Game-Labs Forum
Slim McSauce

Should AI ship Drop Repairs?

Poll!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should AI ships drop repairs?

• Yes
    • No

It seems AI drops for repairs has been removed/reduced, should it return or do you like AI's only dropping mods/Doubloons?

Edited by Slim McSauce

Repairs and Rum should be Common, in warships, but not excessive quantities, so to make crafting and trading of repairs and rum a more viable option but also add the survival aspect to the fellow than doesn't want to participate in filling the greedy merchants with reals but can scrape and live with what he finds away from home.

• Like 4

Just now, do not say dlc said:

Repairs and rum should exist for sale in every outpost. These items should NOT be an asset for some players to make easy money.

That wasn't the question. Plus a player can sit in your favourite free port and buy them all and sell them even if restock happens at regular intervals. Putting a infinite counter on them would work, but then why craft them ? Why build infrastructure to craft them ? 

Question of the OP is - should the AI ships drop repairs. :) 

• Like 1

Indeed, you are right, i was unclear.

I want (= would like)the repairs to have the same logistic as the cannons. Easy to find allover the map in a resonable quantity.

This way there would be no need for npc to drop repairs!

Edited by do not say dlc

35 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Repairs and Rum should be Common, in warships, but not excessive quantities, so to make crafting and trading of repairs and rum a more viable option but also add the survival aspect to the fellow than doesn't want to participate in filling the greedy merchants with reals but can scrape and live with what he finds away from home.

Those who strictly pvp will buy from players. Those who hunt fleets can hunt longer, but eventually still come back and buy repairs from players. Do not make this game boring and unplayable. NPC should drop little bit of each rum , hull , sails...

Edited by Pirate78

8 minutes ago, Pirate78 said:

Those who strictly pvp will buy from players. Those who hunt fleets can hunt longer, but eventually still come back and buy repairs from players. Do not make this game boring and unplayable. NPC should drop little bit of each rum , hull , sails...

That's what I said. AI should drop repairs and rum.

My observation is... if it drops too many, like a lot, any player will hunt Repairs and Rum and sell them as they have been crafted...

Think ahead, be smart. It is a multiplayer game, not a solo game.

AI still drop repairs. I just got 20 rig repairs but I agree they should drop low amounts more often depending on ship rate. 

Edited by Lord Gud

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

That's what I said. AI should drop repairs and rum.

My observation is... if it drops too many, like a lot, any player will hunt Repairs and Rum and sell them as they have been crafted...

Think ahead, be smart. It is a multiplayer game, not a solo game.

Even if it did, NPC numbers are so small and quantity per repair is so big that it will not make any differences. In fast paced games you would be correct. 

Edited by Pirate78

I must be sailing a different ocean then. I bump AI everywhere. But still i agree... I think the 5 -15 interval is okay. It helps the new guy in the Brig, but not intended as a soft pillow for the Rear Admiral veteran.

Guess you are right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I must be sailing a different ocean then. I bump AI everywhere. But still i agree... I think the 5 -15 interval is okay. It helps the new guy in the Brig, but not intended as a soft pillow for the Rear Admiral veteran.

Guess you are right.

Try US coast up top as US player, it's horrible and should be fixed. 

Edited by Pirate78

Just now, Pirate78 said:

Try US coast up top.

National ports are inhabited by nation AI. Enemy ports are inhabited by enemy AI. So border areas are good, enemy territory is best.

Try more south. Just little river won't cut it.

Peace server is the same as far as i could experience ( just made a new character there, previous one was US, now i changed to Brit )

11 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

National ports are inhabited by nation AI. Enemy ports are inhabited by enemy AI. So border areas are good, enemy territory is best.

Try more south. Just little river won't cut it.

Peace server is the same as far as i could experience ( just made a new character there, previous one was US, now i changed to Brit )

yeah, but you should feed local life. New guys live off fleets. Forcing them to leave home and go to pvp areas is dangerous for the game population. They sink and boom they are bankrupt, instead they can go out hit few fleets get money, feel they are financially secure, build ships and then try the risk. Eliminating this factor will eventually kill the game. 

Edited by Pirate78

7 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Even more reason AI should drop some amount of repairs regularly, it's the only way in some cases to sustain your expeditions in enemy territory.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

New guys have 7th-6th rate missions out of Capital.

Not new guys can brave the seas.

You know better. 

39 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I must be sailing a different ocean then. I bump AI everywhere.

Yes you are! and WRONG, anyone bordering the Bahamas have plenty of enemy NPCs of all ranks, British nation does not.

British nation in the War server has a lot of borders with various enemies given such vast territory. Go to edge of the empire, near enemy towns, and you will find plenty of AI to kill, with the associated risk of War server.

Peace server, i sailed to old ile-a-vache area from kpr and is good. ( still on my basic cutter there, brand new character )

26 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

i sailed to old ile-a-vache area from kpr and is good

Lately I’ve been north of La Habana, there 7th & 6th rates, doubloons dropping TBrigs, and 5th rate. This is a clear advantage for the Spanish.

None of this volume is around Surrey, a clear disadvantage.

Yet dev’s have said players have to travel outside their nation region to find NPCs targets to resource from.

The entire Keys are Pirate ports.

AI around there is mostly pirate with the odd GB fleet generating in Las Tortugas.

Basically north side of Habana is border.

North side of Jamaica also has this situation, as many ports north are Pirate, Swedish and Prussian.

12 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

And so the disparity continues…

The disparity is well within your control. If you want AI targets, hunt for them like you want it. It takes 30 minutes of sailing to find good ground, it's not like PvP where you have to skulk for hours just to find a fight that you could possibly win. Just go to the edge of your territory and take what you find.
Repairs will help you travel farther, and stay longer.

Edited by Slim McSauce

29 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

The disparity is well within your control

Change nation even!

On topic, yes, repairs for new players is very expensive to craft, they need them in loot drops.