lot of friends right now. Just wait a little bit of time.

Britain was still zerg when farmers raided Jamaica, noone cared about Jamaica except newbs. So all points about how the blacksmiths of Britainia were poor and ganked and crying and pleading because sheep would blockade Jamaica to sink newbs, is irrelevant, as they were still a minor zerg at the time, just a useless one, and inactive. 

Now ofc due to a lack of morality, simplistic level of skill, minor knowledge of pvp, inconcivable fear of the unknown: several other traitorous nations have decided to quit playing the game join Britain and zerg anyone who hasn't.

as @Hawkwood mentioned KPR green zone was contested for long time. Before cancer of DLC ships, we had many fleets visiting KPR. We used to have battles like port battles :) 

I saw the change when git good kidos left Britian, the sheep started to rise up. Fleets of Spanish / Prussian / Russian (I will not tell the names of the leading guys, everyone knows them) time to time took heavy losses, agains brit noobs, intruders had lost lots of line ships. So they had to flee for their lives.

After that it become rare, they would not come so much, cause they were losing ships. Not anymore sinking 15 Brits with their 3-4 ship fleets. At the same period, devs introduced the cancer, DLC ships.

Many guys gave up on KPR defence, nobody wanted to chase a stupid broken Le Requin running upwinds which has already farmed few newbies before defence force arrives. So the guys pvping around KPR just gave up. It was only the requins and time to time hercules. No more 1st rates, 3rd rates or even smaller fleets visited KPR. Brit pvp guys started to hunt elsewhere, started in RVR. 

When patrols introduced, I was always getting ganked, I remember 7up gank team and others. They were always many more, I remember fighting agaisnt 9-10 ships in patrol zone, alone. Those were the times I could not find any British to fight with, but many other nations in patrol zone.

I guess BlackVeil was not playing the game those times, cause he did not whine for the zerg, no body whined for the zerg of Spanish. 

I only reacted to unbalanced ganking, like 2 vs 10 even 1 vs 10, which was a norm for my patrol mission. 

So complaining about Brit Zerg is funny. We all know most of them are peasants, so just sink them. But I civil wars / clan wars are good, I do agree on that. 

11 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

I saw the change when git good kidos left Britian, the sheep started to rise up.

Britain was always good at pissing off their own rvr players.

I wonder when people will start bitching about HAVOC (heart it already started) and they just say "screw it" and leave.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

for alms for the poor - as with every faction.

We (the Dutch) are the Hardest faction on the entire map and never asked for alms  

so thats a funny remark.

but yes the softy follow the zerg ,thats in every faction 

Edited by Thonys

Just now, Thonys said:

We (the Dutch) are the Hardest faction on the entire map and never asked for alms  

so thats a funny remark.

You are not the hardest. Nice safezone, long to nearest free port. If not for the Russians, you woudn’t even know how an enemy ship looked.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, staun said:

You are not the hardest. Nice safezone, long to nearest free port. If not for the Russians, you woudn’t even know how an enemy ship looked.

well you are second hardest because you are in the middle of all the trash (i agree)

but when you sail our nation you start with only a couple of oak planks and that's it 

just try our barrier and you will understand its cucuma wood.but on the other hand why fight a neighbour of blood

Edited by Thonys

38 minutes ago, Batman said:

Britain was always good at pissing off their own rvr players

May be RVR players  should not insult random guys on team speak. That is what I remember when thinking about some rvr guys who left the nation.

9 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

May be RVR players  should not insult random guys on team speak. That is what I remember when thinking about some rvr guys who left the nation.

0.o is there a revolt in the British realm? 

19 minutes ago, Thonys said:

well you are second hardest because you are in the middle of all the trash (i agree)

but when you sail our nation you start with only a couple of oak planks and that's it 

just try our barrier and you will understand its cucuma wood.but on the other hand why fight a neighbour of blood

Well think that goes for all nations. But agree some nations have good Wood closer. 

But you have decent Wood types  close by.

Caquarian and  sabicu for PvE. 

Mahogany and sabicu for decent PvP ships.

No think you are not that bad of at all. 

2 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Old story, some RVR guys left the nation, British lost many ports, I do not remember which one first. 

Problem is having 20 good guys in your clan, success in RVR is good, but does not make you the king of realm. So if you act like one, you are at best king of your 20 clan mates. Other (some hundreds) will say "who the f. is he", so they start to negative talks etc., you feel upset cause your are war hero, ... things can happen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Dosen’t matter. The casuals can bitch all they want. They don’t do RvR. As long the 20 guys are together that do RvR, thats all that matters. All you need casuals for in regard to RvR is to pay for ports, and let the RvR guys defend them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Maybe players should use the block function if they get attack by a client on TS.

There is also the possibilty to fill in a complaint or directly poke an admin if one is online (NitroBiLLe or me)

Rarely any of these solutions are being used.

Of course you could just speak directly to @HachiRoku to sort things out, but hey ho.

5 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Old story, some RVR guys left the nation, British lost many ports, I do not remember which one first. 

Problem is having 20 good guys in your clan, success in RVR is good, but does not make you the king of realm.

Success proves you right. Haters gonna hate, no matter what. Try organizing a few port battles yourself and you'll see things differently.

2 minutes ago, Batman said:

Of course you could just speak directly to @HachiRoku to sort things out, but hey ho.

You are definitely correct.

I am not interested in RVR, yet I did enough help for RVR, battle or screening. And we have orginized a few port battles, I do not think I would see any thing differently. Let's not discuss this further on this thread.

