Game-Labs Forum

Suspect alt/friend farming

Maybe they boarded one and one ship upwind while the privateer took protection on the leeway side, the other ai would just keep downwind and maybe even chasing a 2nd lineship until the first ship was dead

Edited by Guest

Let me just say that I've fought against both of the players indicated here, and apart from anything else I might have perceived about them, they never struck me as dishonest players. So I am going to assume nothing wrong about them until otherwise concluded by the tribunal.

Taking the facts on their face though, I cannot find any reasonable explanation, save bugs, to explain them. If, as vazco suggested, this result could be achieved by switching to a fleet ship in order to complete the order, then that would appear to be a potential exploit, and something which I hope that they would have reported immediately after doing it.

• Like 2

Until someone posts a video of them taking down multiple 1st rates in a cutter (or anything of this unbalanced magnitude), I will automatically assume there is an exploit being used and the people will not admit it until they have accumulated as much rewards as they want. It is much like the duplicating ship exploit, or the rat v rat exploit. Something cannot change unless the devs are notified by someone who turns honest. 

However, if this is legit, then post the video. Nothing to fear when showing tactics....just imo.

7 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Then let me know how is handling a 1st rate with 60 men. 😁

just a theory, what if he can have a privateer as main ship, a fleet 1st rate ship, enter battle, swap ships and get the kill as privateer in the event?

3 hours ago, Wyy said:

just a theory, what if he can have a privateer as main ship, a fleet 1st rate ship, enter battle, swap ships and get the kill as privateer in the event?

Indeed I was wrong. The 1st rate would be already fully manned. My bad.

That said... We are in the end discussing about which exploit to use to get the result... Not that has to be some kind of (partially lecit in theory) exploit.🤓

On 1/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, Licinio Chiavari said:

Indeed I was wrong. The 1st rate would be already fully manned. My bad.

That said... We are in the end discussing about which exploit to use to get the result... Not that has to be some kind of (partially lecit in theory) exploit.🤓

Yesterday I want down to Jamaica in a prince, wound up boarding and swapping to a ship I had badly damaged, and was sunk in that ship. I wound up getting the kill on myself. Probably supports the theory

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Beeekonda said:

kamaa and LaHire are in the same clan btw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Indeed.

And I fought them both in Bahamas in last days... and they didnt look like exceptional captains (and I am saying that... not some super elite one).
Honestly only good at, trying, running from a (smaller) enemy squadron (2 Requins + 1 Hercules and, later, 1 Requin and 2 Herculeses british hunters vs. 4 French Herculeses - them plus a couple more friends).

What if, for the sake of argument, and this is probably not the best part of the forum but it is on topic to subject at hand, a group of SOL and one privateer with 12lb caronade tagged an AI fleet. The SOLs were tasked with boarding the SOLs while the privateer dealt hull damage. The privateer would in most instances get the kill at minimal risk. An exploit yes but not outside of the rules such as they exist

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, John Cavanaugh said:

What if, for the sake of argument, and this is probably not the best part of the forum but it is on topic to subject at hand, a group of SOL and one privateer with 12lb caronade tagged an AI fleet. The SOLs were tasked with boarding the SOLs while the privateer dealt hull damage. The privateer would in most instances get the kill at minimal risk. An exploit yes but not outside of the rules such as they exist

Good point.

I would personally move the light/frigate/lineship feats to only PvP.

Farming doubs in PvE is already simple, fast and profitable.

Bettergiving an extra for successful PvP, granted already so many way, here pointed, to exploit AIs.

Noticed similar 'impossible' results on PvE server weeklies too. There must be some ways of cheating and exploits. That's why I don't participate anymore.

- let only battle scores enter the count which had nobody else than contestant in battle instance and his opponent be AI *only* (to rule out some cheating on PvP server in this). Suppose game registers when those conditions are met.

- make score dependent from size of ship and BR difference to target. Smaller ships receive more points than bigger ships (both of the class for which the contest is held), promoting underdog challenges.

Why not just make the Weeklies randomly select which rate ship to use (as it already does...sort of) and prevent that rate from battling any other rate? So a Light Ship Weekly would require a 7th rate to use and the only points that count would be against 7th rates. Likewise, the Frigate Weekly would say choose 5th rate and battles against only 5th rates would count. This would prevent people from farming higher rates and prevent these ridiculously outrageous high BR points, from the obvious farmers. Who cares if they go in with a group of friends and farm same rate AI fleets.

Edited by van der Decken

• 2 weeks later...