Game-Labs Forum

Include Ranks, Ships And Nations In Combat News

I'd like to see Combat News include just a little more information: ie Captain's Nation and ship each participant was sailing in the Combat News.

ES [captain name] in [ship] sank FR captain in [ship]

EDIT: Include capt rank also (of course not showing disgraced capt's name), i.e.

23:22 Clerk: ES [rank] [captain name] in [ship] sank FR [rank] in [ship] near Aves.

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 9

The victors nation would be fine, you can use the find player tool to see that anyway, as for the ship, that would go to far in my oppinion, it would punish the victor by letting enemys know not only his location but also wich ship to take to hunt and kill him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captan Thomas Fremantle said:

Nope , it will give a lot of informations .

Yah giving the ship could cause issues as than folks would know what to grab to counter instead of using word of mouth and such.  

21 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I'd like to see Combat News include just a little more information: ie Captain's Nation and ship each participant was sailing in the Combat News.

ES  [RANK] [captain name] sank a FR [RANK]

Maybe something like above with color coding of the letters.   The rank will let you know if some one is seal clubbing or alt farming if it pops up they killed a LT every hour on the hour at that port than they are prob alt farming.  Unless they are sitting out side a capital port than just seal clubbing.  That should be enough name and shaming.   The issue is color for all nations,, we have way to many nations where a good chunk of them could and should be taken out of the game or combined into one nation (remember the old outlaw and normal pirates.  Maybe do outlaws[pirates] and privateers.  Give them hard core rules and the choice of flags to run....than just have the other core nations:  Spain, French, Great Britian (US can be merged with this), Dutch (Dane/Swede), Pirates/Privateers (This would be Pirates, Poland, Russia, Prussian).  For the groups clans can pick what nation flag they want.  So like say GB/US clan that leans toward US can pick US flags for there ports or GB flags, but as a nation as a whole all ports count as the same nation.   The same with the Ducht/Dane/Sweds.   It all counts as one nation, but the clans of that nation can pick the flags it supports.  This will combine it into less nations, but still let folks keep there national pride for those that want to play in certain nations.