33 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Problem is having 20 good guys in your clan, success in RVR is good, but does not make you the king of realm. So if you act like one, you are at best king of your 20 clan mates. Other (some hundreds) will say "who the f. is he", so they start to negative talks etc., you feel upset cause your are war hero, ... things can happen.

What Staun said...

16 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

And we have orginized a few port battles, I do not think I would see any thing differently.

Let me stand corrected  - organize port battles over an extended period of time.

17 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Let's not discuss this further on this thread.

Well, it was you bringing up old stories first.

In the end 

enemy player is enemy player

no matter how much you want to paint it

sink, get sunk, stop with excuses for not engaging in pvp, raids, conquest, whatever.

have fun, nothing is lost, just a game of shooting each other ships.

Like in any game in any type of media, there's always a faction that steamrolls, but smaller factions can engage in OW asymmetrical pvp, and gank the shit out of the big boys when caught with pants down.

no mercy.

I kinda like having a powerful GB.  Frankly I think the big 3, Spain / GB / France should be all powerful in this game as they were IRL (to a certain extent).   It seems more "right" in the spirit of the game sense.  Rather than say a strong Russia or Sweden.  I'll call GB a zerg like everyone else....and the usual scrubs who join nations to ride the zerg will always do what they do....but I don't really mind a powerful GB ruling the map.  Prior to this GB zerg, no one attacked pirate shallow ports.  Now we have a battle every week against the BAIT guys, and that's A OK in my book.  Also prior to the Brzerg there was almost no one in the patrol zones during US times, now you can't swing a stick without hitting 10 brits.  

As for the usual suspects, they'll eventually fizzle out and go elsewhere to the new hot nation in a month or 2.  A scrub will always be a scrub and everyone knows who they are .. cough FENIX cough..  The beauty of the steam roll is that when they run out of enemies, they run out of content.  Being the underdog means there is always something to do.  Such is NA life  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Batman said:

Maybe players should use the block function if they get attack by a client on TS.

There is also the possibilty to fill in a complaint or directly poke an admin if one is online (NitroBiLLe or me)

Rarely any of these solutions are being used.

Success proves you right. Haters gonna hate, no matter what. Try organizing a few port battles yourself and you'll see things differently.

wtf are you talking about me? I am done with the game. 

On 1/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, Sovereign said:

If only the average player had the balls courage and incentive to do so... 

Average players need expert guidance. It is the experts who should be splitting themselves up and building small nations.

17 hours ago, staun said:

Being distant from a free port does not help a thinly populated nation. Basically, the Dutch are surrounded the moment someone steps in, as seen in the ballsack.

17 hours ago, staun said:

Well think that goes for all nations. But agree some nations have good Wood closer. 

But you have decent Wood types  close by.

Caquarian and  sabicu for PvE. 

Mahogany and sabicu for decent PvP ships.

No think you are not that bad of at all. 

A decent ship will not win in an outnumbered PvP nor PB. Hence one of the reasons almost all of our port battles have been unsuccessful. And btw, the woods you suggest wouldn't hold up to a basic 4 pounder. Thickness is slightly more important than strength...at least that's what she said.
MIg5Aok.jpg

2 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Average players need expert guidance. It is the experts who should be splitting themselves up and building small nations.

Yes ppl need somebody to help and teach them. But players should play where the have fun, unless they start to get some payment. We have players who have joined small nations and build them up. We have big nations that have failed because they didn't want the work to be an RvR nation. One single player can't do it alone.  But ppl can actually get far in learning on there own. The best players put up a lot of good videos that ppl can learn from. If ppl start looking at those, go out and do some fights, they will improve. Most of the good players will even if asked, after a battle give a feedback where you made a mistake, where you can improve. 

Don't think all nations have be equal strong. But do think a bit help to the smaller nations could have some benefits, Lets them have like 5 ports will all there basic ressources for ship building, plus the Magogany, Sabicu and Cagurian.  Problem thow is you never know when a nation will be a smal nation. It changes fast. Look at Gb as an example. Seal clubbed and now a top 3 nation. Look at Dk-Ng a good RvR nation, BF left and most DNP players stopped ore moved nation. Dk is now proberbly the smallest and weakest nation.

Being distant from a free port does not help a thinly populated nation. Basically, the Dutch are surrounded the moment someone steps in, as seen in the ballsack.

It helps in the regard there will be less PvP in the area and the casuals can play rather safe. But fair enough not always sure that ppl not are better of have to fight a bit.

A decent ship will not win in an outnumbered PvP nor PB. Hence one of the reasons almost all of our port battles have been unsuccessful. And btw, the woods you suggest wouldn't hold up to a basic 4 pounder. Thickness is slightly more important than strength...at least that's what she said.

First of all I said for PvE cag/sab.(Do think Dutch used it in the havoc days to get BF out of there wathers) It will do fine. but yes Teak is the best wood right now.

For PvP I said you could use Mah/sab. You can also use Sab/Sab if you think thikness is most important in PvP.. Thats the one you should compare to teak teak for PvP. It is not all there but close. You will not win any outnumbred fight if you don't have the skill. no matter what ship wood you bring.

Yes for RvR a steady acces to the best wood is important, but that not imo the most important thing. It is ppls will to do RvR, so go get those ressources in long sails. Be ready spend hours fighting. 

Thickness can be countered. If you know they have very thick sides you have to fight closer. Go hug them.

MIg5Aok.jpg