Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
angriff

Are Doubloons only loaded once per day?

Ok not only is it impossible to play this game alone if you only have a few hours to play but it is impossible to mine doubloons.  Last four traders I have found had zero (0) doubloons.  So it is either fight a Victory with 10 other heavies with my one small ship or never get doubloons.  So my question is what is the logic in this loading?  Is it being mined before me by Euro players in the morning after the reset? 

I have not had a bottle in over a month now either.

Adder:  On average each sail to find a trader is over 1 hour for nothing?  How can this game sustain this poor gameplay?  It is not all about PB and PZ for the majority of players.  It has become harder to find a trader with Doubloon than getting Teak or White Oak.  There is no guarantee on how you can survive this requirement.  You cant buy them for the most part.. except maybe in one place.   

Further, It seems you suddenly get friendly NPC more at foreign ports then enemy traffic.   It is really frustrating and disheartening. 

Edited by angriff

Short answer: No.

The loot depends on luck.

You can loot doubloons also in any warship. The bigger the fleet, more chances to loot doubloons.

11 minutes ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

Well, that depends.

Me and a friend went hunting for a couple of hours and we made aproximately almost 20k doubloons in 5 or 6 battles.

You made 20k (with a friend) in 3 hours? Jesus save this game and forgive those who try to break it.

Edited by Pirate78

13 minutes ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

Well, that depends.

Me and a friend went hunting for a couple of hours and we made aproximately almost 20k doubloons in 5 or 6 battles.

Exactly the game does not provide for a single player to fight the large fleets.. and all the ships are larger than the ships newer players.  This game is being designed about large ships and large groups.  But the reduction in player numbers I can guess this is the main reason for the failure of the game to provide reasonable ability of a a new or single player to achieve anything other than be bored to death.

Don't get me wrong I have over 10K doubloon and 1 Mill Reals and much to do for crafting and trading.  The frustration is that this is not always consistently available for a player of my type.  It not like going to get another  commodity where you can judge the needed involvement. 

I spent 3 hours transiting the Caribbean to set up a new bas nearer to mostly enemy ports.  Just one friendly port.. and when I spawn in there are nothing but friendly AI for miles and hours of sailing past enemy ports with the exception of 10 victories or a ship two levels above mine.  I change ships and suddenly all the Ai shifts to the same ratio.  It is suspicious. 

Edited by angriff

I think there an ideology failure here or dev’s don’t realize the difference.

Post patch 27, advancement from RNG drops (mostly) leads to frustrations.

Pre patch 27, advancement via rewards for effort (fix reward – like combat missions) leads to accomplishment.

The smallest, tiniest of changes can have such a huge impact on player perceptions.

I think it's good that building a Ship of Line is more difficult for a single person, because I prefer games that offer content that's easier to handle in a community.
It is not impossible to build such big ships, only it takes longer for individuals.

• Like 4

I always play solo, bro, and I get around. I'm still a Flag Captain and I usually sail a 3rd rate, sometimes I undercrew a 1st rate to get larger fleets.

And no, it didn't take 3 hours, it took around 7 hours of gameplay. Some of the fleets were large, 6~7 4th rates, couple of 3rd rate fleets with 4, some LGVs and a few fleets of 1st rate. Me and a friend, some of the battles I got it by myself. Some of the loots I got 3k dubs in just one ship.

I think dubloon drop may have dropped, but to me feels, still enough. When I see TBrig, TSnow, if no enemies around, I attack them, board instantly and loot. 

Bigger warship fleets can drop lots of dubs. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, angriff said:

Ok not only is it impossible to play this game alone if you only have a few hours to play but it is impossible to mine doubloons.  Last four traders I have found had zero (0) doubloons.  So it is either fight a Victory with 10 other heavies with my one small ship or never get doubloons.  So my question is what is the logic in this loading?  Is it being mined before me by Euro players in the morning after the reset? 

No. 
Traders do not always carry doubloons as they might be on the first part of the route (where they carry goods). But the can carry a lot more than combat ships (rarely). So not having doubloons in 4 traders is totally ok - they really do not have them. 

Combat ships (NPC) almost always carry various amount of doubloons  (depending on crew size)
Player ships always have doubloons for crew pay or spoils from others.

ps. pro tip. Sinking ship destroys some resources in hold can destroy a stack fully or partially. For full undamaged hold - board, take goods, then sink and check for crew pay. 

• Like 8

Also you can place buy contrats to buy some doubloons from other players in shop eventually if you are the unluckiest guy with no dbl drop from ai. For me, i often get 600 to ~1000 dbl from simple trader brigs for exemple, lgv from my experience drop nearly similar amount, but as it's been said it's random.

5 hours ago, admin said:

ps. pro tip. Sinking ship destroys some resources in hold can destroy a stack fully or partially. For full undamaged hold - board, take goods, then sink and check for crew pay. 

Does this apply also to AI ships, because I have never seen anything else appear after sinking them after boarding.

14 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Does this apply also to AI ships, because I have never seen anything else appear after sinking them after boarding.

Ai ships don't give up anything else after sinking them from a boarding.  Always check player ships though, as they always drop the bonus doubloons.

board, take goods, then sink and check for crew pay. 

I board there is nothing but Coal of Danish Yeast in the hold.   When I sink a combat ship sometimes doubloons but only found 24.  

The AI magically one shots you and magically maneuvers through small gaps in islands and shallows even if you cant see them.  Then they magically try to board you if you are hurt.  It is a programmed game of my computer against my small ship 

The rub of more freindly NPC around enemy ports is another problem.

Edited by angriff

So I find that if I sink in the morning about 3 hours after reset I can find doubloons at the usual pace.  However, if I wait until US prime time I come up empty.  

Is it that there is a fixed allotment each day on the server Doubloon generator that reduces the amount and chances as the maximum per day is alloted? 

The issue is that Doubloons is a commodity like coal or white oak.  You have to mine it.  You can predict how to get Reals and commodities like white oak.  What you cant do is predict reliably how you can sustain Doubloons.  This is a problem in my eyes for a single player.

Edited by angriff

2 minutes ago, angriff said:

So I find that if I sink in the morning about 3 hours after reset I can find doubloons at the usual pace.  However, if I wait until US prime time I come up empty.  

Is it that there is a fixed allotment each day on the server Doubloon generator that reduces the amount and chances as the maximum per day is alloted? 

I play in US prime time and don't believe that to be true.  I have scored many doubloons from Player ships and the random drop from AI seems level at all times.  It's just not every AI.

9 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I play in US prime time and don't believe that to be true.  I have scored many doubloons from Player ships and the random drop from AI seems level at all times.  It's just not every AI.

that does not solve the predictability of a commodity problem.  Play cannot sustain a two day drought like I had when out of four days playing and teleporting to trade for reals, I decided to start Doubloon mining.  A one month drought in bottles limits my access to things like Cartagena Tar or Swedish Carpenter but I can live with that more than I can live without Doubloons to check on mines and short sortie for enemies.  The game needs to be predictable or players will leave it as too difficult to keep up with lost ships or building requirements.

Edited by angriff

3 minutes ago, angriff said:

that does not solve the predictability of a commodity problem.

It does not.  I believe that is the point.  Devs want us to attack all ships in the hope of scoring the bonus.  If it's any help, I've been thinking that AI traders who have just left a port are more likely to have the big Doubloon scores.  Might be just me, but that's RNG.

30 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It does not.  I believe that is the point.  Devs want us to attack all ships in the hope of scoring the bonus.  If it's any help, I've been thinking that AI traders who have just left a port are more likely to have the big Doubloon scores.  Might be just me, but that's RNG.

So I found 900 doubloons in a trader this morning.  That satiates my requirements for moving around and maintaining my mines and factories.  A simple amount if I am not building upgrades for Clan members. 

I thought XP was the emphasis for attacking ships but I full realize that players with full rank and all the knowledge slots have to continue to work for something to keep interested or have a clan that can provide replacement ships for them.  Not to mention perk resets to change from Attack to Trade (fleet) mode.

Your thoughts of AI leaving ports is interesting but traders are so rare that it is almost impossible to determine if they are leaving or moving to another port unless you see them originally spawn.  I have hit one that just arrived and left and it was empty.  I will stick with my server reset idea  until it is definitively defined by the devs because that is how it is acting in my experience.

• Like 1

I usually play late at night in US before server reset and never had problems finding doubloons.  My experience shows that about 1 out of 3 NPC traders has a decent cargo of dubs.  I think it’s more a function of location then time.

19 minutes ago, Sparkydog said:

I usually play late at night in US before server reset and never had problems finding doubloons.  My experience shows that about 1 out of 3 NPC traders has a decent cargo of dubs.  I think it’s more a function of location then time.

Well locations have been on both sides of the Caribbean (Carriacou, Tumbado, Las Tortuga to Cuban coast for the two days mentioned .  The only area I did not have trouble because of the number of different countries and my home country only had two ports out of many in small area is the Bahamas.  So there is a relationship in the number of enemy ports vs friendly ports.

Saying you are not having trouble does not mean there are many players with similar issues to mine and find it frustrating enough to quit.  I could tell you I dont have trouble finding white oak or teak logs but many others would tell you different.

Players have commented above about buying them.  Seems the devs started a commodity exchange between the PVPers and Trader/crafters but did not make it fluid enough.  You have to be in the port of the PVPers which is likely not the same for traders that would float behind the line not to have to move their stash when a town is captured.  (I had to once spend the whole day moving stored products and ships when a port battle (that I was not allowed to defend by the way)  threatened a town I had substantial build up of inventory.   If Doubloons were on a common market through a country, that is a bank like system that allowed you to buy them on the market in any friendly port it would be good for both type players.  It would also keep the newer guys from getting stuck in a town without doubloons to teleport out to meet their friends or take care of other business. 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, admin said:

Player ships always have doubloons for crew pay or spoils from others.

Fake news, I've killed many players and received 0 doubloons in hold several times (only final reward).

Edited by Banished Privateer

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Fake news, I've killed many players and received 0 doubloons in hold several times (only final reward).

Happened to me last night....but I got navy Hull

The point of my above post was to say I still find many NPC traders loaded with dubs at the end of the day, right before reset.  I do this in a well trafficked area that would seem to disprove the idea that dubs get loaded once per day and NPCs are emptier later in the day.